• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Where are you in the game now?

Years
  • I've now finished up with Byron and defeated 2/3 of the Commanders post-bombing. I've taken a bit of a side trip to Iron Island (and left off part way through it) before heading towards Acuity and Snowpoint though.

JDragon921

THE gen 4 guy. or not. idk.
    Years
  • Beat the game on both versions and opened up new profiles to try new teams using the other 2 starters, Piplup and Turtwig. The Turtwig run hasn't started, but I just beat Mars in Valley Windworks on the Piplup run.

Didn't know how powerful the water gun of a Prinplup can be. I have to solo the game until Eterna Forest and the Grand Underground because of the team I had planned, but Prinplup is so good that it's going surprisingly well.

Years
  • Went up to the elite four so I could fly back, then went into the underground to explore areas I hadn't been yet and do some mining. lots and lots of mining.
    Got all the fossil mons now =D
    Gonna train all the fossil mons to evolve and then backtrack for areas that require Waterfall.

JDragon921

THE gen 4 guy. or not. idk.
    Years
  • After a bunch of underground catching and thinking, I got what seems to be the team for Piplup.

Before Gardenia, I went into the underground and caught Togepi, Misdreavus, Croagunk, and Chingling(aboveground).
    The team during the battle became:
    Prinplup, Togepi, Misdreavus, Croagunk, and still Chingling. I wanted to run around in circles for like an hour to get enough happiness to evolve and all that stuff, but I didn't find it worth my time. I was able to actually take down Gardenia first try using some charm and yawn strats(really? they made Roserade mostly physical?). Only 2 of my mons fainted, with them being Misdreavus and Togepi, I believe. Could've stopped Togepi from fainting, but it is what it is. Probably could've had no faints if I thought about it more, but I had fun. That was my first time fighting Gardenia with anything other than a coked-up Monferno rolling around with Flame Wheel, so it was nice to have to think.

I caught as many underground mons as I can to get acceptable IVs (and egg moves since the underground gives those) on my team.
    My final Piplup team's gonna be:
    Empoleon, Togekiss, Mismagius, Toxicroak, Chimecho(I guess? lul), and Mamoswine.
    I think I have enough speed so I'll hold off on using Weavile, because that's what I took with me on my 2nd Chimchar run. I've already used Mamoswine before I got Sneasel on that run so I might get Abomasnow if I don't care about hail damage.

Decided to take the tryhard route and grind a Ralts up to lv 30 so it's a Gardevoir, who gets Wish at lv 28. When I get to Pastoria City, I can relearn Wish and then breed Male Garde with my female Chimecho so it has Wish. I'll have 1 cleric and then I can make the eventual Togekiss learn Wish at a later level in case I need it. I kinda really like my team as it is right now, so I may not do it... But I already grinded that Ralts to lv 30 so I might have to so I don't tell myself that I wasted an hour throwing leaves at Gastrodons. Having a blast though.

Years
  • Beat the E4 and Cynthia a couple nights ago... I was level 63 on all my mons going in, resulting in me being overleveled for the E4, but compared to Cynthia's highest level mon I ended up being underleveled.
    Such a whack level curve here. Anyway, from the E4 the only challenge was Lucian's Alakazam which KO'd two of my mons before I knocked it out.
    As for Cynthia... dear god what a stall fast. That Milotic and Gastrodon are just ewww.... That Gastrodon is dangerous because she'll switch it in if you use a water move twice in a row.
    Lucario got dealth with in two hits by my Mismagius before it could do anything. Spiritomb is just a nuisance rather than a threat. And once Garchomp ran out of earthquakes I Ice beamed it's face gone.
    Apparently there was a Roserade on her team too, but I don't even remember it rofl

Anyway now I'm mainly just doing swarm mons and the Daily Trophy garden mon atm

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I'm at the e4, and let me tell you, this is honestly the most difficult Elite Four I've ever faced. I'm an adult, and I'm struggling at this! I wasn't expecting it to be this difficult, I'm screaming.

Years
  • I'm at the e4, and let me tell you, this is honestly the most difficult Elite Four I've ever faced. I'm an adult, and I'm struggling at this! I wasn't expecting it to be this difficult, I'm screaming.

I went in expecting to breeze through it all except maybe Cynthia. Turns out they've upped the difficult and improved the AI lmao. I had to work through the League. Especially Cynthia, god damn.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Right now I'm in the postgame. When I first played DPPT, I always wanted to achieve the black trainer card. So it might take forever but I'd like to achieve it in BDSP. I'm having a lot of fun in the underground farming statue variants + mysterious shards. I've also gone on a catching spree for Pokemon I need to fill in my Pokedex, I've almost caught and evolved most of the Sinnoh ones. I've also been slowly working through gym leader rematches.

After that... I'll probably be working on IV breeding + EV training a postgame team before taking on the Battle Tower and E4/Champion rematches. Been having a lot of fun with the postgame :D

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Due to work, taking my time exploring the underground, and waiting for a new set of JoyCons, I am only at the 3rd gym xD. I've sunk over 40 hours in and normally would have finished a Pokemon Game 2xs over yet here I am lol.

Years
  • Got Ditto now so I'm going around catching stuff and breeding them for a living dex.
    Spent several hours in the Grand Underground getting all the Grass and Fire starters too. Still need to find 2 water starters (Totodile and Mudkip), but got bored with it xD

Years
  • I've completed the game on Shining Pearl, fully competitive-ready.

Started up Brilliant Diamond and for whatever reason, decided to EV train my first few 'mon before taking on the story. I guess so I'll have an easier time when I reach the Battle Tower? But I don't know.
    So my Empoleon, Staraptor, Luxray, Gyarados, Bibarel and Pachirisu are all fully EV trained. It took literally 20-odd hours. I got my 3rd badge last night.

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Trying to do shiny hunt with pokemon radar. After a chain of 53 and 10,000 steps of resetting, I still got no shiny pachi :(. I think I am done with BDSPfor now and will be back to breeding in sword and shield

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 28, 2022
    I'm at the Hearthome City Gym (#5) about to battle Fantina. I'm still working my way through the story, despite being more than 20 hours in. Hunting for items and rare spawns in the Grand Underground sucked up way too much of my time.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Just beat Cynthia mere moments ago. I had to use Full Restores, you know the "pay to win" method because I was tired of losing, tbh.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    In the battle tower... forever. At level 10, I win 5 or 6 (just 1 or 2 away from the battle tycoon) and end up losing, dropping back to level 9. Wash, rinse, repeat. But the disappointing part is how I lose. I either get hit with 3 sheer cold moves in a row or a bright powder Gengar makes me not get one hit (miss my earthquake and psychic moves) while it gets 3 hypnosis in a row and slowly faint my mons. And I usually move first against Gengar with scarf, etc.

Back