• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you start the morning?

Years
What's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Some people write down the dream they just had in a journal. Maybe's you head straight to the bathroom to shower or brush your teeth, or get a cup of coffee and have breakfast? Are you making your bed, checking messages on your phone, hitting the snooze button on your alarm to get that 15 more minutes of sleep?

Your first act?

For me dog walking is always the very first thing. An hour or two before dawn a certain pittie will stand up on tiptoes with her skinny legs, then jump on my bed, whine some funny sounds and paw at my blankets, telling me that she wants to go outdoors right now. So before I can do anything else I stagger into my boots, grab the leash and take a mut out.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I wake up at abnormal hours. Sometimes 3:00 AM. I'll browse my phone or computer for a few hours.

Eventually our dog will start nudging me to get up. So I take care of her and our cats. Then shower/teeth/personal hygiene stuff.

After everything is taken care of, I start driving practice. I'll also take a 20 minute walk. Sometimes I'll do that walk in the morning, other times in the evenings. Depends on how the schedule falls.

also at some point between all of this I usually grab a bowl of cereal.

Last edited:

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
Pretty much head for the bathroom. What I do after that depends on whether it's a weekday or the weekend. On weekdays I'll immediately shower after that, on weekends I'll take my dog out and then feed her, and shower later.

Years
First a trip to the Bathroom, then the kitchen to make food, then watch TV while eating food, then brush teeth* and head off to work.
*When I actually remember anyway xD

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
On weekdays I wake up, have zoom meeting, take a shower, eat, brush my teeth. On weekends it's pretty much the same except I don't have zoom meeting.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
I brush my teeth, put on deodorant, take a walk to get some coffee or make some myself, and watch a few anime episodes to start my day. It's become a morning ritual that I actually enjoy.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
I used to spend my morning sleep because I used to work nights. However, I now work in the morning. Thus, in the morning, I use the toilet, shower, brush my teeth, put on my clothes, have a breakfast sometime, and head to work. During those days I was unemployed, if I was up in the morning, I still did my usual morning routine, but I mostly spent time playing Pokémon Violet with my friends on Union Circle.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Usually start my morning by looking at the Genshin leaks reddit for any new crazy leaks, then do my surveys on Swagbucks for a little while.

Years
Brush my teeth and then loaf around for 30ish minutes (since it's ideal not to eat or drink immediately after brushing so the toothpaste has time to benefit your teeth). In that time I'll just use my phone to check Discord, PC, Reddit, Twitter etc. A pretty typical morning ritual lol.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
Alright I've got a nice schedule for the morning - the only part of my life I've got completely figured out.

I wake up before dawn, get to the bathroom, exercise for half an hour, fresh up and meditate, after which I study then have breakfast.

Whatever follows after this is a function of entropy.

Okay.... sometimes if I'm feeling lazy I do reduce the exercise part a bit by sleeping a little extra... :p

Years
Alright I've got a nice schedule for the morning - the only part of my life I've got completely figured out.

I wake up before dawn, get to the bathroom, exercise for half an hour, fresh up and meditate, after which I study then have breakfast.

Whatever follows after this is a function of entropy.

Okay.... sometimes if I'm feeling lazy I do reduce the exercise part a bit by sleeping a little extra... :p

This actually sounds really pleasant! I wish I could get to bed at a decent time each night, but my family stay up until like 2am.

As for me: afterward, I shower and have my breakfast + coffee.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I get up, make my bed, put on clothes, go to the bathroom (at the weekend this is the first time I turn on the light, but only in the bathroom). During the week I afterwards prepare some food in the kitchen (the first time I turn on my light during the week, albeit only in the kitchen; also I don't eat anything and instead just take it with me to work), followed by bathroom part 2 (this time with light, but only in the bathroom), preparing to go to work and then go to work. Everything from getting up to leaving the house takes about 25 minutes, the actual walk takes another hour plus ca. 5 minutes.

During the week I get up at around 4:25 AM, though I've also had times I got up 4:30 AM and currently it's tending more towards 4:15-4:20 AM. At the weekend it's somewhere between 5 AM and 6 AM.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
i start by staying bed too long, always. my phone and internet is there, why would i want to get up, really?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I have a pretty typical routine if I have somewhere to be i.e. work in the office. Wake up, use the bathroom, take a shower, get ready/dressed, take care of my two pets, eat breakfast, brush my teeth, and head out. If I can work from home that day or if I have nothing planned on the weekends, I'll probably stay in bed at least another hour to play on my phone. The time I save on my work commute/routine means more sleep time!

Back