• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where Do Polar Bears Live?

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years

x x My First Post x x

Blaze121 | ~Enu~ | Achamo | Achamo-chan | Acha | Tacharine | Tachaccoon | ¿Question Kiyoshi-Crayon?
    ωΣάτλξяΜäη, Kiyoshi | Weatherman, Kiyoshi ~> Kiyoshi the Polar Bear

so im the guy who abuses the strikeout code

A few days after my tenth birthday back in 2005, I stumbled upon some Pokemon sprites in a Google Image search. It linked me back to this forum; I somehow found my way to the Daily Chit Chat and ... caused havoc, since I had no idea how to properly be a human; let alone how to use the internet.

I spent my early years in the Art Gallery, where I was an amateur spriter and comic maker. It was a big genre around here back when, and I found a lot of acceptance. The comics, in retrospect, were probably pretty mundane and ridiculous when you got down to it, but it was some of the most fun I had at PC and I made a lot of friends that stick in the back of my head. I suppose that covers the majority of what I did until I left around the summer after my freshman year of High School.

I came back in 2011 during a time when usernames couldn't be changed at all. There were some things about my old profile I wanted to leave behind anyway, so I just remade my account. I eventually stuck to the Roleplay Corner, participating in tons of wonderful roleplays that are way more memorable than my older years. They had a tendency to die before they finished, but, it was thrilling to become part of the section. Eventually, I began to have long bouts of absence from the forum again as High School was ending and life was catching up to me, so ... I disappeared for another period of time.

I am now becoming a junior in college, where I study acting as a profession though I think I'm going to end up being a playwright. I came back a third time because it's fun here, and I'm really starting to enjoy Pokemon Trivia, The Playground, and the Underground. But some personal trivia about me is: I'm from the East Coast of the States and I'm still handy with spriting - nothing too crazy - and I usually like working with Generation II and III stuff. My favorite region is Johto and my favorite Pokemon is Typhlosion followed by Galvantula and Abomasnow. I'm a Libra, ENFP, Agnostic, Queer, and I like to cut my sandwiches diagonally.

Now, what would you like to know?

Last edited:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    If you were forced to change your username, what would your new one be?

What genres of plays are you into? Favourite play that you have studied?

What do you think of pizza?

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Oh another actor on PC, awesome! I've been working out of Chicago but I'm planning to jump to L.A. in the future.

Okay, my question for you: Do you envision yourself working with theater or film? And why?

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    If you were forced to change your username, what would your new one be?

Something along the lines of "PKMNCollector Elwood," or some variant off of that. In fact, that would be my name now if I hadn't missed the last name change thread. XC;

I don't think the forum would be able to do the tiny letters, though. We'll have to see when the next change thread swings around! Though, ever since coming back and seeing people refer to me casually and comfortably as Kiyo, my username is starting to re-grow on me ... although, I feel like "The Polar Bear" bit has to go. :/​
    What genres of plays are you into?

I've always preferred darker themes in any kind of literature, whether it's serious and frightening or cartoony and played for laughs. I'm pretty into existentialism and love plot twists in general (within reason) and I mainly follow absurdist philosophies. Mind the word philosophies, because though I like some underlying messages I usually dislike absurdist plays - but I think that's mainly the fault of the writers who're trying to be absurd or nonsensical to just be "weird."

That said, I have a huge place in my heart for circa 1930's, 40's, and 50's american plays. I love that era in general because I find it so interesting - they way they dress and the subtle nuances of language. George S. Kaufman is a favorite.​
    Favourite play that you have studied?

Harvey by Mary Chase. I actually explained why in a recent post of mine, so I'll just leave a link for anyone interested in the reasons: click here.​
    What do you think of pizza?

Buffalo chicken and blue cheese sauce, please.

salivation

I love the taste of pizza, though I can't have too-too much of it since I'm pretty lactose-intolerant. I actually found a pizza place I can't eat at because the way they mix their cheeses together triggers a reaction. Nothing serious, though! It's like any run-of-the-mill up-to-a-week sickness. Still sucks, though. But yeah, pizza's an amazing thing.​

What is single best memory about PC?

