• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the weakest Pokemon you'd bring to the Elite Four?

blondsie.

blond
Years
  • Is there a Pokemon you'd bring to the Elite Four just because its cute or has grown as your close buddy? I've been working hard with my Emolga literally just because I want a picture of him up there with the best のへの

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Probably Pikachu. Either did it in the past or will likely do so in the very near future. Only seems right to bring it along in Yellow.

Maybe Hitmontop in Crystal as an honorable mention? Learned no Fighting move stronger than Rock Smash until fighting Silver in postgame. Could also argue for Sunflora in the same playthrough. Brought both along as part of a challenge.

Brought some other Pokemon just to fill a slot too. Evidently put a level 25 Castform on the team for the first Elite Four clear of Sapphire. Never saw combat., however.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Whatever Pokemon I have laying around really.

I do a lot of challenges and more often than not I have to do stuff with weak Pokemon, so I guess the absolutely weakest Pokémon I ever brought was a Sunkern (and it beat them all by itself even).

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Probably Mawile (had Mawile once in Omega Ruby but it was Mega so it doesn't count)

Mawile is one of my favorite Gen 3 Pokémon and designs all-around, and it can actually remain helpful for longer than it seems. Even if its stats are awful for the late game, it has a great typing, can Intimidate, and Stockpile + Baton Pass is a nice combo (even better if you can get Power-Up Punch as egg move)

Weakest Pokémon I actually brought all the way to the Elite Four was Beautifly in Shining Pearl (just judging by stats, but of course there's more than that), and the Pikachu in original Yellow because there was no choice.

Quagsire, Azumarill, and Bibarel also gave me very good results in different playthroughs despite their underwelming stats.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Spinda in Sun.
    It was a themed run, but compared to the others on that team it just under-performed.
    I don't think I even used it other than against Acerola for the ghost immunity.

Pretty much kept it on my team just because I like the goofy thing.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I'd say Butterfree is probably the weakest one that I've ever used period, let alone against the Elite Four, but Butterfree is just so good regardless.

blondsie.

blond
    Years
  • Spinda in Sun.
    It was a themed run, but compared to the others on that team it just under-performed.
    I don't think I even used it other than against Acerola for the ghost immunity.

Pretty much kept it on my team just because I like the goofy thing.

A Spinda sweep I have never heard of, big props!

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Charjabug, simply because it's my most favorite Pokémon. I used an Eviolite on it though, so that might be cheating.

During my B2W2 postgame playthrough, I realized just how bad Castform, Lunatone, and Tropius were as well (as much as I love them). Castform's stats were awful and its one gimmick wasn't the safest to play with, Lunatone's typing and movepool made me wonder what I was supposed to do with the dang thing at one point (Rock Polish, Calm Mind, Shadow Ball, and Earth Power did the job, at least), and Tropius's speed and Solar Power made it a bit of a liability.

I tried making Seviper work in Scarlet's Victory Road storyline as part of a mono-Poison run... It sorta pulled its weight, and even landed the finishing blow in the final battle of the story, but during the Elite Four it was mostly a liability if it couldn't set up a Coil or two.

Years
  • God, so many. I love cute stuff. I've solo'd the E4 with just Shuckle in Crystal before and have also brought Pikachu, first form starters, Clefairy, Emolga, and even Pichu in certain runs. Pichu was especially tough but fun anyway. :D

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • I used Yamper all through Shield! No regrets. :3
    My entire team in Let's Go Eevee was unevolved save for Ditto (which in itself could count - out of all the Pokemon in this post, Ditto was the most huh, this is really difficult to use), most of them were cross-gen evolutions so still pretty usable in a Kanto game, but I also used Doduo and Voltorb because I don't like their evolutions.
    Other unevolved Pokemon on my final teams include Togetic, Vulpix & Haunter in SoulSilver way back in the day (never got any Fire/Shiny stones before postgame, and just don't do trade evolutions lol), and Skitty & Cosplay Pikachu in Omega Ruby (...honestly, I don't even remember why I didn't evolve Skitty; I guess I just never found the Moon Stone??). And if you extended this answer to evolved Pokemon, all bets are off; I couldn't even tell you how many route 1 birds/bugs/rodents etc. I've made into champions.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I remember I had Pachirisu and Graveler on my in game team in Diamond when I was a kid. And yes, they were on the team when I beat the elite 4. I'm sure I had the Pachirisu because it was cute but I have no idea why I had the Graveler.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    In Pokémon Red, the first ever version I played with, I did bring Fearow all the way up to the Elite Four. Remember that Fearow is completely outclassed by both Pidgeot and Dodrio.
    I have to say however that its drill peck was quite useful as a move.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    In Pokémon Red, the first ever version I played with, I did bring Fearow all the way up to the Elite Four. Remember that Fearow is completely outclassed by both Pidgeot and Dodrio.

By Dodrio, but Fearow actually outclassed Pidgeot back then. It had higher Attack and Speed, and Drill Peck vs Pidgeot's Wing Attack. Even Fly was still inferior to Drill Peck.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Corveone said:
    By Dodrio, but Fearow actually outclassed Pidgeot back then. It had higher Attack and Speed, and Drill Peck vs Pidgeot's Wing Attack. Even Fly was still inferior to Drill Peck.
    By a pure attack point of view, yes, maybe. However the real issue with Fearow was the fairly weak special stat, fault which caused the bird to faint quite often. Pidgeot on the other hand is a bit tougher.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Is there a Pokemon you'd bring to the Elite Four just because its cute or has grown as your close buddy? I've been working hard with my Emolga literally just because I want a picture of him up there with the best のへの

I know that I said Butterfree before, but how exactly do you define a weak Pokémon? Do you go by stats, lower stage evolutions, or anything in particular?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Honestly, if I had fivesuper strong Pokemon then I would bring any Pokemon just for the fun of it. Strategically, I would bring a Pokemon that was super tanky even if it got KO'd in two or three moves I could still use that to revive or heal other Pokemon on my team.

Back