• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your ancestry?

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
Years
So what is your ancestry? Who banged who that led to you?

I'm mostly Swedish, English, German, and Native American. All that being said I pretty much just look super white.

Bay

Years
My family came from Cambodia, though I have some Chinese and Vietnamese blood on my mom's side. Yay for being Asian? lol

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I'm Polish who lives in America. My grandparents were born in Poland and during the World War 2, my grandma was taken by the Russian soldiers and was put in a concentration camp when she was a teenager. My grandma escaped the concentration camp with her family and they took a boat to Argentina. My grandfather is also Polish and he met my grandma in Argentina and they moved to USA around 10 years later after the war.

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Australian and Austrian I'm sure of, then there's English, German, Russian, Czechoslovakian... some more that I'm forgetting!

Years
My family has been in Australia since at least my great grandfather. Originally my family are mostly from the UK/Ireland though.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Around half ethnically American. Whole mother?s side is a mix of 17th century pilgrim descendants that disembarked from the Plymouth colony ship called Fortune, and some Cherokee native, since my maternal grandfather was a quarter Cherokee. My maternal European ancestors were part of several Protestant offshoots that first settled the Rust Belt, similar to the Quakers and such.

I probably don?t have a long enough paternal ancestry here to say that I am more American ethnically, but in any case they were predominantly of Irish descent, being the first European settlers to flourish in Appalachia. So they were just a bit farther east in foggy seclusion from my maternal ancestors.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Apparently there was possibly some norweigan king somewhere in the 900?s whom I might have been related to. Other than that, 100% Swedish, it seems.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Apparently there was possibly some norweigan king somewhere in the 900?s whom I might have been related to. Other than that, 100% Swedish, it seems.
That's pretty cool! My husband has a similar ancestry, his great great great grandfather on his mother's side was the last king of Minangkabau in western Sumatra, during the Dutch colonial period. Effectively he was beholden to the Dutch, like his colleagues at the time, but he was a king nonetheless :P

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
my mom said i have a bit of native american, scottish, english (like uk and stuff) and possibly irish? we dont know the whole extent of my family tree on my dads side and stuff though

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Mum: Italy (VERY early, we can't really tell) >> Spain (1600s or so) >> Philippines (till 1960s) >> UK (present)

Dad: Holy Roman Empire (1500s) >> Hungary (till 1848) >> Poland (1848-1939) >> UK (1939-present)

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I don't even know... eventually. My family doesn't really look for where our roots are from, more-so who we are possibly related to. I should do some digging of my own tbh. I've always wanted to know, just never took initiative.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 29, 2019
I'm Polish who lives in America. My grandparents were born in Poland and during the World War 2, my grandma was taken by the Russian soldiers and was put in a concentration camp when she was a teenager. My grandma escaped the concentration camp with her family and they took a boat to Argentina. My grandfather is also Polish and he met my grandma in Argentina and they moved to USA around 10 years later after the war.

My father?s family history is similar to yours at a glance. However, even though I also had grandparents from Poland who moved to Argentina circa WWII, mine were actually ethnic Ukrainians who never planned to stay in Argentina. They arrived in October 1938 thinking they would do the same seasonal migrant labor their parents and neighbors did, but ended up living there due to the threat of German encroachment. Needless to say, they wouldn?t have been able to leave a year later. My dad was born there about twenty years later, but moved to the United States by the time he was seven.

Rambling aside, my dad?s side is Ukrainian-Argentine as described above, and my mom?s is mostly Irish and English.

Years
On my mother's side, my family is Russian and Ukrainian. My great grandmother was born in Moscow, whereas my great grandfather grew up in rural Ukraine, before moving to Kiyv and then eventually emigrating to Canada. My grandmother grew up speaking Russian as a first language and used to teach me certain Eastern Orthodox prayers in the language when I was young. Her husband, my grandfather, is Russian, Welsh, and English. I attribute my somewhat stubborn, rather loud personality to my Russian heritage. (My grandmother is very Russian, and she's the same way. Although, she's genuinely the loveliest woman.)

On my father's side, I have ancestry from all over Europe. My Grandmother is German, Austrian, Swedish, Norwegian, and Danish, with her grandparents being both born in Austria. (I attribute my natural pale blonde hair to my Northern Europe roots). My grandfather is Irish and English, his family originated in a place called Kilkenny, Ireland.Almost everyone on my dad's side has blue eyes, including myself. (Which is saying a lot because my family is very large, grandparents are devout Catholics who had 8 children, aha.)

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Living in the same street as my great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather. Generation after generation. So... I don't know really.

I know I have some French, Canadian French (quebec --> came from France probably, so again, French) and Irish.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
My great-grandfather was part Italian along with my Grandmother on my mom's side of the family (I'm also part German and Polish). On the same page, I know that my ancestors were winemakers from Italy that arrived in the US in the late 1800s.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Uhhh, I'm not really sure on all the European stuff. My grandfather is British, so I'm 1/4th that which is easy. Then I know my last name is Scottish as was a grandmother's maiden name, so I guess that's in there. Then there's probably some French because my other grandmother lived in a French community in Canada growing up. Aaand most of my family has been in Canada so long that we have M?tis status, so there's some aboriginal roots there too. Unfortunately, I've never lived in the area so I don't know anything about my aboriginal roots and it sucks. :( I'd love to learn more about the tribes in the area and their history but I don't even know where to start. (It's part of why I've never bothered trying to apply/ratify my M?tis status even though it could give me a lot of government benefits... I don't want to make it government-recognized when it still feels so impersonal to me.)

Back