Haha, depends on the "era" of activity. Back in my spriting days, I hosted a comic called Pokemon Weird. The days when that was being run, and the days after when me and my friend BurstX would hypothesize about how to make the remake even more awesome.

In my roleplaying days, I have to say ... when I played my first real game, where I was this guy named Valentine who was at this summer camp for bad eggs. Me and another player, Arcaray, constantly had our characters butt heads. They were quite the pair. :3

Those, and being friends with Skymin and running Hydroxylapatite Version - a Johto RP if mine - that's pretty fond in my mind too.​
    If you had to make a new sub-forum on PC, what would it be and why?

I would totally love to revitalize the Sprite Comics sub-forum, but that's not coming back anytime soon. Besides, a lot of sprite authors don't know how to tell their ass from their graphics and keyboard.

Oh - wait - I know - spooky stuff. Horror junkies. SCP Foundation fans. Internet urban legends. Creepy mythology and creatures. Creepypasta. Yes.
    Oh another actor on PC, awesome! I've been working out of Chicago but I'm planning to jump to L.A. in the future.

Sexy. ;3

please dont question what i just did i don't even know

Nice! I'll probably be working out of New York or somewhere in the northeastern area of the US, since I grew up around there and I have family I want to stick close to - besides, there's lots of work here. It's all about whether I'm good enough to get it or not but let a boy dream please.
    Okay, my question for you: Do you envision yourself working with theater or film? And why?

I'm gonna say theatre here, because I haven't had much experience with the camera and I've often liked plays more than movies ... unless the director and writer of said movie have seized the art of the screen in a way that really speaks to me - and even then, I find out most films I really enjoyed started out as books or plays. So go figure. I like the stage!​
    Well Kiyoshi, here's my barrage of questions for you.

oh god
    What's your favorite kind of jam?

My parents have been getting these jars of Red Raspberry from this local restaurant - hmmmmmmmmm.​
    Are cell-phones evil?

Only when they run out of battery or while in an area without service.

I turned my data on, you should be working. Don't you ignore me.
    What actor do you think you most resemble?

I've gotten Jim Carrey and Nathan Fillion before. If that counts.​
    What would you do if someone gave you a sandwich cut into rectangles?

y u do dis tis iz su un-nez-ez-air-ee ;;​
    What about Typhlosion do you like the most?

It's a giant beast thing that can easily look either cute or badass.

It's this weird mixture of a rat, shrew, and porcupine ... thing.

And it's on fire.

Everything about it is perfect.​
    You've been given the ability to time travel twice, to one time in the past or future, and once back in the present. What do you do?

I'd seek out spiritual advice and advisement to find out who I was in a past life and go visit my "former self." Otherwise, I'd just go back and meet my parents when they were my age.​
    How has your Mafia experience been so far?

Excellent. I had previously been playing a variant called One Night Ultimate Werewolf, a sort of card game, with my college friends and loving it. So, finding a mafia community on here has been amazing and I think it's full of awesome people.​
    Is this sentence false?

Yes, and don't you go telling me otherwise, damnit.
    You open the door and find a real live Typhlosion standing outside, on your doorstep. What do you do?

"God is real."

AW LOOK AT HIS CUTE WIDDLE FACE COME HERE AND DONT BURN OFF MY SKIN PLEASE
    I think that covers it for now, but I may return to provide another set of questions. Or answers, I do reverse questioning too.

I'm counting the moments.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
    Aside from Polar Bears do you like other bears like Brown Bear or Black bear?

