• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily PokéCommunity Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • oh man, my husband and I were talking about all of that stuff again, since we were getting prepped by our attorney for our immigration interview. it really sucks having to think back at how terrible college was for him :(

as far as me goes, i dont think i will ever attend, and the latest of many reasons for that are mostly to do with job procurement. it's easy to overlook or forget the biggest thing talent agents are looking for in hires, which they often call 'the candidate who's a good fit'. it sounds vague at first, but all it really means is that they want someone who's decent (not necessarily 'good') enough to do the job when that person is somebody they connect with on a personal level. considering a degree is already worth even less than the skillsets i have, i'm almost certain it's the last thing i need to get going and git gud. friends rule :)

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • ...I really hope no one on this forum hate's me for the drama that went on in the thread I made :(

It isn't my fault that people chose to be unpleasant. I was just trying to express something I believed in...i'm a good person, I promise.....

EDIT: Okay, i haven't read all the posts THAT carefully, but they seemed dramatic IMO....i know i'm a very sensitive person overall, so.....

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    ...I really hope no one on this forum hate's me for the drama that went on in the thread I made :(

It isn't my fault that people chose to be unpleasant. I was just trying to express something I believed in...i'm a good person, I promise.....

EDIT: Okay, i haven't read all the posts THAT carefully, but they seemed dramatic IMO....i know i'm a very sensitive person overall, so.....
    It's not your fault, and I doubt anyone hates you for making that thread.

Years
  • Nah no one hates you, so don't worry. LGBT is an extremely sensitive subject and there are bound to be people with opposing views who, intentionally or not, turn something into a heated debate. Don't worry about it--you were just trying to spread positivity, and almost all of us appreciate that =)

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • Thanks everyone :) I'm glad I didn't do anything seriously wrong. I don't know a lot what the LGBT community is like. I've been a pretty sheltered person, and I just wanna see the good in the world....

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    My best friend is gay and he said that the best birthday present he got was LGBT marriage legalized on his birthday.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Nah no one hates you, so don't worry. LGBT is an extremely sensitive subject and there are bound to be people with opposing views who, intentionally or not, turn something into a heated debate. Don't worry about it--you were just trying to spread positivity, and almost all of us appreciate that =)

I'm more upset it couldn't just be a mature debate. No one was arguing against the rights of gays (I sure wasn't) just the method of approach.

Disagreeing should not equal auto-drama. Aren't forums better with discussions and not just empty echo chambers? I feel so, anyway, only when respect is given to those who might think differently, extremely or not. Everyone's opinion should matter.

Too bad we couldn't do that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I'm more upset it couldn't just be a mature debate. No one was arguing against the rights of gays (I sure wasn't) just the method of approach.

Disagreeing should not equal auto-drama. Aren't forums better with discussions and not just empty echo chambers? I feel so, anyway, only when respect is given to those who might think differently, extremely or not. Everyone's opinion should matter.

Too bad we couldn't do that.

Only, it wasn't intended to be a debate. The purpose of the thread was to celebrate the LGBTQ community, if you wanted a debate you should've taken it elsewhere.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Only, it wasn't intended to be a debate. The purpose of the thread was to celebrate the LGBTQ community, if you wanted a debate you should've taken it elsewhere.

If it's a topic about something, expect lots of different opinions to come in.

And I doubt it would matter. Even in a proper debate topic, you'd still get lynched (dogpiled at the very least) for daring go against the popular majority.
    You only need to check out toxic sites like Tumblr for proof of that.

Last edited:

TY

Isn't there a whole different section where you can discuss and debate in peace ??

Reactions: Nah
    Years
  • If it's a topic about something, expect lots of different opinions to come in.

And I doubt it would matter. Even in a proper debate topic, you'd still get lynched for daring go against the popular majority.
    Check out toxic sites like Tumblr if you don't believe me.

Dude, you were being homophobic, that's not an opinion.
    If you can't accept that maybe lgbt people don't like homophobia then don't even post about it. Stop playing the victim.

Years
  • b4wF0LJ.gif

anyway how's everyone today? i hope we're all doing swell

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back