• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

does anyone else dislike summer

Years
  • it's getting hot and humid here and i rly don't like it, i am suffering in the house right now even with the ceiling fan ;_; don't wanna turn the ac on since it's not even june yet
    anyone else hate summer

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • When I was younger, I've always loved summer. Nowadays, I just don't care for summer at all; spring/autumn ftw.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I actually enjoy summer for the most part. Yeah, it gets a little hot, but after my seasonal depression ends and the sun and warmth come out to fuel me, I welcome the heat

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I hate summer with a burning passion, because I don't like the sun or getting tan. I don't care about heat at all, but I hate being out in the sun. It's not summer yet, but I dread the day it comes every year.

pkmin3033

I see what you did there.

Anyways, I loathe summer. Most would say I have it relatively easy, because summer temperatures here generally don't rise beyond 30 degrees (86F for you Americans) but...well, I live in the UK. Temperatures here for most of the year don't go beyond 18 degrees. As soon as it hits 20 degrees I'm uncomfortable, and 23-24 is hell. 25+ and I'm close to tears because I cannot cope. Nights are the worst because my neighbourhood is horrendously noisy (there's a factory across the street that has a generator running pretty much all night) so if I want to stand even a chance of sleeping I have to have my window closed...in hotter temperatures that's awful.

Plus nothing ever happens in summer - video game releases are usually saved for the end of the year, so between June and September there are usually only two or three to look forward to. Meaning it's a long, hot, uncomfortable wait for Autumn.

Years
  • Anyways, I loathe summer. Most would say I have it relatively easy, because summer temperatures here generally don't rise beyond 30 degrees (86F for you Americans) but...well, I live in the UK. Temperatures here for most of the year don't go beyond 18 degrees. As soon as it hits 20 degrees I'm uncomfortable, and 23-24 is hell. 25+ and I'm close to tears because I cannot cope. Nights are the worst because my neighbourhood is horrendously noisy (there's a factory across the street that has a generator running pretty much all night) so if I want to stand even a chance of sleeping I have to have my window closed...in hotter temperatures that's awful.

Plus nothing ever happens in summer - video game releases are usually saved for the end of the year, so between June and September there are usually only two or three to look forward to. Meaning it's a long, hot, uncomfortable wait for Autumn.

I often forget that people have different tolerances with heat dependent on where they live. I would kill to have 23-25 degrees right now. Maybe then I'd actually be able to put a shirt on without sweating through it (Highs of up to 38 over here yipee).

Anywho, coming from a guy living in the tropics, screw summer. It's literally all we have + rainy season (sched's messed up now too thanks to climate change). I dream of having colder temps for once. My sweaters and jackets have been laying unused for how many years now.

Years
  • I don't mind the Summer days in the lower 30s. Those days are fairly pleasant. But fuck the increasing number of Summer days we're having that are in the range of 37C-42C.

Years
    • Seen today
    It's a love hate relationship for me.

I love the activities that you can do in the Summer, but humid weather (especially stepping out into it) feels gross for me. So hot weather I don't like.

I also love air conditioning. Even in class rooms I like finding the air vents and sitting near them.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Summer in Australia is a nightmare temperature-wise but I find it a lot better now that we have air conditioning! Being in Australia where it can get to 35 degrees + during the summer definitely does build up tolerance to heat though - 30 or under is fine for me completely nowadays. These past few years we've been in the Northern Hemisphere during the summer (where it's winter during December) and I can never get used to freezing overseas so I even find myself missing summer back at home on those occasions :p

Josef

Currently playing Let's Go Pikachu
    Years
  • yeah i just noticed a few days ago that it's getting hotter out. here in hawaii it's hot all year but the summer months really are just annoyingly hot.

although i'm not complaining--- i know the people of say, arizona or nevada have to endure several months of living in an inferno. bless them.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Nope, I absolutely love summer and I am so happy it's soon here again!

I'm miserable every winter.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I do! ;w; I live in Arizona, and we get dry heat... but it's still so hard to deal with. It gets up over 100F during the summer. oh god it's so awful i hate it so much ugh. I prefer cold weather over hot because I was born and raised in Maine.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    It used to be that winter was pretty cool. But then it got warmer.

And then summer came.
    It used to be that I could sleep at night. But then it got warmer.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • I love summer vacations because I have a ton of fun but as a season? Hmm...not really, I love Spring and Monsoon more. Summer is rather hot here, and temperatures can reach 40 + degrees (Celsius) for consecutive days.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Ya. Very hot and humid in my part of the province. Once mid-to-late July hits, forget it, the climate is awful up until about mid-September.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I LOVE the summer because I can finally do things outside and wear shorts. I grew up not having AC and having to use box fans so I'm use to melting. xD

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I hate summer so much. I also hate Spring, because although the stereotype is that Spring is supposed to be nice, in between cold and hot, it trends toward hot where I live and pretty much is just Summer plus severe thunderstorms with the threat of tornadoes. I get depressed leading up to and during Spring.

November - February is the time of the nicest weather where I live.

I wish I could just hibernate and be waken up the next day the highs are in the 50s and below.

Back