• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Will you be getting the DLC?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • I'm more waiting for the Crown Tundra to be released later this year. Just because the Kanto legendaries will make an appearance and that gives me many nostalgia vibes. I'll still get the Isle of Armor DLC though! Definitely looking forward to it.

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
    Years
  • I'll wait until I know how long the DLC is. I don't have very much storage left on my Switch, so I want to use it up for something that'll give me lots of things to do. I'm expecting maybe 20 hours or so of content for each pass, $45 for 40 hours isn't a bad deal at all for DLC (I've played other games with over 40 hours of post-game without DLC, so I'm expecting a lot more from it, since there wasn't very much in Sword and Shield). If that does end up being the case, I'll definitely buy it!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Yeah, definitely, when the pandemic dies down, I'll most certainly be either buying, or pre-ordering the DLC. But right now? No. definitely not.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Not done so - partly waiting on review copy opportunity. Else I'll just buy it from the eshop day before or day of. I mean, I am the mod of the section... =p

I do wonder though if it'll even be on time for June (part 1 that is), given the current situation.

Years
  • On one hand, it is interesting that Pokémon is getting some DLC for the first time in a gen. On the other hand, I am just on the fence and so far have decided to abstain from pre-ordering so I can wait and see if at least the first part of the DLC will be indeed worth the investment.

Last edited:

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    Yeah I'm getting it. I'd much rather have this type of DLC vs. buying an entirely new game of the same game with just a few things added and minor changes.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'll probably be getting it, but I'll wait until it releases instead of pre-ordering.

Years
  • i preordered it. there are pokemon i'm looking forward to shiny hunting, not to mention catching in general, so i might as well. :>

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I preordered it. Don't care if it costs more are not. Content is content. And I haven't been playing SwSh. Gives me a reason to go back, especially if Sword and SHield is the only game we will probably get for 2 or 3 years.

Rather buy the DLC then another 'updated' version of the game for double the price. Because that is what would have happened if not for the DLC.

Last edited:

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I pre-ordered it after I saw the announcement. It looks promising and I sincerely hope there's more than 2 parts in this pass, especially with a half baked game like this.

Back