• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Christmas Trees!

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    When do you guys put up your Christmas trees? My family is big on Christmas and usually we decorate our house and put up the tree on the 12th of November, the day after Remembrance day.

However, this year we got a little carried away...

tumblr_phr16uG2rn1v2dtn4_540.jpg

As you can see, our stunning Christmas tree is already up! My mother, sister, and I decorated it last night. Our theme this year was red, green, gold, and silver! I think it turned out pretty fabulous. You know what they say, you can never celebrate Christmas too early!

Although, I'm almost certain that we shifted the weather. There wasn't a single speck of snow on the ground last night. Yet, all day today there has been an ongoing snowstorm, covering the landscape in a silky white. So I essentially brought winter about. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    We haven't out one up for the longest time because of the cats and how they will just destroy the tree.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    My family just uses the same one and same decorations from the past few years

Last edited:

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • we use to do a fake big tree, but now we can only do a small table top tree due to having 2 couches in the small living room. We havent actually done anything for christmas yet, since my dad is a big grinch when it comes to it, he hates it when we do christmas before black friday and keeps the decorations up past new years day.

Years
  • not until a few days before christmas usually, haha ; ; we get a bit lazy around here with decorating for any holiday. on the flip side, we keep the tree around for a little while after russian new year, which ends on january 8th, so it doesn't feel like a waste!

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    My mother does a lot of decorations in the front yard as well, got a snowman and some fake deers, with a lot of lights.

Same with us. We decorated every inch of our house, all of our bathrooms, the kitchen, the dining room, the two living rooms, our bedrooms, etc.

Go big or go home, as they say!

Years
  • Black Friday usually, but this year will be a bit different since my dad and I will be out of town on Black Friday.

Years
  • I am a firm believer of putting up the tree the weekend/Friday immediately after Thanksgiving.

My boyfriend and I try to do something different each year. Our first two years of dating we had a black tree. Last year, we did a standard green tree. This year, we're going to have an

Spoiler:

Christmas 2015 - Purple

Spoiler:

Christmas 2016 - Red

Spoiler:

Christmas 2017 - Blues

Spoiler:

This is our tree for 2018. We're not sure what color we're going to do.

Years
  • I don't really care when people decorate. I enjoy the Christmas spirit.
    We have ours up but not decorated, and to be honest my mom nailed it to the wall but the cats will find a way destroy it

Years
  • My Christmas schedule goes something like this:

Someone: Guys, we need to get a tree.
    Everyone else: Ehhhh, gaah, no, urgh, work...!
    Someone: C'MON!
    Everyone else: Can't we just decorate the orchid instead?

Then Christmas Eve rolls around and its like:

Someone: Everyone get out of bed! Hop in the car! Grab the axe! Get your gloves! Fetch the pot!
    Everyone else: Grunt whimper whimper grunt whine slob grunt

So exhausting... but at least we always have a nice tree and the orchid doesn't have to weighed down by Austrian baubles.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Flying back for Xmas this year so no tree this year. Whether my brother is getting a real one, I don?t know. Thankfully he doesn?t have Dogs or especially Cats who can ruin a Tree. We haven?t had a real tree for a long time due to the fact they?re messy and a pain to get rid of. We don?t typically put the tree up until post Thanksgiving. The fact the music has already shifted to Xmas music though... it?s just too early and gets earlier with each passing year. Soon enough they?ll start before Halloween...

Last edited:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i think we've had the same fake tree for years. we just put it up next to the patio door usually, but im not sure where it'll go this year. also i'll be gone for christmas (going to see my boyfriend) so i dont even know if my mom is still going to put up the christmas tree.

Back