Started by Flowerchild October 14th, 2020 12:57 PM
  • 1015 replies

ZeoStar

dream world
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
6,255 posts
3.7 Years
People stealing from grave spots depresses me beyond belief. :( I'll be sure to be careful with what I place down when I visit family graves in the near future.

I've never visited my grandparents' graves since they passed away in Russia (where I'm from) and I've not been able to visit since then. But hopefully sometime in the future, pretty sure I'm the only one from my family who hasn't at least gone to see them yet. v_v
My condolences for your grandparents, and @Sandalphon my condolences for your step father. My first major loss was my dad, although I've lost all of my grandparents since then, with the last passing away in 2017. Despite being quite young, it was the most profound thing I've witnessed in my life. In the hospital bed, she couldn't speak anymore, eyes had shut down, and was on the brink of death. In her final moments, she grabbed our hands one by one and tightly squeezed. Her mental clarity had lived, and allowed us a comforting goodbye. @Sheep I hope you get the chance to visit in Russia. I know it must be hard being too far for a visit.
http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/_uploads/photos/1c9662e4/cloud_3_400x350.jpg

Sandalphon

black magic

She/her
In bed
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
It is hard, I watched my step father deteriorate slowly and how he suffered. He always felt like he was burdening us, like he'd be better off dead but that wasn't true. His depression caused him to give up as well and my life is not better without him, even though he was difficult at times, he also brought joy.

I only met my paternal grandparents but I was in another province when they died, I miss them though because they were always there in my childhood.

palla

big sisters get it done

ZeoStar

dream world
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
6,255 posts
3.7 Years
It is hard, I watched my step father deteriorate slowly and how he suffered. He always felt like he was burdening us, like he'd be better off dead but that wasn't true. His depression caused him to give up as well and my life is not better without him, even though he was difficult at times, he also brought joy.

I only met my paternal grandparents but I was in another province when they died, I miss them though because they were always there in my childhood.
The worst part is watching someone suffer. My grandmother couldn't remember the days of the week anymore. I would visit on the weekends and she would ask why I wasn't in school. My grandfather was a tough hardened war veteran. He ended up with cancer, and couldn't make it to the bathroom anymore. It makes me feel conflicted. You obviously want your loved ones around, but it almost feels selfish when they suffer to such extents.
http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/_uploads/photos/1c9662e4/cloud_3_400x350.jpg

Sandalphon

black magic

She/her
In bed
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
Yeah, my step father's incontinence hurt him the most, he was so ashamed. We wouldn't stick him in a home because they are terrible here. Even with my grandmother, I would have looked after her.

palla

big sisters get it done

Megan

Explorer Empress

Age 31
She/Her
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
7,171 posts
8.4 Years
When my father died he was already in a coma for a couple months. So he probably didn't feel anything?

I got one hour of sleep this night! Summer is definitely drawing near... \o/
Art | Moderator of Previous Generations and Forum Games| Come and visit VPP
Have you found the window to the world or are you still listening to your words echoing from the walls?

Sandalphon

black magic

She/her
In bed
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
I need more sleep, myself. It's been hard.
That said, night night!

palla

big sisters get it done

Ash Ketchup

She/Her
Tohjo Falls
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
16,529 posts
15.7 Years
I actually got more than usual last night. I've averaged about 2.5-3 hours a night for the last year or so. Last night I got 7!!! ... but I'm even more tired than usual 😅
Mega Gyarados
Type: Water / Dark
Shiny: Yes
Received @ 16,321
Hatched @ 16,336
Lv.100 @ 16,521
Durant
Type: Bug / Steel
Shiny: Yes
Tag Partner: Radio
Received @ 16,016
Hatched @ 16,031
Lv.100 @ 16,216
Paired with Roni | You down with VPP? | My Trainer Stats

Female
Infinite Insanity
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
971 posts
4.4 Years
I'm "trying" to ween off caffeine so I can sleep better myself (and lessen my anxiety and be less manic), but I was so tired after two days with little to no caffeine, I caved and bought a caramel latte from Panera. I was honestly sick as a dog today but I was still forced out of the house this morning due to reasons beyond my control. So anyway....yeah, super tired. I should take a nap, but my body is resisting one way while my eyes are another. I have a good feeling i'll be better by tomorrow morning though. I think it was just a 24 hour bug. I'm sleeping in big time tomorrow cause ya know...Saturday.
Once you give a Pokemon a personality, you can't go back depending on the severity and purpose of it. It's no longer just a "pixel" in your box.

Sandalphon

black magic

She/her
In bed
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
I feel you, honestly. I'm so tired without an iced coffee each day. (Home made btw)
It doesn't help that I'm an insomniac.

palla

big sisters get it done

colours

master of illusion

she/her
imagination congregation
Seen 19 Minutes Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
7,496 posts
16.2 Years
my lack of sleep (mostly due to my naps) is something i've lived with my whole life, and something i'll probably have to live with for years to come. it's fine enough, i'm used to it. never really knew what 8 hours of sleep feels like, anyway.
Paired with flowerchild and Fairy

Megan

Explorer Empress

Age 31
She/Her
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
7,171 posts
8.4 Years
I don't drink coffee. It just tastes awful. I do drink green tea occasionally and I do also eat bitter chocolate and I don't mind their bitterness. But I'm absolute no fan of coffee.

I think I've heart that coffee can also have a sleep inducing effect? You drink it for the caffeine so you can wake up. But because of how the caffeine forces you to wake up, the moment it stops being effective, the body just catches up again and you grow tired. Well, something like that, anyway. ^^"
Art | Moderator of Previous Generations and Forum Games| Come and visit VPP
Have you found the window to the world or are you still listening to your words echoing from the walls?

Sandalphon

black magic

She/her
In bed
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
my lack of sleep (mostly due to my naps) is something i've lived with my whole life, and something i'll probably have to live with for years to come. it's fine enough, i'm used to it. never really knew what 8 hours of sleep feels like, anyway.
I don't nap because I'm like "what if I sleep well tonight?" it never happens ;_;
I've had maybe 24 hours of sleep this past week.

palla

big sisters get it done

colours

master of illusion

she/her
imagination congregation
Seen 19 Minutes Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
7,496 posts
16.2 Years
this is why i have the AC on full blast and two other fans so my room can feel as cold as possible
Paired with flowerchild and Fairy
Male
Netherlands
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 15 Hours Ago
must be nice to have AC.... or fans even xD
All I can do is open all the windows T^T

also don't drink coffee. never liked it.

Sandalphon

black magic

She/her
In bed
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
Thankfully, it's cool out today.
I hardly slept so back to bed I go.

palla

big sisters get it done