• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently playing? V4

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Mostly playing Hades. I don't like roguelikes so why am I still playing this?

I'm also procrastinating on Pokemon Platinum. Really need to get back to it, sometime.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Been playing Ys IX for the past few days and just reached the final chapter. The monstrums might just be my new favourite JRPG party tbh, they're all so fun to play. Adol aside, I especially like playing as Doll and Hawk.

Years
  • Last night I picked up Hades and Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light from the Switch store. I always wanted to play the older FE games but never did since I don't really use emulators and didn't have access to the games. I have cleared the first level and I love the aesthetic of retro games and how off they feel compared to games now.

Hades is an amazing game, and very addicting. I have already put 5-6 hours into it and will probably be the next game I hit 50+ hours in, which I have only done with 3 games on the Switch (Pokemon Shield 215, FE Three Houses 130, and BotW 60). Also still playing OSRS because I can never get away from RuneScape for long. 😅

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I finished Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White With Remastered to my liking on Wednesday night. I wasn't satisfied so I played a little into post-game and all it took was 2 more silver trophies to get me to the point where I was satisfied. Post-game requires too many specific items/equipment/setups/monsters/etc. that I just don't have the patience or will to do. Sorry.

Overall I'd say this game was pretty fun and relatively easy for the most part. Very pretty and story was pretty good.

I then started the sequel to the game I just played. I guess. Technically. Ni No Kuni II Revenant Kingdom. I'm only about 2 hours in and... well... it's much darker than the first game. Which I kind of like. Also... GOOD GOD. THIS GAME. SO GODDAMN FUN. I'm already having more fun with this game than I did with the first game. Why? Well... they removed the monster catching entirely and just made it a straight up ARPG. So think of Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy XV. The game got both massive flak and massive praise for doing that. For me though... YEP. SO MUCH BETTER. 😍

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2021
    I actually got a handful of new games relatively recently since my birthday and winter holidays are pretty near each other, including Pokemon Sword toward the latter half of December.

My newest acquisition, though, is thanks to my roommate that is able to snag some pretty obscure stuff for me should it come in, since she works retail at a comic book/gaming/geekery place. She picked up for me a DS game of Fullmetal Alchemist called Dual Sympathy. I tested it out by playing through the first stage and it seems ok.

Years
  • Just saw the credits for Chaos on Deponia, might move onto Goodbye Deponia or finishing Fallout: New Vegas tomorrow. Hades is frustrating me a bit.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I've been playing Rune Factory 4 during the last week, and I was also playing Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon earlier

Years
  • I am currently playing Super Metroid (the 3DS Virtual Console port) and, wow, I never knew Nintendo ever made something with such an interesting, creepy atmosphere. I've heard great things about this, but wow, I am genuinely impressed!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition. Never played the original. Should be somewhat near the end (level 71-72 right now).

Feels a bit negatively towards it. Admits some blame in it. Read a bit of spoilers to discover what becomes inaccessible later. Hates missing out on stuff. Pushed to complete tons of sidequests (partially for easy party and affinity). Cleaned out areas. Was not worth it. Wound up overleveled at times. Skipped one area's quests to equalize it, though.

Seems to really encourage sidequests, though. Would have been severely underleveled without them. Cannot gauge how many to do without more spoilers. Spent far more time completing sidequests and/or hunting collectibles (some for reconstruction) than the main story.

Lives and dies by its combat system, honestly. Views Shulk to be the most interesting, combat-wise. Is not that type of player, though. Gravitates towards mage-types in games. Finds this game's primary mage to be incredibly dull to control. Turned a lot of the game into a slog.

Picked up in story recently. Foreshadowed some parts too much. Was not surprised by Metal Face or one character at the Core.

Recognizes some positive aspects, such as quest tracking and completing quests without returning to the questgiver. Put a lot of love into the sidequests with the NPC affinity web. Appreciates quests with choice too. Highlights Chain Attacks as an excellent, flexible button for players. Demands good forethought. Cannot make up for the bulk of combat, unfortunately.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Getting back to the 3DS by alternating between Devil Survivor 2 Overclocked and Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology.
    Just defeated Dubhe on DeSu2 and ended the first day. And I'm about 5 hours into Radiant Historia - while I'm enjoying the time travel mechanics and the grid-based combat, enemies drop so little money that I'm constantly broke lol.

Back