• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will you name your character?

Years
  • Have you given any thought to what you'll be naming your player yet? Will it be your name, an original character's name, the protagonist's official name (once revealed), or something else?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'll probably end up using Fairy just so there's no confusion with online play, but if I do change it up it'll be something relevant to both myself and the irl equivalent of the region to be "in character".

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I usually just name them after the game, like in PokéSpe. Except Sinnoh, where I name them directly for their PokéSpe character - no matter which of my 5 Sinnoh games (DPPtBDSP) Lucas is Diamond, Barry is Pearl, and Dawn is Platinum (also in Arceus as I'm convinced its a sequel). So I'm currently playing as Sword (no prizes for guessing where), and given I tend to buy both I'll play as a guy - Scarlet - in his namesake (if there are clothing options to get closer to the Gerry Anderson show in colour that would be great) and Violet in Violet.

In my

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I always name my trainer Pala. That's not changing. I'll play as both the girl and guy, like I always do, although, don't judge me if I use he/him pronouns on the girl character in my head.

Years
  • Janna for me again! My real name and something I have really gotten used to over the years. ❤️ Sometimes I'm tempted to name my characters after my OC but it hasn't really happened yet.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2022
    I will be naming my character Intrepid for my first playthrough the game if I do more it'll likely differ

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I'll probably end up going with Izan, an OC of mine with Quaxly as his pattner. I've already drawn him after last trailer so once we have more trainer customization info it'll be interesting to see how his design changes. That will be for Violet, in Scarlett I'll probably play as a girl and I haven't any ideas for her name yet.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Yoshi... same name I've used since the early days in Japan.

Any rival of mine will now be named Kebuju.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I got this idea from one my favorite streamers: I have a list of characters that have different personalities and stories and playing a game, I can choose which one to impersonate. In general, during my first playthrough I always go basic, so I will do the same for this game, so I'll just name my character Angie. In the next games, I might actually switch to another of my characters.

Back