• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moving.

Years
  • Have you ever moved? How many times have you moved? Was was the nature of your move? How did it work out for you?

Also what are your current moving ambitions if you have any?

House, city, country...whatever!

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I've moved 10 times in total; 6 in almost as many years. The last time I moved was out into my own place, where I've been living for the past 4 months... about to make move #11 to another city soon. I already moved about 200 miles away from family, but I'll be moving back a little closer

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • My family moved around a fair bit when I was younger. I've lived in four provinces, east coast and west coast. I also moved away for university but it was only like an hour and a half from my parents' house(s) so it didn't feel like that much of a move.

Currently I intend to bum around one of my parents' houses as long as they will let me, assuming I can find a job nearby, because oof student debt.

I miss living on my own though. :(

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've moved many times. Where I live now, we've been at for roughly 8 years, and this is the longest time I've ever lived in one place.

When I was younger we moved every few years. I've lived all over this immediate area, even just moving a few streets over sometimes.

Years
  • Three times total, and likely going to move again this upcoming year.

It seems to be a thing to move once every other year. I've kinda gotten used to it by now, although I wish we would settle on something long-term.

Years
  • I have moved... probably 7 times in the past 9 years or so?

I moved outta my parents house for college in Fall of 2010, Moved back in Summer of 2011. Moved out Spring 2012, moved back in Summer of 2012 (yikes). Then, I moved out for good in Spring of 2015, and I have moved from a one bedroom apt to a two bedroom apartment in 2016 to a house (current) in 2018.

I don't think we'll be moving again, tbh. I love our house & location, and we've already put a lot of money into it as is.

Years
  • Twice, if you can call it moving. Temporary relocation, really. Both times were brilliant, but the last made for a very unhealthy lifestyle that would have seen me diabetic and half-dead by now. City living. Bleurgh. I basically just spent every day waiting for the cartoons to come on, and the remaining time was spent in the backrooms - playing video games and hurling remotes at screens. Red Steel and Smash Bros. Melee.
    Both times were necessary and personal.

My next move will be where the skyscrapers loom and the Ferrari's zoom. It'll be for as long as my degree lasts, and then I'm off to Hollywood to lie seductively on casting couches and get whatever the fuck I want.

Years
  • Moved from Ontario to Nova Scotia in 2017, actually wasn't too bad, just the drive was boring as hell and i couldn't do anything at all while driving through Quebec because my french is awful.

Years
  • I've moved a decent number of times but everywhere I've ever lived has been within 30 minutes of where I am currently. I'm fine with that because I really like the area I'm in. It's not fancy at all, the opposite if anything, but it's comfortable and familiar and very convenient.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I've moved about... eight times? if I have it all correctly. We moved from Arizona to Colorado when I was two. Then we moved a few times in Colorado until I was eleven when we then moved to Florida. I spent the next nine or so years in the same house, which was nice, but then family things happened and eventually we moved out of our bigger house into my mom's current home.

And then in 2016 my sister and i moved out of my mom's house into our own house. I like where I'm living right now despite the distance to anything other than a gas station or dollar general. It's quiet and we have a nice yard for the animals to relax and play in. Despite the idea of leaving Florida being nice I don't think I'll actually be moving again any time soon.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i think i've moved 9 times total. i moved a hell of a lot of times growing up so that was fun. the longest time we lived in a place was.. 4 or 5 years i think? something like that.

then we moved back to the south after i graduated (much to my dismay) because my mom wants to be closer to her mom and it's been absolutely horrible and i want to get out whenever possible for me.

Years
  • I've moved 4 times. Once when I was a child within the city. Twice out of the country and once as a move back to the family home between my international moves. I'll be moving out again in about half a year, again to the family home (which is more a hub than a home to me these days) for a few months to sort some stuff out before I'm off again.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I've moved so many times that I've lost count. Originally, I'm from Maine... but my dad decided to move me and my mom to Arizona for the better climate and such. So, we moved a few times in Maine before officially being able to move to AZ. Then, we bounced around AZ for a while until eventually settling down somewhere far off from the city or whatever after I graduated high school. I was actually born and raised in Maine until my early teens before moving to Arizona. Long haul, I know... lol.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • I'm the minority in this thread. I only moved once and I'm rather glad for it.

I was 10 ish and I didn't really adapt well. It's rather difficult to transition from Milwaukee, WI, to Arcadia, FL. Not only is the climate vastly different, but we went from a very large city to a small town nobody in the state seems to know exists.

Albeit I admit I've grown to like the serenity here, but we're planning to move to a bigger city in the near future. One half an hour to an hour away. Maybe Port Charlotte. Maybe Sarasota. Who knows.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Never moved, as of yet. My parents moved to where we currently live about 2 or 3 years before I was born and we have been here ever since - no complaints though it's a wonderful neighbourhood and the location of our house is very convenient!

Years
  • I've actually lost count how many times I moved growing up. I know that by 3rd birthday I had lived in 4 different places, and I remember there was a point where I went to 4 different schools in a little more than 3 years.

Since I moved out in 2014 though, I've only lived in two places, and I probably wouldn't have even moved to my current apartment if they weren't tearing down my old house. I don't think I'm going to stay where I currently am long term (since I was kind of rushed into a decision at the time), but hopefully the next place I move to is somewhere I can stay for a very long time.

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Probably 10-15 times. Though I've been at my current residence for over 10 years. The next time I move will be to move out on my own. I've been highly considering moving to another state completely though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I've only moved once and that was almost 2 years ago. We only moved about a mile away to an old people trailer park...lol. It's alright but I'm the sentimental type so I miss the house I grew up in. I'm pretty sure if I saw the changes the new people did to the inside of the house I'd cry.

Back