• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

were you bullied in school

Altair1

Willpower
Years
  • I was bullied every single day in school! I was beaten up in Primary here and there, teased everyday as well. High School wasn't even better, however I was over being bullied...
    This person stuck me against the wall in class, he had me on the table, I winded one of my legs back and let it loose into his stomach, the poor guy dropped like a sack of potatoes! xD
    He challenged me and I stood my ground, but he didn't follow through. Didn't bother me again. I never did have real friends in High School. I honestly don't understand why I can't get along with anyone lmao...

Years
  • Yeah, I have been bullied so much during my past life it has caused me to become anti-social and heck even my brother has fallen to the dark side by becoming a bully who picks on women, hence I get too scared to even sit near him at the dinner table. Bullies also caused me to quit TAFE and take indefinite leave from work, so yeah you could tell my issue is kinda serious.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    If anybody says they weren't bullied it means they're either lying or a bully.

I wouldn't say I was bullied at all in secondary school, there was one kid in primary school but looking back I'm not sure it was really bullying, as such.

Years
  • I was bullied heavily in elementary school, but not so much in middle school, and I wasn't bullied at all in high school.

TY

I was bullied for like... 7-8 years iirc. And when i was in middle school i got bullied by like almost everyone in class aswell, which made it even worse.

But the thing was was that i never did anything against it cause i was so anti-social as hell... luckily that has changed.

Outlier

no, i beg to disagree. in my case, i wasnt bullied coz my mom was always there.

but i do believe that bullying has a positive impact to an individual's development..depends on how someone reacts i guess.

If you weren't even bullied yourself then how can you say that it has a positive impact on someone's development? Not everyone had their mommy there to bail them out you know.

I've never understood the people who think that dealing with bullies is important for building character. Even if that's partly true being bullied usually builds all sorts of negative characteristics and behaviors more often than not.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I was bullied a lot because I was thin. I was the lightest in school, and I always got picked on because of it.

Years
  • I got bullied between 4th and 9th grade, though it started to lessen a bit by the end. There were some circumstances though that made it easier:
    1) It wasn't just me but also my two best friends that got bullied, so we could all support one another
    2) The bullies had some sort of "honor" system in that they couldn't start a physical fight without me (or one of my friends) "starting it" - meaning that if you took your distance and walked away it was little they could do but resolve to psychological tactics.
    3) I had great loving parents and (as mentioned above) friends to support me, so I never once believed I was inferior to them in any way - in fact I used them as role models to show me what not to do in life by studying their mistakes; I learnt a lot about philosophy and politics this way.

Of course these years left their mark. I had just come out from a period of therapy when the bullying started, sort of sending me back to square one again. I developed a pretty dark view on humanity and the world as a whole that made me quite bitter; only really started to change some years after the bullying had stopped. This was mainly because I realized that I was the present day builder and caretaker of the mental prison I was kept in (very much like the music video for Metallica's "Unforgiven").

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2015
    Well, I suppose there were some of the right elements - basically zero social skills courtesy of Asperger's syndrome and not a lot of bright fellows in my class. However, the school was in a small village, everyone knew everyone, each class had like twenty people etc. Two in my class did get bullied, though they were fat and rather weak. My physical strength wasn't exactly impressive, but pissing me off was generally more trouble than it was worth - I remember "muling" (smearing someone's face with snow) a girl because of a comment they made to me. There were better targets, basically.

Takumi.

Heart of a Clockwork Child
    Years
  • Cant say I was bullied, sure I fell out with people time to time, but thats school :/ I was thai boxing throughout school, and moved onto MMA when I left, so I wasn't really targeted, as they generally go for people they expect to take the abuse and not retaliate.

If anybody reading this is having a tough time, I'm always free to PM. sometimes talking helps, and as a 27 year old father of two, I can possibly help you out :) Standing up to bullies isn't always easy, especially if your alone and the bully is backed up with friends. Even I'd be afraid now if a group of people my age were being aggressive towards me, but thankfully most people grow up.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • I was bullied in school. I believe it's because my mom was a teacher at my school. Also, i tend to let my emotions get to me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    No, I wasn't. Bullying rarely happened in my schools, and any case reported by a student was dealt with quickly.

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
  • no, i beg to disagree. in my case, i wasnt bullied coz my mom was always there.

but i do believe that bullying has a positive impact to an individual's development..depends on how someone reacts i guess.

No positive impact some people kill themselves guess thats positive mmmmmm no every person derserves to live without a nuisance like bullies

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • For a while I used to be bullied, but it stopped when I started to show I could also be a violent person and I don't regret doing this :D

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
  • There were a couple of jerks who gave me a hard time. It didn't bother me that much, because I knew they were useless stoners, but I ended up using it as an excuse to leave that school.

Back