• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which video game franchise should get a new game in your opinion?

Years
  • I wish the Klonoa franchise could get a new game. I am a Klonoa fan and the latest game was released on Wii in 2008! Another game franchise that should get a new game, is Castlevania.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Danganronpa series- I wasn't a big fan of the big reveal at the end of V3. But I still enjoyed the game. I feel like there is still more they could do with this series but might just be me.

Ace Attorney series- There hasn't been a new entry since Spirit of Justice for the 3DS. UNBELIEVABLY UNDERRATED.

.hack series- This series is SO MUCH BETTER than SAO it's not even close. Bandai Namco treats it like shit and keeps beating the SAO dead horse and is clearly an obsessed fangirl over it.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series- This is my favorite Pokemon spinoff series. Even if I do struggle with it immensely and hate it every time I play a new one lol. I think they could do something interesting where the player and partner are actually villains for once (like a part of an outlaw or a thieves guild) but eventually get captured and go through a redemption which eventually leads to the WORLD SAVE lol

Digimon series- I know it's come back already with Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory. But... it's been... what? 2 years? Since Hacker's Memory came out? I know Survive is supposed to come out at some point but there's been no news and it makes me incredibly worried. Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory were probably the BEST Digimon games I EVER played. Hacker's Memory even won my personal GOTY award in 2019. I just don't want this Digimon Comeback to end. It deserves love.

Last... but certainly not least...

Klonoa series- Yeah... um... this is just IMO obviously but this is the most UNDERRATED, UNDERESTIMATED, UNAPPRECIATED platformer series OF ALL TIME. Yet another franchise abandoned by the obsessed SAO fangirl that is Bandai Namco. What the hell ever happened with that trademark that appeared to be for a remaster?!

This is all I can think of right now but I might post again with more if I think of more

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    Hmm...
    -Megaman Battle Network: Only played #3, but loved it. Played starforce, but wasn't the biggest fan. Seemed like a watered down version of it...
    -A better Spore sequel would be nice, even if I am a Christian now. It had a lot of potential.
    -A proper pokemon stadium sequel.
    -Kirby Air Ride 2

Years
    • Seen today
    A sequel to the Rockstar title "Bully". Long forgotten. The closest thing was a recent mobile port.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Golden Sun. So we can finally get some closure on what they pulled off in Dark Dawn. And so we can have another Golden Sun game...

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Wants another entry in the Pokemon Trading Card game. Specifies something focused on single-player. Pushes online play versus humans a lot for recent card games.

Also Earthbound. Accepts an officially localized version of Mother 3 too.

Years
  • I would LOVE a followup to 2008's Castle Crashers, an amazing side-scrolling beat em up with great visuals + controls. It's been ported to nearly every platform at this point, most recently to the Switch, but a proper sequel would be very dope.

Years
  • *Walks up to mic*
    *Ahem*

Golden Sun - Reboot or Continuation
    Klona - Reboot or Continuation *Beat's Namco with a baseball bat for focusing on lawsuits, anime *****'s, Pacman, and Publishing other titles*
    Oni - Reboot, The type of combat and FPS element to this is too good to ignore.
    Freedom Force - We have comicbook hero flicks from the MCU to the DCU and games around all of this, so why not this series as well get a revival? Since now we have other 'locations' acting as they are now.
    Steambot Chronicles - New Title; the original game was about side-questing, that's all we do in Skyrim and Valheim. Just do the same with this I.P. except give the player's home's to built with their mech's. Looking at Atlus about this.
    Vectorman - Reboot, Killer Sound Track, hard to beat.
    Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom - Reboot, If anyone hasn't played this yet for it's charm; I recommend giving it at least 15 minutes before ignoring it.
    Jade Empire - Reboot or Continuation, Kung-Fu RPG epic.
    Fat Princess - Not the puzzle, not the looter-dungeon-crawler. Just the traditional top-down cartoon violence with the blood and cartoon gore capture the flag.
    Tetrisphere - Reboot, this game is just a personal favorite and shouldn't be difficult to remake/republish in today's world.
    Skies of Arcadia - Reboot or Continuation; Sky pirates, flying pirate ships, giant mechs to take down with those ships and a beautiful world with a mechanic to encourage players to explore it.
    Metal Arms - Reboot or Continuation. Like Tetrisphere, a personal favorite I'd like to see remade or giving a new title too; shooter with rough language and multiplayer where you can hi-jack robot's.

Thank you.
    *Bows*
    *Walks away from Mic*

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • I would love to see a new Spectrobes game! I think that the series has so much potential with what games can do these days if someone can pry it from Disney's grubby hands; Pokemon meets space travel, what's not to love?!

pkmin3033

I want to agree with Golden Sun, but after Dark Dawn was a complete and utter trainwreck I'm not sure I even want to know how they're going to balls up the narrative even further...

Anyways, where the bloody hell is the next Legacy of Kain title, Square Enix. You can't just call it quits on the franchise because Nosgoth was a complete disaster - it was a F2P multiplayer action game, of course it was going to fail. This is a series that needs to be continued in some fashion.

Dragon Quest Builders also needs a third instalment. Please, for crying out loud, make this happen. The Builders games were to me what Minecraft is to so many other people and I'd love to see them expand on this significantly. The limitations were frustrating and I'd love to see them removed in a third game so I can go mad and start recreating game worlds.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • I just want to have another Rise of Nations game... that game is so underrated for an RTS. It feels like a breed between Civilization (a TBS nonetheless) and Age of Empires, but it was so addicting to play that im suprised there hasn't been a real Rise of Nations 2.

Years
  • Xenosaga.

no, seriously. the last Xenosaga game was for PS2, and it's quite frankly nuts how the third game left off on a cliffhanger and then there's just.... no more entries after the third one.

in fact, i'm kind of annoyed that Xenoblade is a thing because although it's a spiritual successor in a sense, it's not, imo, a continuation (nor do i think it's designed to be, of course) of the journey of KOS-MOS, Shion and the gang and instead it's a completely new cast with a completely new plot (as far as i'm aware?) with some Xenosaga references thrown in.

i really would have loved to see what would come next in the Xenosaga crew's journey, but that will always be a big question mark, sadly.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • For years I would have tentatively said The World Ends With You or Pokémon Snap, but miraculously, this is the first year I don't have to. Everyone in this thread, know that your dreams can come true.

So instead I will say either Portal or Left 4 Dead. I loved both of those games so much and their sequels only improved upon the solid foundation they laid down. I would have loved to see what could come of another entry in either series, but alas, Valve is still allergic to the number 3.

Years
  • Digimon series- I know it's come back already with Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory. But... it's been... what? 2 years? Since Hacker's Memory came out? I know Survive is supposed to come out at some point but there's been no news and it makes me incredibly worried. Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory were probably the BEST Digimon games I EVER played. Hacker's Memory even won my personal GOTY award in 2019. I just don't want this Digimon Comeback to end. It deserves love.

I haven't really liked the Digimon games. The ones I've experienced have just felt like "Pokemon but not good." But Survive looks really damn good so I hope they get their shit together and actually get it out this year :')

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I haven't really liked the Digimon games. The ones I've experienced have just felt like "Pokemon but not good." But Survive looks really damn good so I hope they get their **** together and actually get it out this year :')

The Cyber Sleuth games were and still are the best god damn Digimon games I've played. Potentially in my entire life. No english dub matters zero.

Story in both is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Even side quests have their moments. Plus there are lots of actual IRL 'lol' moments and just hilarity in general. Hacker's Memory was my personal 2019 GOTY.

This could change however depending on how damn good Survive is and how long they've had to work on it now.

But you do you.

Back