• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

System Requirements for Your Life partner

Years
  • I know this thread would die soon, but what's harm in making this?

Anyways if you were to decide what should be your wife/husband should be or you want. Just like system Requirements for pc what were the system Requirements you would set for your life partner?

Mine Specifications:-

No no no no!

Not yet first I want to see some guts

Years
  • Someone understanding. I have a lot going on mentally as well as a developmental disability.
    However, I'm an honest and loyal person and I consider myself kind. High risk high reward? lol

Years
  • Well then my specs:-

1. She must be short haired. Not that much short haired, just like wasp in ant man and the wasp, Haircut may vary.

2. Must be older than me by 1-3 years.

3. She must be black haired, not even brown only black haired

4. Must be same height as mine or maybe longer but not that much.

5. She may argue with me, even hate me not a big issue but she must always stay by my side and so I will

6. She must be cute and pretty.

7. Her skin colour doesn't matter but she must not be chubby just normal nor thin.

8. She must have a cool and courageous personality.

9. She must be very much literate.

10. She must know very deep about Anime and Manga.

These are my specs. Now onto everyones else

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Necessities:

- Male
    - Loves dogs and is a good dog dad
    - Understanding
    - Supportive
    - Patient
    - T a l l
    - Very intelligent
    - Motivated
    - The bread-winner
    - Enjoys nature
    - Hygienic
    - Reciprocative lover
    - Money isn't everything

Nifty add-ons:

- Likes animation
    - Doesn't mind my weird fangirlisms
    - Skinny boi
    - Dark hair

Luckily, I found a dude who fits all of this criteria 😇🖤 We had to work on the dog and motivation part but he came pre-packaged with everything else!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Preferably not a robot. This already makes it hard to spec, because what even counts as in this aspect? Visual appearance? What happens a couple years down the line when looks suddenly don't match anymore? I admit that I too am guilty of judging other people by how they look, especially when considering relationships. But I also immediately notice this behavior...

I suppose I'm just looking for someone who is willing to put up with me; a lot of patience. She should be kind, but also be willing to actually fight back. A relationship between two punchingbags isn't going to lead anywhere. Very supportive, she should also be more of an active person. I'm way too passive. So unless someone actually drags me along, I'll just keep doing what I'm always doing no matter if I want it or not.

The relationship should also feel genuine. Just playing along with whatever ideas I might randomly come up with (things I usually end up brushing aside due to lack of motivation). She should also enable me to learn more about what I can and can not do and what I want and what not in my life; especially the "want" part.
    Likewise, I want to be able to give her at least a little bit of that back. Being able to use someone's support for something positive should be mutual.

Years
  • She would need to:
    -have a Good personality: I dislike vain people and would also probably not want someone with low moral standards as my partner.
    -be Honest.
    -Accept me the way I am.
    Naturally these would work the other way round too.

yep; I'm super demanding, I know.

pkmin3033

OK, I'm done.

But I was never looking for anyone or anything specific in a relationship when I thought about it at all. I get along with some people more than I do others and there are things I find extremely irritating in other people that I wouldn't want to put up with for longer than a few minutes let alone the rest of my life, but relationships are about accepting someone for who they are, both the good and the bad, and dismissing someone because they don't match up to some idealised fantasy about what a "perfect partner" would be like has always seemed to me to be pretty shallow thinking. I mean, you shouldn't settle for less than what you want out of life, but I think closing yourself off to the possibility that someone might be a good match for you just because they don't meet an arbitrary standard could be a wasted opportunity. First impressions aren't always accurate, and forging a deep bond with someone can take years - just because they're not "your type" initially doesn't mean that they couldn't become that with time.

And y'know, even if I was single and had the opportunity to design a "perfect" partner the way I'd build a PC, I wouldn't. What people think they want is rarely what they actually want, or what they need. Attraction is a weird thing that takes many different forms. and part of what makes it exciting and meaningful is finding out what form that'll take, and becoming a better person for your partner, as well as having them become a better person for you.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Sep 7, 2021
    i'm very happy with the partner i have--grateful even. never went into it with any specifications or desires, i had been single a long time and for numerous personal reasons i felt love wasn't my cup of tea. but these days i'm the most motivated, supported, hard-working version of myself. thinking that's what should count the most in a relationship haha.

Years
  • But I was never looking for anyone or anything specific in a relationship when I thought about it at all. I get along with some people more than I do others and there are things I find extremely irritating in other people that I wouldn't want to put up with for longer than a few minutes let alone the rest of my life, but relationships are about accepting someone for who they are, both the good and the bad, and dismissing someone because they don't match up to some idealised fantasy about what a "perfect partner" would be like has always seemed to me to be pretty shallow thinking. I mean, you shouldn't settle for less than what you want out of life, but I think closing yourself off to the possibility that someone might be a good match for you just because they don't meet an arbitrary standard could be a wasted opportunity. First impressions aren't always accurate, and forging a deep bond with someone can take years - just because they're not "your type" initially doesn't mean that they couldn't become that with time.

And y'know, even if I was single and had the opportunity to design a "perfect" partner the way I'd build a PC, I wouldn't. What people think they want is rarely what they actually want, or what they need. Attraction is a weird thing that takes many different forms. and part of what makes it exciting and meaningful is finding out what form that'll take, and becoming a better person for your partner, as well as having them become a better person for you.

I liked your post. It made a lot of sense. It does sometimes takes years to grow a relationship with someone. And finding that special someone is a special experience that is very rewarding when you do.

Hopefully I didn't read that wrong.

Olivia

Hello there
    Years
  • Yup I am too young but... What's wrong in typing?
    - he must be protective towards me...
    - he must be understanding
    - he must help me to get out of my family situation
    - he must like my character not my beauty
    - and last I don't know how to cook😭😢 so..... (You are clever enough to know the rest)
    But Allen is far to understanding and complete all requirements except last one...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I had three MUST requirements: nice, sweet, and cute.

He would also have to deal with my baggage, such as past relationship traumas and such, which thankfully I am over them.

But honestly I'd rather have someone chase me than I chase them. I crushed on several guys in the past, both online and off, and I felt that it was a waste of time. If I'm worth someone's time, then I'll pursue. Otherwise, I'll be home with my bazillion cats.

I do have a life partner irl. he is a bit of a knucklehead tho.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Just be hot and kind. *shrug*

and either patient or stubborn enough to stick with me, that's about it.
    and not dumb/close-minded, she doesn't have to be brilliant or anything, just someone I can share ideas with.

and that's more for just anyone I'd date, doesn't only apply someone I'd be looking to marry.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    He/she/they needs to be kind and not normally intentionally want to hurt anyone else. That's the only requirement, the rest is bonus and flavor.

User Anon 1848

outside of physical attraction they'd need to be open minded, assertive or at least not passive-aggressive. men get crap for not being great communicators but i love open conversation, i'm just not a mind reader. if someone gives me the silent treatment and it's not obvious what i did to upset them then i'm cutting them out of my life immediately.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    He is kind, honest, loyal, shares a similar sense of humor, likes to try new foods, and is supportive.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • She is kind, accepts me for being a memelord with all the shitposts, has a sense of humor, not be a fan of supermarkets.

added bonus if she's a YGO addict like I am... not a requirement but a nice bonus to have.

Although the chances of me having an actual life partner are about as big as me stopping my crusade against the tyranny of trains... a man can dream can he not?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Likes cats
    isn't awful

thats actually pretty much it

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Idk I hate the idea of having like a checklist of things, if I like someone and they like me and they're not awful then we're good

Back