• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

dropped the bomb on that one

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • y'all ever accidentally swear in front of kids or your parents or your priest or like just someone you shouldn't swear while speaking to bc i can't get over how last month i just casually dropped an f bomb to my mom on the phone. she was talking to me about coming over for mother's day and jokingly suggested me making her some mac and cheese and fish sticks "because i had to make that for y'all so much back in the day" and i said i could probably make some good grown up m&c and fish sticks honestly and i was like "yeah i can make that four cheese mac and get some good batter, cut up some fuckin fish" and she was like WHAT DID YOU SAY????? CUT UP SOME WHAT NOW????????? SOME EFFIN FISH???????

i am writing this post as a ghost now as i was murdered over the phone

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I don't ever really curse in front of kids, but I never accidentally curse at my parents, because it's always on purpose, lmfao. They stopped caring years ago.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I curse all the time. I just don't spend any time around children so I don't have to worry about it.

User Anon 1848

I swear like a sailor when I get frustrated while gaming or have tech issues. Otherwise I'm usually pretty considerate of my surroundings. Thankfully I'm not around kids that often and anyone else within earshot hopefully knows I'm likely just venting to myself.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Cussing is pretty common in my household, and it's also rampant where I work, so I'm around it a lot. So much so that I felt myself getting way too relaxed with swearing and I had to tone it down. So short answer... yes, I've definitely swore where it was less than appropriate. I've cut back since then. It comes off rather uneducated anyway. It's best employed in highly emotional situations. And in comedy.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used to swear in front of anybody, although I always tried to avoid swearing around children.

Now that I've stopped swearing, others mock me for using words such as blimey, goodness and gosh. The mocking of course makes it flipping hard not to swear ;)

Her

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    my youngest brother knew the applications of the word **** from a very young age and that may or may not be my fault

Years
  • while I swear quite a bit around close friends and people who usually don't care, I do try to change around my vocabulary when around people who do/children. it's a work in progress because words do slip out here and there, but I do make an active effort to use alternative words because I don't like swearing a bunch if I don't feel I have to.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • so what i'm gathering from this thread is that i grew up in the wrong house wtf y'all out here swearin i had to wait til i moved out to be my sailor self

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • you're not allowed to swear in your household??

not growing up hell no LOL. i haven't lived with my mom since i was like 22. she doesn't care about like. damn or ass or shit or whatever but excessive swearing and dropping an f bomb is a no no. i royally fucked that one up on the phone lol

Years
  • i still don't cuss in front of my parents to this day. i'm just uncomfortable about it lmao. my dad always made a big deal about it growing up, and so.........it's just never really gone away.

i try not to cuss in front of children, either. otherwise, i cuss quite a bit irl

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Could not imagine using curse words with my parents. It is just how it has always been and I don't see a need to challenge or try to change that. I don't mind cursing at all though and I spend time around people who definitely do swear in normal conversation so I do it accidentally without ever thinking about it. :p It's sometimes just a sentence filler at this point. I try to control my language if the other person doesn't ever curse or its just not appropriate (with children, elderly etc.)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've accidentally cursed in churches, then realized it and said "shit, i cursed" and then realizing that's also bad and said "oh fuck i did it again" and so on in a loop. Heh.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm not sure what the reaction of my mother would be. I've never sworn in front of her unless I'm reading something or quoting someone. I don't think she would have a very severe reaction, but I just avoid doing it in general anyways.

I've cursed when I'm in enough pain, such as after I've fallen. Though that's mumbled under my breath.

Years
  • It's not a big deal in my immediate family (since there are no children maybe?) so depending on the topic there could be a lot of Fs thrown in. It definitely was not OK growing up though, and I do appreciate that because I do feel in those formative years it does help with showing that there is a time and a place as I can't really think of an instance in my adult life I've had this kind of slip up. Just as well since I'm a teacher for fuck sake!

Years
  • yeah I've slipped up once at church :< but thankfully everybody was nice about it

other than that..not really. unless you count the time i said fuck in front of a family at busch gardens around my friends, and the dad of the family told me to watch my mouth even though he laughed at it

Back