• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokemon do you have a personal grievance with?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Rufflet / Braviary. Because they don't even appear in Black / Black 2, meaning I can't get that shiny Haxorus which is just so much cooler looking than the normal version (unlike some shinies - whilst shiny Latias is amazing, I'm not a fan of shiny Latios, for example).
    Also Golbat somewhat, as I recall it ruining my experience in a couple of the Sinnoh caves with a Mean Look + Confuse Ray combo. I think I was EV-training and accidentally wandered into a part with higher-level Pokémon and was forced to defeat it, messing up the training.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Rufflet / Braviary. Because they don't even appear in Black / Black 2, meaning I can't get that shiny Haxorus which is just so much cooler looking than the normal version (unlike some shinies - whilst shiny Latias is amazing, I'm not a fan of shiny Latios, for example).
    Also Golbat somewhat, as I recall it ruining my experience in a couple of the Sinnoh caves with a Mean Look + Confuse Ray combo. I think I was EV-training and accidentally wandered into a part with higher-level Pokémon and was forced to defeat it, messing up the training.
    How does not being able to get a Rufflet or a Braviary prevent you from getting a shiny Haxorus?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    How does not being able to get a Rufflet or a Braviary prevent you from getting a shiny Haxorus?
    If you see every Pokémon in the expanded Unova Pokédex you get access to a special area - Nature Preserve, I think its called - and in the centre there is a shiny Haxorus. Its a guaranteed shiny, like the Red Gyarados in Johto, except in this case you can't get it without trading in spite of the fact you only need to see all the Pokémon, rather than capture them.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2021
    Unpopular opinion here, but I can't stand Gardevoir. Everyone seems to love it, and I get that the typing is useful, and it's graceful/elegant or whatever, but it's talked about all the time, used all the time, on everyone's team, and I'm look at it and am like "am I missing something?" I just don't get it. So it's over-exposure and the amount it gets talked about drives me up the wall.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Unpopular opinion here, but I can't stand Gardevoir. Everyone seems to love it, and I get that the typing is useful, and it's graceful/elegant or whatever, but it's talked about all the time, used all the time, on everyone's team, and I'm look at it and am like "am I missing something?" I just don't get it. So it's over-exposure and the amount it gets talked about drives me up the wall.

Totally hear you bro i like female Gardevoir but why make them Rule 34?

Also what's with this Gardevoir's "bra" color change in here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMMJCwAnjF4 gives me a bad verbe

Leave female Gardevoirs to Gallades to breed guys

(still uses a cheat to catch Gardevoirs in gen. 3 hacks)

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Other than Greedent and Charizard mentioned before, Incineroar is an example of how to ruin a good looking starter with one (1) ugly final evolution.

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • Getting really tired of all the "Smeargle for catching and shiny hunting stuff."

Besides Sketch, it has no unique advantage over others nor can it do anything they can't. Just use something like Ampharos with Static and patiently wait...

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Freakin Butterfree man. Why you gotta love our boy Ash like that? :(

None of them really rubbed e the wrong way besides Butterfree, but Grimer/Muk used to gross me out when I was a kid.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    Excadrill, especially gen 5 Sand rush Excadrill. Gen 5, and Excadrill, along with many other factors like Conkeldurr existing to make Machamp irrelevant in literally every way, is actually what made me quit pokemon and barely touch it since that gen(Until now with Sw/Sh obviously). Seeing as how in gen 4 DPP/HGSS wifi before it came out, Tyranitars infinite sand stream was abused with sand veil Garchomp(before it was "banned") so sand was extremely common to deal with. ...Then in the next gen they create something like sand rush Excadrill? When sand is so easily accessible with just slapping in Choice Band Pursuit Tyranitar? To this day I still shake my head at its existence.

Runner up to that is probably Gyarados. What does this poke not do? I've seen this thing thrown on so many teams just to try and force a switch DDance and unga, yet pokes that I enjoyed using like Vaporeon were pretty much forced to use HP electric to stop it. I didn't rng abuse or use the old version of showdown, so HP was off the table for me. Nowadays its still a nuisance with Dynamax, but at least there are other answers now.

Years
  • From a competitive standpoint. I dislike greninja and mimikyu.

Greninja is definitely the most frustrating pokemon to deal with, having such a power ability, speed, and an obscene amount of unpredictability. Without that I personally dislike it's design, so I never really used it competively unless I became desperate to win.

Mimikyu is creepy looking and I'm really tired of seeing it, I didn't use it ONCE when it was first introduced but in sword/shield where there's not much variety I reluctantly enough had to incorporate it on my teams to pressure opponents. :( Once they add more pokemon to my liking, I'm throwing that crap back in the trash where it belongs.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • 1: Voltorb. No reason, just do.

2: Delibird. I'm hoping it gets an awesome evolved form in the future but now it's way too not strong to work.

