• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will your team be?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Hey everyone! Who's going to pick Shirodesuna (Sandcastle 'mon) for their team?? I certainly am. :o So that means Rowlett, Shirodesuna, and I'm not sure whether or not I was picking Drampa, but I'm kinda dropping him for another one. Hm. I do need a Water-type so Yowashi might be useful if it has decent base stats...

I don't know. I'd love to use him but I also have Mimikyu and Mudsdale on my list of potentials, so they're both in direct competition with the Sandcastle.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Right now I'll most likely be using:
    • Rowlet
    • Rockruff
    • Cutiefly
    • Togedemaru
    • Salandit
    • Pom-Pom Oricorio
    • Alola Sandshrew
    Not sure which one I'll get rid of but I love them all a lot haha. Probably Togedemaru because I've used the electric rodent variants faaaaaaaaar too much over my time playing Pokémon :p

So, out of curiosity (I kinda skimmed some of this thread, so I apologize if I missed it, somewhere), how many of you are planning on putting Alola Exeggutor in your team?
    gurl u obsessed

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • I'm definitely thinkin:

Rowlet
    Rotom Wash
    Rockruff (leaving it with howl on an island to evolve sounds absolutely adorable)
    Salandite (Fire/Poison Hype)
    A Dark type
    A Steel type

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I like the screaming sandcastle, but not so much that I'm gonna go out of my way to put it onto my team. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna use Flamenco Oricorio and then switch it to Sensu style when that option becomes available to me, so I unless there happens to be another Pumpkaboo-esque Ghost-Type I think I've got my Ghost-Type covered already.

As for Alola forms, I never use older Pokémon on my team when I'm playing the first new game of a generation (I didn't even use the Kanto starter or any Mega Evolutions in X). So unless there's an absolutely outstanding "love-at-first-sight" Alola form (for me), I doubt I'll use any.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    This is actually an interesting playthrough style. o.o Mind explaining why you don't use older Pokemon, normally? Is it for the, for lack of better words, "starting fresh" feeling in each new generation?

Yeah pretty much. Like, I feel if I use older Pokémon, I won't give the newer ones a chance. It's very easy to fall back on older ones you're used to instead of branching out. Like I remember in Pearl, I played with Rapidash on my team. Well, I didn't have much choice; I picked Piplup as my starter and there weren't a whole lot of Fire-Types available... But then in Platinum, I used Rapidash again. I do like Rapidash but seriously, I could have used Magmar and evolved it into Magmortar instead... I didn't like it much at first but after using it as my Egg hatcher in gen 5 it really grew on me. I can only imagine it would have made my Platinum playthrough even more unique and fun if I had used it back then. Or, even better, would have been to not use a Fire-Type at all and find a different Type of Pokémon to use and try to make my team balanced regardless. I would have had a fun challenge to work through and it could have given me a fun opportunity to use non-Fire-Types that still know Fire-Type moves, for example.

A similar thing happened to me with Emolga in Black. By using Emolga I really grew to love it when originally I didn't like it at all.

So instead of being like, "Oh cool Leavanny. I love Leavanny, I'm gonna use it!" I'd rather use a new Grass- or Bug-Type and give myself the chance to love it instead.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Lunaris and Alola Ninetales are definitely going on my team :) Maybe Drampa too. I still don't know what starter I'm going to pick, though. Litten is what I'm thinking of right now, but if the leaks are real I'm not sure what I'm gonna do LOL. Maybe Popplio.

edit: Forgot about Salandit! I really like it, and I hope it gets an evolution.

Adding Alola Raichu to this list :)
    Definitely using: Lurantis, Alola Ninetales, Alola Raichu
    Maybe: Drampa, Salandit, Shirodesuna

Haven't decided on starters yet. Holding out for Litten.

Years
  • With the reveal of another cute Grass-type in Morelull, I feel very conflicted over which Pokemon to take my Grass-type slot - Bounsweet, Morelull or Lurantis? It would come down to the evolutions before I make a final choice.

Alolan Raichu is now making my plans of using a 7th Gen-only team even harder, as if there have already been some Alola Forms winning me over.

Years
  • With the reveal of another cute Grass-type in Morelull, I feel very conflicted over which Pokemon to take my Grass-type slot - Bounsweet, Morelull or Lurantis? It would come down to the evolutions before I make a final choice.

Alolan Raichu is now making my plans of using a 7th Gen-only team even harder, as if there have already been some Alola Forms winning me over.

I know!!! At least a monotype grass team will be an easy choice. I can't wait to see bounsweet and morelull evolutions.

Actually, I am planning to so an alolan forme team on my second runthrough...and raichu and ninetails are definitely on board!

Sirfetch’d

Since I am getting both versions I now plan to use a team of gen 7 only Pokemon on one and a team of alolan forms on the other.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I may have to change my plans of using an all Alola Pokemon team in place of a couple of Alolan gen I Pokemon. I just really like the designs of Alolan Raichu & Alolan Marowak, enough to use them on my team.

Years
  • I have a feeling I'll have quite an unbalanced team, haha. My current favs would make a team with a great weakness to fire, poison and steel...

- Rowlet
    - Alolan Ninetales
    - Vikavolt
    - Cutiefly
    - Comfey
    - Morelull <3.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I'll make a tentative team for now.

My starter will be Litten. Nuff said.

For slot 2, I'll have a Water type, because I love that type and I'm sure Alola will have lots of water. Candidates include Wishiwashi, Pyukumuku, Bruxish, and Slowbro.

For slot 3, I'll have an Electric type, because this generation has introduced a lot of interesting options. Candidates include Vikavolt, Togedemaru, Tapu Koko, and Alola Raichu.

For slot 4, I'm considering either Mudsdale or Palossand. But if the Ground/Fighting gorilla leak becomes true, then that'll take the spot instead.

The last two slots are wildcards for now. Currently, I'm considering Pikipek, Mimikyu, Comfey, Lurantis, Morelull, Crabrawler, Sensu Oricorio, and Alola Sandslash.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • At this point, it's Popplio as starter and Bewear/Nuikoguma as far a cemented party spot. Seen a lot that I like, but not love as of yet. Still need to see the final evolved forms of few (namely Wimpod) before deciding. I'm leaning towards using the Alola Exeggutor though; it's design is just so out there I can't help but not like it.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Mudsdale and Litten are the only Pokémon I'm sure of. Maybe Alolan Ninetails, and if Alolan Persian is a thing then it might earn a place.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2019
    I already made a list in my head XD so much hype!

Litten
    Pikipeck (I have an undying love for national birds.)
    Rockruff
    Salandit
    Alolan Ninetales
    Alolan Raichu maybe???
    Lunala (obviously)

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • What will your team be?
    What will your team be?
    What will your team be?

Back