• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you still play Fourth Gen?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    With the US release of Sun and Moon three days away, it's been a while since Fourth Generation were considered the newest games, and we've definitely come a long way since then. Will you continue to enjoy the Fourth Generation games? Do you see yourself playing them after you've completed Sun and Moon?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I love replaying Platinum so I'll definitely still play fourth gen. Once the Sun & Moon hype dies down I'll probably get back into finishing Platinum again.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
  • Of course. Platinum and HG/SS are always good for a replay, and that's not mentioning the 4th gen spinoffs like EoS.

That being said, D/P aren't going to get touched unless I want to voidwalk to get a Shiny Shaymin and Darkrai.

Years
  • I always seem to go back to the older generations, and Gen 4 is no exception. It has a couple of games (HGSS/Platinum) which I seriously consider some of the best in the series and although SM will take up all of my time for a fair few months, I'll no doubt be back in Johto or Sinnoh before long.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I still have a lot of content I never did much with in the Sinnoh games, especially actually trying to do Contests properly. I'm far from being done with these games :)

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • With the US release of Sun and Moon three days away, it's been a while since Fourth Generation were considered the newest games, and we've definitely come a long way since then. Will you continue to enjoy the Fourth Generation games? Do you see yourself playing them after you've completed Sun and Moon?

Why not? I mean, I just finished playing Platinum a day ago. HGSS are still one of my favourites, and despite being very busy with SM nowadays, I am still going to start HG in a few days from now. That being said, old gens will always occupy a unique place in my heart. I still have and play pokemon gold, the one that I started playing for the umpteenth time two years back, with the boxes full of O.P pokés.

Lunar Crescent

I choose you pikachu!
    Years
  • The replay potential of the fourth gen is enormouuus, so i would definitely play it again.. even if it has been a long while and that Sun & Moon are out now.

Years
  • Sadly i will not be playing Through gen 4 again I only have a pokemon pearl game
    Which save i will not erase Since i use that save as a tool to send over Pokemon to different generations
    And there has been over 2 years now since i sold My pokemon Platnium (i got bored of it)
    And i see no goal in spending my time with those games any longer than i have to.

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I will continue to play the Fourth Generation games. I think they have immense replay value in terms of content. Like many others, there are things that I have yet to complete after many years. Not to mention it happens to be one of my favorite generations in the main Pokémon series.

SilverLeafeon75

Type diversity? What type diversity?
    Years
  • Of course I will continue to play 4th gen, these are the games that sparked my love for Pokemon. Heart Gold Especially.Platinum is also pretty cool itself, just so many of my favorite Pokemon. The Gen 4 period also included Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, the only bad part is Battle Revolution (now that game sort of sucked)

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • As much I love Moon, I will still continue to play Platinum and HeartGold every so often. Gen IV is one of my three favorite generations so far, so there's no way it's going away that easy!

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2016
    Actually just today i found my Pokemon Pearl and restarted it, after spending about 50 hours on Moon so far I needed a break and I had been having trouble remembering the 4th and 5th gen so it should serve me a great justice running back through them. I'm slowly remembering things as I progress and I love the nostalgic feeling, I'll be playing it for a long time coming.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I've yet to replay Diamond; I still have my first save because I was never able to migrate my Pokémon to BW. I will replay it once I get the migration done. I also just bought SoulSilver, so I'm gonna play that in the near future, too.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Yes, for Apricorn ball Pokemon. I love Sinnoh and SS as a game/region but Alola has taken the number one spot on my favourite games, despite a couple of noteworthy flaws. I just wish we had more of Kurt's balls.

I'll probably play them again from time to time for nostalgia, having been the games I started with, but SM are my main games now.

Hopefully they'll remake Gen4 on the 3DS.

Years
  • I did try playing Platinum some more last year, so I could see myself playing it again at some point just to beat it. Since uh, I haven't ever played through it entirely before.

I would love to start over since I don't remember much of the earlier stuff in there, although I would like to get my pokemon off of there before I do so. I somehow have a quilava on there, that I don't remember how I got it in there exactly, and I'd like to port it to another game before I wipe my file. Maybe I can start working on that once I get my new ac adapter for my DS.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Gen 4 was my favourite generation and one of my first so I'd definitely love to see remakes. In fact, I DEMAND remakes! :P

Back