• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the oldest Pokémon game cartridge you own?

Years
  • Oldest one I have is Stadium for the N64. If we specifically mean handheld cartridges, I should still have my old Emerald and Leaf Green around somewhere. I had Sapphire before those but it died.

Years
  • Bought Blue on Amazon a long time ago dirt cheap. It's the oldest. Also bought Gold at a vintage game store last year with a fresh new battery and it still works. I also have the two Stadiums for N64. Emerald with a busted battery is somewhere in my mom's house, or my brother has it.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Oldest and far youngest days was Gold/Sliver never understand about pokemon at early age, cartridge stay to this day with me was Y (I doubt it still works even I don't own 3DS anymore

Years
  • i'm fairly certain that i have my silver cartridge somewhere... and i think i even have my old red cartridge too. @__@ surprised i still have them after all these years...

Years
  • In recent years I've wanted to complete my collection, so I've got Red and Blue, but my own oldest game is Yellow, got it 20 years ago for my birthday.

Years
  • Pokémon Fire Red and Leaf Green, they were my very first Pokémon games, they aren't the original cartridges I owned, I had lost those over the years, but like 8 or 9 years ago I purchased them again. I'm pretty sure they still work but I haven't checked because I don't have a charger for my Gameboy SP at the moment.

The oldest one I own that is my original copy is Pokémon Platinum, and yes it still works

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    A Sapphire cartridge that I bought a couple of years ago. Internal battery aside it's authentic and still perfectly playable. But if we're talking cartridges we've owned the longest, then it'd be my LeafGreen cartridge from 2004.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I still have a physical copy of Pokemon Crystal. I unfortunately no longer have the console, though when I did the saving didn't work, so I had to leave it on and keep it charging

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    The first Pokémon game I played was Ruby, I think - I didn't even know the start button was a thing, to save I had to go to the Pokecenter, try to trade and fail, lol.

The first I played in a console was Diamond ... but it was an R4 cartridge.

The first I played with an actual cartridge was Pokémon X, I got it on an event during world wide launch even!

Beheaded Cow

Banned
    Years
  • My favorite game cartridge Pokemon silver has been with me since 2005. I got it a bit late but it's been with me all the way. I used to have a Yanma I particularly liked but the internal battery died and I couldn't save the game anymore. I play 3ds VC Silver but now I train only Wobbuffets.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2022
    I've got a Crystal cartridge, which was my very first Pokémon game. I do have a Yellow as well—it came pre-owned so I don't know how old it is.

Back