• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon?

Which version will you pick?

• Total voters
Years
  • Figured we need an obligatory "which version will you play" thread.

While we don't know much about the games at this stage, aside from the new forms for Solgaleo and Lunala, there will still be stuff like version differences that will be revealed later down the line that plays a huge factor into deciding which game you'll play.

So, which version do you plan to choose? Do you plan to pick the version that directly lines up with the version you had of the original S/M pair, or will you try the opposite for a change?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm picking both games as usual, but like last time I'm flipping a coin to decide which game to get first.

Sirfetch’d

I'll be playing Ultra Moon first because I played Moon first, but I am getting both as usual. I really hope they do a preload of these games like they did with SM!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm not going to vote yet. Do we even know which mascot legendary is assigned to which version? I know it's probably likely that Solgaleo is Ultra Sun and Lunala is Ultra Moon since the theming on the logos wouldn't really make sense if they were switched....but we still don't know for certain.

I'm tempted to go with Ultra Sun just because I went with Moon originally, though it'll depend on whether it has some sort of connectivity with the games we already have (like in 5th gen)....so that might sway me towards Ultra Moon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'll go with UltraMoon simply because I went with Sun originally c: I like Solgaleo, but I won't get two Sun versions lol

Years
  • Moon was the version I played of the original pair, so it only makes sense that I go for its corresponding sequel which is Ultra Moon.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Going to do the exact opposite of what I did last time.

Ultra Sun digitally. Ultra Moon physically at Christmas.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    This is the first time since gen 5 where I've been conflicted as to which version. This time I think both legendaries look equally cool, but I've already gotten Sun so I was considering Ultra Moon. But if the time thing is like it was in Moon, then I might opt for Ultra Sun...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    If I decide to get one of these, it'll probably be Ultra Moon. Kinda liked Alola at night.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Both, as I've done for a number of generations now. Still debating whether to pick up extra copies (I did with XY and ORAS, but haven't yet with SuMo). I'll probably start with Ultra Moon first, as I started with Moon this time around and like the shifted clock of Moon given my typical play hours, followed by US for challenges or simply another play through.

Back