• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

la devotee

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    what do you like about the city/town where you live?

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    I 100% clicked on this for that p!atd reference though

I live in Edmond, Oklahoma which is a big city just a few miles from the State Capital. Honestly, I love living here. I moved in June, but it already feels like a second home to me. I live a quick 6 minute walk to the main part of town, which is nice since my husband and I have one vehicle and he works almost everyday, lmao. I've also had a pretty pleasant experience with the people, everyone is (from what I can tell) pretty friendly, even to strangers.

Years
  • Perth is nice because nothing insane ever happens here and because it's as far away from Melbourne as you can be without leaving the country.

Years
  • Isn't that a Fall Out Boy song? Or was it Panic At the Disco? I can't think early in the morning. I digress; Miami has some of the most notorious beaches, that's a plus. The sunburn's notorious too though, so it balances out.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Well, there is tons of history here. Tons of beautiful areas if you look hard enough instead of complaining all the time.

Such as Lanterman's Mill, that opened in 1846, which still runs to this day.
    la devotee

I mean, all of Mill Creek Park is beautiful, really. There is a spot from Fellow Riverside Gardens that overlooks the downtown area, but I can't seem to find any pictures of that.

There used to be an amusement park in Mill Creek Park too, called Idora Park. Sadly, most of the rides burned down in an accidental fire, so... there is truly nothing left standing on those grounds.

Oh, and we were also in our own Bruce Springsteen song.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I live in a small country coastal town that's close to Galveston Island. It's roughly an hour drive north of Houston depending on traffic and such. Galveston Island is literally a hop, skip, and jump over the bridge so access to beaches and awesome restaurants here are a major plus. Downside of living here is the swarm of mosquitoes that appear every day all year.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Absolutely nothing is good in my town. There is a reason everyone jokes about wanting to leave. Its not that bad. Ive lived here most of my life and I have some great friends, but in general the people suck. The drivers are terrible and the people are annoying.

Years
  • My country town is just so peaceful and quiet, that's why I love it so much. There's some beautiful scenery and I seriously wouldn't live anywhere else.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • my town has quite a bad rep but i'm kinda rooted here now. there are some pretty rough areas around the city but the area that i currently live in is one of the nicer areas. it's not all bad though, the nights out here are great.

User19sq

This place of mine is small, sleepy, and friendly. Sadly, I have to drink something and go 45 miles in another direction for entertainment, as nothing big happens here. And the small opportunities for jobs available makes it worse. But it's a growing city, and I hope it does well soon enough.

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    I like the fact that it disappears from my rear view mirror quickly as I leave my town every morning.

Years
  • Bristol is so fucking pretty, I'm a sucker for hills and rivers and it has both. The people just seem nicer? Like drivers let you cross more, people smile more, it's just much nicer.

oh and the random graffiti is cool i guess even though banksy is a giant dork

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    i gotta say
    the bakery + takeaways stores in this town are top notch

plus living by a beach with amazing views of the islands that dot the sea in front of the town
    i would say that is pretty fantastic

Last edited:
    Back