• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

I consider myself to be more of an...

• Total voters

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Put simply, introversion/extraversion isn't about whether you're shy or not, or if you're quiet or loud --introverts gain their energy from themselves, and extroverts gain their energy from others. Further reading if you're curious.

Do you consider yourself to be an introvert, or an extrovert, or maybe in the middle - an ambivert?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Ambivert. I fall straight down the middle. Half of me wants people to be around, and another half wants to be alone.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
Im naturally introverted and I can be very shy sometimes, but when I'm with my small group of friends, I'm the total opposite.

I almost put ambivert because i have been a lot more social recently, but I think I'm more of introverted.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I suck at being both. I enjoy being around people I care about, but that list is small and only includes family and a very tiny list of friends. So around people I don't care about I guess I'm introverted, but thing is I want to be extroverted sometimes but I suck balls at it and sometimes I'm misanthropic. I'm just gonna put ambivert.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
Years
I suck at being both. I enjoy being around people I care about, but that list is small and only includes family and a very tiny list of friends. So around people I don't care about I guess I'm introverted, but thing is I want to be extroverted sometimes but I suck balls at it and sometimes I'm misanthropic. I'm just gonna put ambivert.

True

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I think I'm more extroverted - I gain energy from talking to people and generally feel more bored and lethargic when I'm left alone. I would much rather spend time hanging out with people than be by myself - I don't know when it became like that because that definitely wasn't the case before. :p

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Nah, I don't think I fit either description. I sometimes need to be alone and do my own thing with no interference in order to not get burned out, but I also often get tired and depressed when I've been alone for too long and I get more energetic when I'm being around friends a lot. I need people, but I also need my space. I'm rikavert.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Most of the time I'm on the introvert mode, even though I don't mind talking to some people when I wanted to. Come to think of it, at times I would be outgoing when talking about stuffs that I enjoy and all. But then, I would still need some personal space from time to time.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I've always known I'm way more introverted than extroverted, but I often find myself torn with this feeling of wanting to be more extroverted, but then when a moment of opportunity appears I find myself too uncomfortable to be extroverted. Which then brings me to another mindset where I'm torn on if me trying to be more extroverted is just me lying to myself and not being true to who I am or if it's just a challenge I need to overcome.

In recent years I know I've become more outgoing, more able to talk to people I don't know, and wanting to do more social things and actually doing them. I notice when I spend time with certain people I do feel charged up and full of energy, but in a large gathering of mainly people I don't know I feel drained and I want to get away.

Overall I feel torn on whether I should just accept that I am mainly an introverted person and that it is okay to be that way or that I should continually challenge myself to be more extroverted OR maybe I just need to find some kind of happy medium

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Definitely an introvert. I do interact some, but majority of the time... I prefer to keep to myself and such. I've always related more to an introvert than being any of the other two. I mean, it depends more on my mood if anything else. Don't forget that I'm also autistic... so I often have my moments.

Eh... I guess I could be an ambivert...

Last edited:
Years
Oh huh didn't realize that there was a word for being an ambivert, because that's how I feel I am. Like, I can be all outgoing around people I know and those who have introduced themselves to me and also be in their inner circles, but I don't really go out of my way to introduce myself to someone I don't know.

Years
Introvert fits me a lot more. I don't mind not actively going of my way to hang out with friends during my free time and enjoy being alone, but at the same time, going somewhere with someone I know/trust is fun and makes me feel accomplished at the end of the day.

Ambivert is also fitting. I'm chatty and outgoing around specific people at work that I consider friends. When it comes to doing things outside of work though, introversion wins. But we're planning to go to Koreatown here in NYC sometime during the next few weeks so there's that!!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
I more or less just want one person around in my life at all times, but more than that, no thanks. I can deal with people in short bursts, but would almost definitely rather be alone. So, yeah. Introvert.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I lean introvert, but with the right amount of balance, I'm ambivert.

Right now, I almost get no time to myself because my commute to work is very short, I work 5 days/week and come home to my retired parents' house, who are always home. Over the last month so, I've noticed that it's been driving me insane. Being with my parents, or at work, all the time is making me depressed. I need to find somewhere else to be.

Last edited:

Lesto

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 20, 2019
I lean introvert, but with the right amount of balance, I'm ambivert.

Right now, I almost get no time to myself because my commute to work is very short, I work 5 days/week and come home to my retired parents' house, who are always home. Over the last month so, I've noticed that it's been driving me insane. Being with my parents, or at work, all the time is making me depressed. I need to find somewhere else to be.

The same situation

Back