• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What makes you feel old?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I saw a commercial the other day for a tablet for little kids. They had 5-year-olds in it.

And I looked at Boyfriend and asked, "Remember when floppy disks were a thing? When cell phones and laptops were almost exclusively for ****ing CEOs?"

....Kids these days. :(

You really are old lol. You're starting to sound like our grandparents when they're like "back then we were young, we only had a radio and now you all have you tv's and game boys!" xD

Infernape

fire power!
    Years
  • The fact my Nephew in 6th grade doesn't know what the heck a Gameboy or a PSOne is! I nearly had a heart attack when he asked me what those where!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • What makes me feel old is the realize I'm 26 going on 27. D: I'm getting older every year, and I'm very slowly realizing that I'm not a little kid anymore... even though it's different for me mentally. Also, the sudden realization that I've been playing pokemon since Pokemon Yellow first came out. XD That was years ago, and I was barely in my teens at the time. O_O

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm still young okay. Okay.

But the thing that makes me feel old is when I realize that many famous people, like my favorite Viners, are younger than me but don't seem like it. It's like, it's like an illusion that I'm getting older but I'm realizing that it's real when I see people's birthdates and it makes me feel weird haha.

Years
  • Hearing about people I went to High School with marrying and having their own children.

... I graduated High School in 2011.

Aeon.

Carrion
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    "It's been eight years since YouTube became a big part of our culture, seven years since Call of Duty evolved into a worldwide phenomenon, and kids that are in early high school or just about to enter high school remember generation six of consoles at the earliest. Also, the Nintendo DS will be ten years old on the exact same day OR/AS release."

Now I'm sad. I feel older than I actually am.

Years
  • The fact I only recently turned 22. I keep thinking I have not changed appearance-wise at all because I look the same now as I was when I was in my early teens. Also, the fact that my brother is 16, and he's completely wasting his life on video games.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • Many things have happened since the first year that I remember stuff, which was 2004. A few relatives died. Dad has been driving trucks since 2007. And most of all, when I see Pokemon that have never been seen before.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • The fact that I work five days a week at a rubbish job makes me feel old. I always though that by this age I'd have my career started and be living completely alone, possibly with a girlfriend or a pet or something.

Instead I work as a labourer for the mean time and live with my best friend. He's kind of like a pet though, so I guess I can tick one thing off the list. But yeah all of the above makes me feel old.

Years
  • Walking on campus as a graduate student surrounded by the thousands of rambunctious and lively undergrads with an abundance of free time on their hands to enjoy life and flaunt their joy around me.

Not to mention, I feel like a crotchety old man living in an undergrad apartment complex. Even though I pull all nighters, like the rest of the complex, I have to actually do work :(

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    The fact that I work five days a week at a rubbish job makes me feel old. I always though that by this age I'd have my career started and be living completely alone, possibly with a girlfriend or a pet or something.

Instead I work as a labourer for the mean time and live with my best friend. He's kind of like a pet though, so I guess I can tick one thing off the list. But yeah all of the above makes me feel old.

I can fix one of these things

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    The fact that there are children on the Internet right now who are younger than the games that came out when I was in late elementary school that I really clicked with (Kingdom Hearts lol)

The fact that I haven't been in a high school setting in five years really boggles me too.

Back