• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
  • It is hard, I watched my step father deteriorate slowly and how he suffered. He always felt like he was burdening us, like he'd be better off dead but that wasn't true. His depression caused him to give up as well and my life is not better without him, even though he was difficult at times, he also brought joy.

I only met my paternal grandparents but I was in another province when they died, I miss them though because they were always there in my childhood.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    It is hard, I watched my step father deteriorate slowly and how he suffered. He always felt like he was burdening us, like he'd be better off dead but that wasn't true. His depression caused him to give up as well and my life is not better without him, even though he was difficult at times, he also brought joy.

I only met my paternal grandparents but I was in another province when they died, I miss them though because they were always there in my childhood.

The worst part is watching someone suffer. My grandmother couldn't remember the days of the week anymore. I would visit on the weekends and she would ask why I wasn't in school. My grandfather was a tough hardened war veteran. He ended up with cancer, and couldn't make it to the bathroom anymore. It makes me feel conflicted. You obviously want your loved ones around, but it almost feels selfish when they suffer to such extents.

Years
  • Yeah, my step father's incontinence hurt him the most, he was so ashamed. We wouldn't stick him in a home because they are terrible here. Even with my grandmother, I would have looked after her.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    When my father died he was already in a coma for a couple months. So he probably didn't feel anything?

I got one hour of sleep this night! Summer is definitely drawing near... \o/

Years
  • I actually got more than usual last night. I've averaged about 2.5-3 hours a night for the last year or so. Last night I got 7!!! ... but I'm even more tired than usual 😅

Years
  • I'm "trying" to ween off caffeine so I can sleep better myself (and lessen my anxiety and be less manic), but I was so tired after two days with little to no caffeine, I caved and bought a caramel latte from Panera. I was honestly sick as a dog today but I was still forced out of the house this morning due to reasons beyond my control. So anyway....yeah, super tired. I should take a nap, but my body is resisting one way while my eyes are another. I have a good feeling i'll be better by tomorrow morning though. I think it was just a 24 hour bug. I'm sleeping in big time tomorrow cause ya know...Saturday.

Years
  • I feel you, honestly. I'm so tired without an iced coffee each day. (Home made btw)
    It doesn't help that I'm an insomniac.

Years
  • my lack of sleep (mostly due to my naps) is something i've lived with my whole life, and something i'll probably have to live with for years to come. it's fine enough, i'm used to it. never really knew what 8 hours of sleep feels like, anyway.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I don't drink coffee. It just tastes awful. I do drink green tea occasionally and I do also eat bitter chocolate and I don't mind their bitterness. But I'm absolute no fan of coffee.

I think I've heart that coffee can also have a sleep inducing effect? You drink it for the caffeine so you can wake up. But because of how the caffeine forces you to wake up, the moment it stops being effective, the body just catches up again and you grow tired. Well, something like that, anyway. ^^"

Years
  • my lack of sleep (mostly due to my naps) is something i've lived with my whole life, and something i'll probably have to live with for years to come. it's fine enough, i'm used to it. never really knew what 8 hours of sleep feels like, anyway.

I don't nap because I'm like "what if I sleep well tonight?" it never happens ;_;
    I've had maybe 24 hours of sleep this past week.

Years
  • I finally slept with the aid of sleeping pills but it still wasn't restful because, as always, i was getting up 1/2-hourly.

Years
  • my entire thought processes that canada was just snowy 24/7 has been destroyed with how many canadians i know who are apparently igloo-less with how hot/humid it is

and here i thought i was alone in my suffering

Years
  • My neck of the woods is supposed to hit 44-46°C on Monday, and with the humidity it is expected to feel as hot as 52°C (or just shy of 126°F). For context, Death Valley hit a high temperature of 54.4°C/130°F last year, and it's regarded as one of the hottest places in the world.

Also, 60% of people in my province don't have air conditioning, and I'm in that majority. I expect to just be a big sweaty puddle the next couple of days.

Years
  • My neck of the woods is supposed to hit 44-46°C on Monday, and with the humidity it is expected to feel as hot as 52°C (or just shy of 126°F). For context, Death Valley hit a high temperature of 54.4°C/130°F last year, and it's regarded as one of the hottest places in the world.

Also, 60% of people in my province don't have air conditioning, and I'm in that majority. I expect to just be a big sweaty puddle the next couple of days.

hearing stuff like this makes me feel extremely privileged to have AC. i have two fans in my room + the AC blowing and it's fairly cold regardless of how hot it is outside. :c so hearing about homes without AC at all is... nuts to me @_@

Back