3: Banette. I've tried to like this, but it's stats are just so bad. Really slow, not good movepool, and frail too? At least it's mega looks cool and fixes it's stats a bit. Overall this gen was one of the harder ones to think of a least favourite for.

4: Really don't know.

5: Mienshao. I hate it, it hate it with the passion of a thousand burning suns. There is nothing that will ever make me like this stupid, STUPID waste of space. In my X nuzlocke, it of course had to set up during my Aerodactyl's flying turn and of course Fly missed and it lands a crit. Fuck, FUCK Mienshao. If this thing stops showing up in future pokedexes I will be very glad. And of course, guess who literally never got a single other flyer as a first encounter, so had to cheat in order to progress? I also hate this thing for killing my Toxicroak too after that but that's not the point. FUCK this stupid fighter thing.

6: Klefki literally has no reason to exist. Other than somewhat being good in competitive from what I've heard, I've always found it to be pointless. I also think it has a bad design, but not because it's a living keyring, but the design itself bugs me. What is with the drop on it's chin? Is it a beard? What is with that mouth? Are the keys part of the body? There is just so much wrong with it's design. If I could change it, I would suggest it basically being the face on one of it's keys. I also found it really bad and disappointing to use in regular play but that's just me.

7: Brionne. BIG surprise, the middle stage of my favourite starter is my least favourite specific stage of any starter. It has to be one of the ugliest middle stages in the game. First off, it just looks really awkward when compared to Popplio being cute and Primarina being cute and badass. Secondly, this thing doesn't even look like a creature from the games, moreso an educational game mascot reject. Lastly, just everything about it's design just turns me off.

8: Why does Stonjourner exist, again? I tolerated it at first, but now I think it is tied with the keys for the most pointless and redundant creature in the series thus far. Awful design too. Why do we need some weird ass rock... thing? Yeah. I'm not even going to bother using one to see if there is anything good about it. Good thing I have no idea where to find one.

Regional variant: I. LOATHE. Alolan Persian. It is the dumbest, ugliest, most moronic, most HORRIBLE thing ever implemented in the game. I's stupid smug face, it's enormous head, that punchable face, that fact that it's just a recolour of Persian without those bad features... UGH.

Now, before you ask, I literally have nothing against the original Persian, in fact, I've actually grown to really like it as of late after just using 2 really awesome ones in a few recent nuzlockes I've done. I really don't think it's bad at all, but the Alolan version... NO. FUCK the Alolan version.

The biggest problem of all is that I can't take it seriously. It doesn't look like something I want to train and become useful, it looks like some incredibly stupid and smug assdick that wants the user to be trolled by having it around. Just... FUCK Alolan Persian. I hate it, I will NEVER use one, and will ALWAYS implement a rule in my nuzlockes to always skip it's line if it were my first encounter. SCREW that thing.

So out of all these choices, Alolan Persian is my least favourite. I loathe it with every fiber and orifice on my body. Just it's horrendous design makes me rage. For a least favourite that isn't an alternate form, pretty much a 3-way tie between Stonjourner, Mienshao, and Klefki.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • I know i will get hate for this but i hate the pikachu race, they are fricking everywhere! (...) Buuuuuuuuuut i love the male Pikachu Libre called Pika-Juan, the departed Lt Surge Pikachu from the fangame "Pokemon Adventures Red Chapter" and the mr. harry-pikachu merged character from the detective pikachu movie. I don't mind the cute Pichus and the stronger Raichus thought😍

Alolan Persian is my least favourite. I loathe it with every fiber and orifice on my body. Just it's horrendous design makes me rage.

Indeed, and i'm no longer an cat hater, but everytime i see it's design in the anime, i want to own it, don't mind kanto Persian thought, manly becuase of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3khL6_J4mLY

Last edited:

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Durant. It has an ear grating cry and they kept appearing when I was trying to find a Heatmor for my dex in Y version.
    Basculin. Every time I find a shiny one, it wouldn't stay in the Pokeballs and then it would kill itself with Final Gambit.
    Mr. Mime. Creepy as heck and it's like the localisation team didn't try very hard with coming up with its English name. However, I find its scene in Detective Pikachu hilarious.
    Bibarel. 8/10 times, it's the reason my Pokeradar chains break. Not to mention they're found in more Sinnoh routes than necessary.

Last edited:

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Reviving this thread to say I dislike Zeraora. I was really eh about it from the start but the more I see this thing the more I hate its presence. The worst part is it's actually good in competitive, which is fine if it had a good design but it looks like a rejected fursona and it's simply unappealing, especially as a Mythical Pokémon. It doesn't help it caps off an amazing generation with a whimper, introduced with 4 amazing Ultra Beasts, and is also in the same gen as the more charming Incineroar.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf for not being bloody Fairy types. Like wtf, really? And I do actually like the Pokémon themselves but there's no greater injustice to the Fairy type.

(ノД`)・゜・。

Back