• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What did you get?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    How do you feel when people at school ask what you got on your test or report card or whatever?

I don't care if people ask me though it is harder for me to tell the truth when I do really poorly. When I do well or amazing then I don't care if they ask. However, I never ask people about their results and scores since it isn't my business nor do I really care for their results.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    In high school I actually did pretty well, so I wasn't like upset if people asked me. I tried not to ask other people though. And it was fun to compare standardized test scores (mainly ACT here), so for those, people were definitely not shy in going around asking everyone what they got.

These days the only people who ask are my parents, and my responses are never good. ):

Years
  • I usually get high test scores, so I've always been open to sharing my scores. But, I'm pretty irresponsible with my homework, so I don't like to share my report card with others too often.

pkmin3033

I always used to be on edge whenever my classmates asked me this; back in school, EVERYTHING was a competition, right down to the last mark in difference. If I got less than them, they'd hang it over my head for weeks. Or until the next test came along. Of course, if I didn't, they'd assume I didn't do as well as they did and was trying to hide it. We were all precocious little brats, really. xD

I never worried about telling my parents, though - I was always a good student, so I had nothing to be ashamed of or worried about. They were usually pleased with me, although lord help me if I got a B where I was capable of an A.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • If I get a good grade: "YEAH LEMME SHOW YOU MY AWESOME SCORE. I DID GOOOOOOD." /showoff

If I get a bad grade: "um...I'd raaaaaaaaaaaather not show you....." /embarassed

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I was a good student, so I never really minded. The only places I weren't fond of sharing my scores were in French and Advanced Algebra with Trigonometry. Those classes were the bane of my existence.

I asked other people what they got occasionally, but only if we were friends. I somehow managed a reputation for being really smart, even though I was pretty average, so people were happy when they got a better score than me. Eventually they figured out that it wasn't anything special, but for a while, it seemed like I was the person to beat.

Years
  • I never cared all that much, it's not like it wouldn't be that hard to tell if anyone was lying or not when they'd repeat the same class the next year. XD

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I was really aggravated with people over my PSAT score because of how starry people's eyes were over my 31/32. As far as regular grades go, I don't care. I ask them the same - "why do you?"

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I never really cared if people asked me my test scores. If it was a good score, nothing to be embarrassed about (and nothing to feel superior about either). If it was a bad score, still didn't care. Getting a bad test score doesn't mean you're stupid, and I always managed to pass my classes anyway (still don't get how I passed a few of my math classes, but oh well). That and half the time when I did bad, most of the class did poorly too *cough*chemistry*cough*.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I always tell people when they ask, and I ask all my friends. if I did poorly it's something to laugh about and forget, really.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I don't feel any way about it. If they want to know, they can. My grades have never been good, yet no peer has ever troubled me over it; why would they?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    Personally I've never minded, and I never knew anyone in high school that minded sharing - we'd joke around and make fun of each other after comparing test results and stuff, but I never felt like I had to hide my grades from anyone (you know, except for my parents).

So it was kind of weird when I first started attending university - like some of your guys' responses, some people seemed to really mind, apparently, and it confused me that it was such a big deal to them. I mean, I don't really care, it's always just been a casual conversation topic to me; I'm not gonna judge you on how you did on that one test, lol. Like I'd ask classmates around me how they did, and some of them seemed uncomfortable to share that with me (or they'd usually be very vague, like "oh, pretty good" or "not that great"), so eventually I learned to keep to myself and not ask how people did unless I felt like they were kind of open and/or we had become somewhat good friends.

Lord Raven

Gummi Bears
    Years
  • Oh yeah I tend to answer in generalities, so like "I did well enough" tho if I did badly i blurt out my test grade.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • It only really bothered me when I got a better mark than the person who asked me. I just felt rude and mean if I said it.

Other than that it didn't bother me

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I did well in school so I would just tell them straight out. I'm not going to try and hide it or lie about it lol.

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    me when i get good grades: GOD IS DEAD! WOMAN HAS RISEN!
    me when my grades are bad: perfection is a disease of a nation

Last edited:

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
  • People usually ask me every time, because I'm apparently very smart (I'm not as smart as they seem to think, lmao). I'll ask people just because it's a thing to do.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I absolutely don't mind telling friends my results for an exam when I passed it. But if I failed it... gtfo, if you wanna talk to me, then don't even mention the word exam.

Back