• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Internet Browser are you using?

What browser do you use?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • Firefox

Votes: 101 51.3%
  • Chrome

Votes: 56 28.4%
  • Safari

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Opera

Votes: 18 9.1%
  • Flock

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Opera. It's fast, aesthetically pleasing, has speed dial built in to it. If it sorted out it's compatibility problems it would be the perfect browser.

Years
  • FF takes a while to load, but it isn't as much as IE, and pretty much every other software in my computer...

Uh, no it takes a lot longer than IE8 on my computer. IE8 pops up in about half a second, whereas Firefox takes at least 2 from a cold start. Chrome is crazy, at about 0.25 seconds.

I'll edit with Safari, since I'm posting in it, but it won't be a cold start.

EDIT: Safari takes around 0.75 sec. That said, it didn't open any extra tabs on start, like Firefox and Chrome.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I use Chrome.

It doesn't load fast...(30secs minimum).

But I know if I can manage to get a new Xbox as a joint christmas present with my brother, then I'm asking for a better laptop, so it'll load in about 2 seconds.

- Sims3 slows down a computer incredibly....as does extra software needed for damn Brother wireless printer.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • Internet Explorer 8.0. It seems to work reasonably well...

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Currently dependent on Chrome. Love the simplistic feel to it and how stable it runs.

I've said this tons of times now, but if I see Firefox 4 getting rave reviews, I'll probably download it. So far though, people seem pretty indifferent with it.

Curiosity got the better of me and I downloaded the beta. Its boot time is pretty slow in comparison to Chrome, barely any add-ons are compatible with it and it's different.

At the same time, people seem to have a problem with the way the tabs are on top of the URL bar. I think it gives it a futuristic look. It nearly reminds me of Safari. It loads pretty fast too.

All in all, I think it's an okay browser, but I suggest waiting for the actual version and not the beta.

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Years
  • Firefox. I love it's customizability and how much faster it is than Winblows IE.
    I just wish my family would use Firefox, because when the computer tries to download anything, it asks me if it's ok, so it's harder for a virus to get through.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Firefox. I've used it for a couple years now, I have so many add-ons now that I'll never switch, it'd just be too much of a nuisance to try and find similar ones on another browser. I use Safari as back-up, I don't really get what people have against it on windows, it's always been fine on mine.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Im using firefox :D I love using the persona's :) and its a great browser!!

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I use firefox internet browser.I ended up hating internet explorer once it was updated to Version 7.

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    Probably the first one who uses Flock here (according to the poll). xD It's very similar to FF, but I kind of like it better. Simple and fast. Been using it for 2 years or more now.

Zukdeen

Come follow me.
    Years
  • I check every new major release of the browsers, but my favorite since last year is Opera. I test every alpha/beta/RC they release.

Right now I'm using Opera 10.60 but right now I'm getting the new Dev release.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2011
    Some times before I use the Mozilla Fire Fox...But when I start to use Google chrome I got amaze. It's really fast more than Fire fox so I change to Google chrome as my default browser. I really am enjoying using this.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2010
    I use Chrome, I'm really comfortable with it.
    Sometimes it can behave like a total butt, but with a few tweaks it runs really really good...

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Chrome. I like the bigger screen space. Also, I found a StumbleUpon app, and a filler text generator! \o/

I just downloaded the new beta- It's working well so far. For some reason the old version kept giving me Unknown Error messages whenever I tried to do anything.

Back