• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thought Forms

Years
  • Do you find yourself reminiscing more towards your past, or do you spend more time thinking towards the future? Also, are these thoughts usually more positive and uplifting or negative and distressing??

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I tend to do both quite often, so I can't say I dwell on one more than the other. I like to take experiences from the past and apply them to the present in the hope that they'll help me make better decisions going into the future. :)

Though when I look to the past it's often in a negative light, often with lines like "I should have done that" or "I shouldn't have done this." However when I look to the future it's more like "I will do this" and "I won't let that happen," so as a result these thoughts are usually much more positive. ^_^

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    my thoughts are a good mix of both, although neither has been particularly positive for me. thinking about the past brings up unnecessary feelings that can get out of hand really quickly, while thinking of the future just gives me unnecessary anxiety

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • The future. My past is bad so I don't want to think about it. The future is bright and positive for me.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Oo I like this thread.

After thinking about it, I think it's safe to say the future definitely crosses my mind more than the past. And it's usually rather negative. I'm worried about paying bills, getting a job, and the like. I don't really have anything to look forward to.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • I do both. I look back to see where I was, look at the present to see where I am now, and also a peek at the future for planning.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I do a lot of both, but mostly towards the future. When I think about the past, its usually negative, but when I look to the future its usually positive.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i used to think a lot about the past and i still do but i also find myself thinking about the future and what i want to do. my thinking of the past is mostly negative, as many, many negative things happened to me in the past that i associate it with. the future is..half and half. sometimes negative and sometimes positive.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    More of the future but whatever the direction, the anxiety attacks remain.

Years
  • I tend to have realistic thoughts about future, but i'm trying to stay with the present as much as possible and only think about the closest future, max one-two weeks.

Years
  • Always the future, because the past is what has shaped me into who I am today, and thinking about my past could perhaps change my thoughts on the way I am in the present day. :]

pkmin3033

It depends largely on what is going on in the future as to whether I'm worrying about that or looking back on my past and wishing things could be like back then, when I was only slightly less miserable. More recently I've been looking towards the future, though.

...but a positive thought? I don't have any reason to be positive.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I've actually tried to think more of the present. Both the past and future end up distressing me for various reasons. It's not easy though because I still think about either/or. It's really hard to determine what gets thought about more though.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • I constantly analyze my past to gain a better understanding of how I got to where I am. The more I learn, the clearer the picture becomes. This allows me to try and see where I'm going in the future.

So in short, both.

Edit: Oh, and it's usually a mixture of positive and negative. I like to be realistic.

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Forward thinking, illuminated by the past.

Usually it's fairly forward. The light of the past casts it's shadows surely, but that's life. I sometimes have to admonish my own brain for being a troll though and dredging up unrelated negative past things.

Back