• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokémon game do you 'miss'?

Years
  • Lately I've been thinking about how I miss the times when ORAS were new. When everyone was playing and excitedly sharing secret bases, and building their own. The hype surrounding a Hoenn remake was just so exciting to me as someone who adored RSE, and I spent hundreds of hours immersing myself in the world and discussing with people. The later games were amazing in their own right, but there was something about gen VI (and BW) that just made me so happy to be a part of when hype was going strong...

What about you guys? Any older games you miss when they were new and tons of people played?

Years
  • I missed playing the Red, Blue, and Yellow Version games in School with all the other students who played and we would always battle each other. When the Gen 2 Pokemon games got released, some of the students did not play Pokemon anymore and others moved to the Yu-Gi-Oh trading card game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I miss all of them tbh except gen 7 though the hype before SM was enough to get me back into it. IRL I find myself the only person I know who still loves and plays pokemon with each generation except USUM which I'm skipping. Everyone else has moved on it seems, only jumping back in when fads like Pokemon GO came around

Guest123_x1

I really miss the days when Yellow and then Gold and Silver were new and had tons of hype surrounding them (and the franchise itself was immersed in hype since it was in its early years). I regularly bought gaming magazines that covered topics pertaining to the Pokémon series, and the many facets of it.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • I miss FRLG. I have no way to play them physically, and emulating it just isn't the same. I desperately wish that gamefreak would put gen 3 games on the eshop. I want to play them on a handheld again. :(

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • I miss the PMD games, with the constant string of new releases/versions of PMD was p exciting from being a nice refresher from the og Pokémon format

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I miss the Gen III days because I spent days outside with my friends battling, trading, and discovering all the secrets in the game. Doing the braille together definitely made it more fun.

I miss Gen IV because I loved the WFC and made utmost use of it. I have over 300 hours of gameplay on Diamond and so much of that was put into the GTS and Battle Tower Link Battles. I still played a lot with my RL friends but I just had so, so much fun with the Wifi service.

But more than that, I miss Gen V because I missed out on the fun. I lost my DS before the European release of BW in Europe, and by the time I finished it two years had already past. Gen VI was already in existence when I finished Black 2. By the time I acquired a DS again the WFC was shut down, so all the Wifi functions I was hyped up for in 2011 were lost before I could use them. I still feel bummed about that and wish Nintendo would revive the WFC or some of the services in some way. :/

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    RBY and GSC. The franchise was at the peak of its popularity, competitive battling didn't exist outside of small (and easily avoidable) internet circles, the games had yet to introduce "save the world" plots, and god Pokémon didn't exist yet, nor did Mega Evolutions, Z-Moves, and Ultra Beasts. Regional variants only existed in the Orange Islands anime.

If I could send the franchise back to 2002, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Heck, even 2005 or 2006 would suffice. The current 3DS Era hasn't done anything but kill my enthusiasm for the franchise.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I would say the time when we played battle revolution with my friends and hacked Pokemon. They seems legit (right moves, ability, stats, etc) nd we only played with each others and not online, so we kinda made our little Pokemon stadium 3?

But also, XY. SO many of my friends played, and it brings me to this Forum. I remember when my friend and I got up at 5 am, to be at the store at 6, and have an early hours release. Then we came home and played all day. I did so many trades, completed the Pokedex, started breeding and practiced my skills. It was some good time.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
  • I miss FRLG. I have no way to play them physically, and emulating it just isn't the same. I desperately wish that gamefreak would put gen 3 games on the eshop. I want to play them on a handheld again. :(

you could try checking around places like /r/gamecollecting, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

I wish I could go back in time to early Gen I days tbh. Mainly for collecting, but also being able to just play with kids who had no idea what they were doing when it came to Pokémon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I remember being so hyped for HeartGold and SoulSilver, and those were probably some of my favorite pre-release memories of a game, Pokemon or otherwise. To a lesser extent, I also miss B2/W2, because by the time I actually started getting into the online features, they shut down the online servers. I know that Nintendo wanted to focus their attention on the 3DS, but it was a shame that the B2/W2 servers were barely up for a year post launch.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

• Replying twice in a span of about two weeks ;D. Anyways, I miss the Generation 1/2 days when the game was arguably at the peak of its popularity. I still own Generation 1(Yellow) but no one plays the classics anymore(likely a hint I should join Generation 7 already).

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I miss when Pokemon Go was new and hot lol. After that first summer it really died fast, but for a while it was super cute and everyone was out having fun
    This for sure! I'm still a huge GO player myself but I do really miss when it was still all new and shiny and special. It was such a cool community in the past and wherever you went you'd see people playing, whereas now it's just me and my boyfriend walking along with phones in hand whilst trying to hide them from anyone who could see. :D

Back