• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which year of your life was the Most Difficult?

Years
    • Seen today
    Which year for you was the most difficult?

And if you can think of the best year for yourself, which would you say?

Years
    uhh
    worst was when I was having severe panic attacks for a solid few months triggered by waking up at night gasping for air, it scared me so much I couldn't go outside without sweating and panicking
    which was.. 2015, i think?

best? I honestly dunno. Still have my fair share of issues and mental health is still a concern, though nowhere near as bad as before, but I suppose 2017 and 2016 were okay, since I've been holding down jobs and saving a lot. <3

Years
    hard to think which year was the absolute worst for me. I think this is mostly because each year kinda balanced themselves over time so the bad kinda mixed in with the good, and as such every year kinda became the same to me.

honestly though, closest candidate would be 2016. Being completely unemployed for just about a whole year up until early 2017 and paying my hospital bills on top of that was not a fun experience in the slightest.

interestingly enough, best year would be 2017 for me, at least academically! ive made the best grades i have been for a while, i got invited into my college's honor society, and i've held a few jobs here and there. so overall, while 2017 wasn't amazing by any means, i can't say it was horrible. at least, not yet.

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Worst: abso-fucking-lutely hands down 2016
    Best: 2015 and so far, 2017 too

Anyone who ever said your 18th year is your best year is a dirty fucking liar; I don't ever wanna repeat that hell year again.

Years
    Worst: abso-fucking-lutely hands down 2016
    Best: 2015 and so far, 2017 too

Anyone who ever said your 18th year is your best year is a dirty fucking liar; I don't ever wanna repeat that hell year again.

My 18th birthday was actually my worst birthday, tbh...

Last edited:

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    Worst: 2017. It has been a horrible year so far. Shit started to hit the fan in Dec. 2016 and it looks like I'm in for a ride until Dec of this year. Hopefully things will go smoothly in 2018, I need a goddamn break.

Best: Also 2017. I love a good challenge. I learned a lot in the past year. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Good stuff came out of 2017 despite the shit show.

TY

Worst: 2014-2015, literally the downfall of my life
    Best: 2017

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Worst: 2012-2014
    Best: 2016, also shout out to 2008

Last edited:

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
    Best would probably be a year and three day span. May 1st 2014-May 4th 2015. Both days were when my boys were born. So that year span was pretty good.

Worst? 2017. Lost my mother in law to cancer in early February. My marriage ended (though I didn't realize it at the time, it was a good thing). Lots of downs this year. It's finally starting to look up, but it just makes me excited for 2018. I need a good year.

string555

Banned
    Years
    Probably age 16, so 2008ish.

I was going through a time where my mental health problems were starting to surface, I had some confusing issues about my self, and in general things seemed pretty mukty. :/

I think around 2011ish was the best year for me, I felt like I had made the most of things then. :D

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
    The 19th year.

I graduated from college with a degree I hated, and didn't know what to do. I hitchhiked across America for 9 months, and was homeless most of the time. It was really rough, and I almost died several times.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Worst: 2015
    Extreme stress from making my Masters thesis and defense, having some shit romance disasters, having shit going on on PC, shit here, shit everywhere. And I turned halfway-to-50 in age. Shit year.

Best: from what I remember, 1995 was simply magical

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
    honestly i've never had a good year. that's how life is when you're severely mentally ill. 2012 was a decent year for me i guess. one of the worst years i've had is 2011 though. was in two abusive relationships that year, and 2012 was only decent because i managed to get out of them and find people to rely on for help and recovery. i also started drinking and self-harming that year, both things i struggle with now on a daily basis. 2017 has also been one of the worst years of my life. as of right now i'm facing potential homelessness and i'm pretty much in a financial crisis. i'm definitely struggling.

Last edited:
    Back