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    I'm back! This time, I'll see what you do with answers.
    ALRIGHT LET'S DO THIS GRAAAAAHHHH

What Pokemon do you want a plushie of the most?​
    Typhlosion.
    Will you ever find true love?​
    Not in a million light years!
    cries

How do you feel about the sun being in your eyes?​
    The bane of my existence.
    How many times have you said the phrase "I'm embarassed" sarcastically today?​
    Do you think you're ready for adulthood?​
    I find that question impossible to answer.
    What are you most glad you got into during any of your times on PC?​
    Definitely Mafia.
    Are you useful to society?​
    Wait, what?
    What would someone find in your hands right after you've fallen asleep?​
    Two bottles of whiskey and an ice cream cone.
    Describe your sex life.​
    Broken windows and broken dreams.

Given your username, do you like polar bears?
    I do, I do, haha. The extension in my name came from a nickname I almost had in high school at the time I made this account.​

What is your favorite insect?
    Galvantula.

Um ... I love the way some moths look, but I've always been a fan of Cicadas. :)​

Aside from Polar Bears do you like other bears like Brown Bear or Black bear?
    I like all kinds of bears!

especially the ones you can pick up from a gay bar.

Do you like chickens? :3
    I really like imagining how they evolved from Raptors, apparently. :3

They're really funny to watch.​

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    1) Do you believe that Chaos is an expression of free will and Order is an expression of control?

2) Who would you join under?

Team Order - the followers of the based "God" or Team Chaos - the followers of Lucifer? or be in the Neutral party

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    Ever used a Beartic on your team? If so, what results did you get from it?

In my first runthrough of Black Version, a Beartic was a staple on my team. :)

He was a pretty handy Ice-Type, though I think I only got one because I thought it's huge "crotch hawk" was hilarious. I was in high school okay.

Do you believe that Chaos is an expression of free will and Order is an expression of control?
    I am a goat; goats don't have such moral dilemmas.

I'm pretty big on the whole "Anarchy is a pretty stupid idea" concept, so, no? I don't think the world should live under a rigid mindset and not let anything get unruly, but order is something that separates us from purely instinctual animals. Thinking in the proposed perspective definitely forgets the horrific consequences of Chaos while painting Order is an oppressive light.

Chaos and Order are both necessary concepts and both exist to the benefit and detriment of human society, one is not more unneeded than the other.

2) Who would you join under?

Team Order - the followers of the based "God" or Team Chaos - the followers of Lucifer? or be in the Neutral party
    I AM A PSYDUCKING GOAT WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND

Team Order. I like the concept of God, and their costumes are much more my style anyway.​

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    Kiyoshi you're an actor I KNEW IT.

You're famous. AM I correct?

What is your favourite section on PC?

Who are your favourite Underground players?

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    You're famous. AM I correct?
    Look I'm not in any competitive Pokemon battling videos.

And I've never drawn my character on DeviantArt as you claim.

But maybe I will be.

Where Do Polar Bears Live?

What is your favourite section on PC?
    The Underground, of course!

Though I'm trying to get more active in the World threads and maybe rekindle my love for the Pokemon Trivia forum. But my true long lost love is the Roleplay Theatre.​
    Who are your favourite Underground players?
    I love them all, of course.

Bard's tendency to give random percentages and role reveal early on, Deceptio's and your's Ace Attorney skits, Bidoof's Bae-ness ... You're all great. Klippy is someone I hold in esteem since he gave me my first proper and awesome mafia game in Song of Ice And Fire, so for brownie points I'll say him. :)​

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    'Sup bae

do you want to get murried

Do you watch movies often? Do you have a favorite movie?

If you could co-star with any actor/actress in a rated R Romantic Comedy, who would you choose?

If you could star in any musical, which musical would you choose? This is assuming that even if you normally wouldn't fit as the role, you would somehow be perfect for that role. (idk if that makes sense)

Which voice type are you? Countertenor, Tenor, Baritone, or Bass? Do you ever wish you were a different voice type? If so, why?

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Have you ever considered getting into drag?

What's the most boring play you've ever experienced?

Most cringeworthy post/VM ever made on PC?

If you had the power to erase a PC member from existence instantly and right now, who would you choose and why?

