• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Say I love you, without saying I love you.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    In your own words how would you say I love you without saying these three words?

I would say it by ordering someone there favorite meal for dinner.

pkmin3033

idk really. It's lots of little things; the communication that you build up with someone over time as you get closer. Just day-to-day moments and actions that come naturally if you care for someone.

For me personally it's never been something that I've said indirectly because I'm not a very performative person. If I want to say that, I'll be direct and just say it. I wouldn't have any particular way to show it because I'd have to think about it, and love to me has always been something you feel more than something you think. If I have to think about it, then I'm doing it for some other reason, and it's insincere. It's very difficult for me to be deliberately sincerely positive.

Years
  • I don't initiate intimate physical interaction with anyone unless I completely trust them. If I hug you, then you know that I love you.

Years
  • A gesture of kindness, like offering to help them, getting them something they like, etc.
    But that being said, I do that for friends. Like friend love I guess? If it were a partner it would likely be physical affection.

Years
  • One of my favorite quotes is from a play I did back in 2012 and 2018 called The Curious Savage by John Patrick -
    People say I love you all the time - when they say, 'take an umbrella, it's raining,' or 'hurry back,' or even 'watch out, you'll break your neck.' There are hundreds of ways of wording it - you just have to listen for it, my dear.

The full scene is pretty great as well.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I make people I love tea without asking first.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I tend to do things for them or show them how much I appreciate them and their existence. ┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌
    Actions usually speak louder than words for me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i'm not very good at expressing myself verbally esp when it comes to emotional stuff, but i tend to use food as a means lol. i like to cook or treat my partner to take out meals, or even just picking him up a small treat at the store bc i was thinking of him.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • I try to show my appreciation in other ways like buying food or doing stuff for them. It's difficult as I'm in a ldr, but I try my best to make sure my boyfriend knows that he is loved and appreciated in ways that isn't just me saying it outright.

Raffi

Greatest Trickster
    Years
  • Getting gifts from others or giving them. But not when it's like Christmas or a birthday; just because you feel like it.

It means someone's thought of you outside of when they're supposed to or vice versa. They were actively thinking of you when they found something and wanted you to have it. I love giving small gifts like that. But then again, I might also love wasting money. Whoops!

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • A lot of it happens to be being there whenever someone needs me, even though I may not have the confidence in myself to be the best at it. I want it to mean a lot to someone when I say I'll be there for them. I've had a few people tell me "You're the only person I can talk to about this" and it's kind of empowering in a way, to know I'm supporting someone right. I remember a night I had stayed up for several hours and forced myself awake several times so I could keep talking to someone to help them get out what they needed to talk about, and I got almost no sleep that night because I wanted to make sure they were doing alright.

I think gifts are a really great way to express affection for people, and it's a pretty easy sentiment to show as long as you know something that they kinda maybe might want. It's something that's really hard for me personally after past experiences, but I've occasionally pushed myself to do just that because I like the other person that much.

I think the most important thing is just doing something that gets the right feeling across. Something you'll do where they'll notice you went out of your way or did something so that you could show them that appreciation. I'm a really firm believer in telling someone how much they mean to you whenever you think of it, so hey, go with what works.~

Back