• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you be your own friend?

Years
  • Like, if you encountered an exact copy of yourself and it was not so atypical as to blow your mind or anyone else's, would you make friends with yourself? If not, what would you do?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    We would both have too much social anxiety to speak to one another so no

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • No. I'm a loner and don't engage with strangers, even if the stranger is basically just a clone of me. I'd ignore them and move on.

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    The type of friend I am, and the type I expect, is the type who truly believes you don't always need to be talking to hang out in the same room together.

So as long as my clone agreed to the unwritten rule of "shut the fuck up" I think we'd get along great.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I could see a friendship with myself easily happening, since I would share the exact same interests as the copy.

I wonder if the copy would also have an entire family which is a copy of mine, because that would be very strange.

Years
  • I could see it going either way I guess. I have a lot of traits I like in people and a lot of traits I can't even stand in myself lmao

Years
  • probs not lmao i dont like myself ;0
    though i do need a duck to talk to in coding and shoujo manga so maybe

Years
  • possibly? i think i'm pleasant enough to be around both online and irl, and am not a bad friend to have. bit awkward to think about, but am willing to give it a try..!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Uhhh maybe, I'd be cool hanging out w/ myself and playing cards or something. Also I laugh at everything so I feel like I'd just be making myself crack up the whole time even if we have no meaningful / actual conversation. So maybe it'd work!

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    itd take a while to warm up but sure dont rly see why not

Back