• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think of food-based Pokémon?

Years
  • There are quite a bit of food based Pokémon that exist now, such as the Milcery line, the Vanillish line, the Applin line, the Cherubi line, and others. Do you guys tend to like food-based mons? Which is your favorite?

Roaming Emboar

Unovian Enhtusiast
    Years
  • I love Vanilluxe. In one of my Black teams for Serperior, I used Serperior, Archeops, Seismitoad, Darmanitan, Scrafty, and Vanilluxe. Believe or not, that Vanilluxe had the highest psychial and special attack stat on the team and all of the Pokemon were the same level (Level 75)!

pkmin3033

A lot of them are pretty bland and uninspiring, tbh. They're not the worst designs out there - although Slurpuff is pretty far down on the list - but they don't really stand out the way other inanimate object Pokemon do. Alcremie is just...annoying. So many forms, and none of them really stand out from the others.

Not sure I really have a favourite. Appletun is OK I guess? Flapple, though, that's another story entirely...

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2023
    I really think it depends on the Pokemon itself. I love the Vanillite line but I'm not a fan of Slurpuff or Flapple. I think food can be done well but it just depends on where they go with it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2021
    I love them, they're incredibly delicious

Design wise I like Alcremie and Flapple the best

Years
  • all i can say is, the best they could do for a grass/dragon type was an apple? are you kidding me?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • all i can say is, the best they could do for a grass/dragon type was an apple? are you kidding me?

I mean, it's literally a wrym (a type of dragon) inside an apple, so.

I'm fine with food based Pokemon. It's never bothered me, nor have object based Pokemon, either. I don't get why people don't like them. :x

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I don't mind 'em. I love Vanillite (though I guess it's more of a sentient icicle than actual ice cream) and think Alcremie and Appletun were some of the best Pokémon to come out of Gen. 8 (next to Snom/Frosmoth and Centiskorch).

Can't say I'm particularly fond of Slurpuff, though. (I think it's the "hair" that puts me off. Makes it look a bit too humanoid.)

Reckon we could get a Fire/Ice-type based on Baked Alaska? A potato that evolves into a baked potato? Ramen!?

EDIT: Ooh! A carrot that evolves into a bunny-themed carrot cake would be super cute!

Last edited:

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I'm also fine with Pokemon based off food, after all it is a franchise with wild and wacky designs and not every Pokemon has to be an actual monster. I think my flavourite favourite is the Applin line just because the wyrm in an apple is such a fun idea with an awesome execution and the split path is cute too. I personally think Alcremie is the weakest design just because it feels like a generic pretty and cute design to me.

Years
  • I mean, it's literally a wrym (a type of dragon) inside an apple, so.

I'm fine with food based Pokemon. It's never bothered me, nor have object based Pokemon, either. I don't get why people don't like them. :x

aight so i was too rough on the guy, and i just discovered what a wyrm was, so that's pretty dope.

tbh if they release an orange lookin pokemon, i'm absolutely gonna be a fan, so i'm totally biased rn :p

Years
  • i like them in concept but i've never used them on my team, so... :c

although tbh i'm tempted to see what leveling a flapple would be like!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2021
    I have not been fond of them in the past - Slurpuff, Vanilluxe etcetera - but Appletun is my favourite Galarian Pokémon, with Alcremie not too far behind. They are utterly adorable.

Valroxen

Self Proclaimed Trans Poke-Queen
    Years
  • Honestly at first when the whole Vanilluxe war when B/W was first out I was just indifferent. With all the new Food based pokemon however I now know I love these Pokemon. Vanilluxe is honestly so adorable to me idk how you can hate it, Swirlix I don't really like but I think Slurpuff is really derpy and cute, Alcremie I absolutely adore because I love the customisation (strawberry + rainbow for me :3) and also its Gmax is literally a huge ass cake what's not to love, Applin is pretty cool but I really like both Flapple and Appletun and its not exactly food but I'll group Polteageist/Sinistea in with this since its sorta the same and I love them too.

Food Pokemon are very pog and I like them a lot :3

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
  • Hmmm I like them when their "lore" reflects mankind imitating nature and not the other way around.

For example, I love Vanilluxe's line design-wise because they're not actually ice cream. They just have that shape and it's not hard to picture that whenever ice cream was invented/introduced in Unova, people just thought "oh it would be fun to shape it like Vanillite, it's gonna look cute" like how some places like Japan actually do shape food after animals and etc.

Most of them are either in that category or I don't really care for, like Slurpuff. But Applin's evolutions just don't click for me. If anything, Flapple looks too much like a Bakugan for my liking and Appletun is like...the Pokédex states that kids eat the flesh on its back as a snack. It's disturbing.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I wasn't crazy about them up until a bunch ended up being adorable Fairy types! ('∀'●)♡

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Considering that Vanilluxe and the Applin line (also Tropius, if you count that as food-based) are some of my favorites, I'd say food-based Pokémon have been pretty good so far.

I also really like the concept of food-based Pokémon. ...Although things might get weird if they make a Pokémon based on a steak or something.

EDIT: I forgot Glalie was a thing. Glalie is apparently based on onigiri.

Last edited:
    Back