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    1-So,Where do polar bears live?
    I personally live in the United States, but you shouldn't generalize based on little ol' me.​

2-What they like to eat?
    I really like blueberries. :3​

3-If you turn into a bear with all his fur trimmed what will you do?
    I'm still fat so I guess cry in a corner like I usually do.

Do you have any acting plans or aspirations? Maybe you want to star in a movie or a TV show?
    Mainly my dreams involve writing a series of young adult novels or intriguing plays. XD;

I've recently gotten fond of the idea of going to grad school for Playwriting ... but I assume the first couple of steps I'll take after college is trying out for professional theatres. My biggest aspiration as of right now is to make a name for myself ... everyone would love to be on Broadway, of course, but being in voice acting would be absolutely amazing!

Oh, and landing my dream role of Roger DeBris in The Producers would actually make me cry forever.​

'Sup bae

do you want to get murried
    Let's have a June wedding. <3​

Do you watch movies often? Do you have a favorite movie?
    Not as often as I should; I usually shirk off movies because my dad rents the silliest of action movies. But I find I really enjoy thoughtful or weird ones.

My favorite movie of all time is The Producers (2005), but James And The Giant Peach was the movie, as a kid, I used to watch on repeat for years.​

If you could co-star with any actor/actress in a rated R Romantic Comedy, who would you choose?
    u bb <3

But if we're talking celebrities ... then Young Marlon Brando. Sweet Jesus Young Marlon Brando.

makes uncomfortable slurping noises

If you could star in any musical, which musical would you choose? This is assuming that even if you normally wouldn't fit as the role, you would somehow be perfect for that role. (idk if that makes sense)

Look at above answers for my dream role. But I'd also love to do Heathers as either jock or Ram's Dad.

My "never-gonna-happen-ever" dream role is Gary Coleman in Avenue Q. Alas, I am not an amazingly talented black woman, so that's never gonna happen. :/​

Which voice type are you? Countertenor, Tenor, Baritone, or Bass? Do you ever wish you were a different voice type? If so, why?
    I usually sing tenor as a rule, but I suppose my voice is actually somewhere in the Baritone range.

I sometimes wish I was a graceful bass because everyone and their half-brother's dog decides they're a tenor by the time they get to college, and that'd get me more jobs. Besides, Scar in the Lion King is a bass part and I totally want to sing "Be Prepared."​

Have you ever considered getting into drag?
    Meh, not my thing. I'm secure in my gender identity; it just makes me uncomfortable being in women's clothes. It's not who I am.

I already fail as a boy i cant imagine what chaos would come from me as a woman
    What's the most boring play you've ever experienced?
    There's often an adage tossed around that any half-decent play can be made great with the right actors, and the opposite is true -- any amazing play can be ruined by terrible actors.

I get bored when I hear perfectly usable text mishandled by some half-baked actor.​

Most cringeworthy post/VM ever made on PC?
    I advise you to peruse my old account's posts anywhere from 2005 to 2010.

They're all annoying, and I honestly can't decide which ones are the most embarrassing.​

If you had the power to erase a PC member from existence instantly and right now, who would you choose and why?
    Nobody I actively know, since there hasn't been anyone I particularly disliked ...

I'm going to settle on ... he has a different username now, but I knew this guy XxscytherxX, and there was this thread called "Are you For or Against Gay Marriage?" and he was an absolute asshole about the whole subject. Mind you that thread was back in 2007 when we both were kids, so I'm sure he's a completely different person now as I am too. But the memory of that thread has very much stuck with me.

Other than that? Maybe that guy I don't care enough about to go look up a username that told that kid -- who I was helping in the "solve my problems" thread a couple years ago concerning sexuality -- that his homosexuality was a sin. Yeah, screw you guy, that's not how you help someone.

Douchebag.

also bardothren

if i held a polar bear captive what would you do?
    are you going to feed me dinner at least

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Kiyoshi!

What's your favorite afternoon snack?

Is there anywhere you'd always wanted to travel to? (Country? State? Famous landmark? etc)

How much has PC changed over the years since you first joined back in 2005?

Back