• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your favorite sea animals?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
I like killer whales

Spoiler:

For the longest time, I thought the white spots were actually it's eyes.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Seals, otters, turtles, dolphins?that kind of thing.

Most sea creatures terrify me!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Extinct marine animals are the best. They're mysterious and very similar yet different from today's animals, from another time of the Earth. Anything about extinct marine animals interests me. From the early cambrian multicellular life forms to the giant marine reptiles that lived with the dinosaurs, they're all wonderful. Life originating in the sea and the sea being home to so many diverse and cool creatures is why I find marine life more interesting to learn about than terrestrial life.

For modern animals, I'd probably go with sharks. I like how deadly and resilient they are, being on this earth longer than mammals and lasting this long shows how well suited they are to their surroundings and at hunting, the fact that they are made of . Many species are very harmless and peaceful to humans as well, like the whale shark. The ones that attack people are also by accident, most sharks aren't man eaters. Though I'd still be cautious and respectful of a great white if i swam with one.

I also like whales because they are smart and cooperative with each other, and they have emotions like us and can care for each other, while being the top predators of the ocean. It's cool how they evolved from some small land mammal and grew into the many gargantuan species today. I'd love to see a blue whale one day.

Years
Penguins. They are birds, but marine animals nonetheless. Watching March of the Penguins shaped my views as a youngster. I had a life-sized, stuffed penguin for years.

Years
I don't really have a favourite but there's so many cool ones. Sharks, whales, dolphins, octopuses, jellyfish etc etc. Octopuses or Orcas might edge the others out though I guess?

Years
Orcas, dolphins, seals, sea lions, and if they count as "animals" (they're certainly living things, I believe?) then I've always thought coral reefs were fascinating.

Sirfetch’d

I don't really have a favourite but there's so many cool ones. Sharks, whales, dolphins, octopuses, jellyfish etc etc. Octopuses or Orcas might edge the others out though I guess?

Octopus is my top one as well just because of octillery lmao.

I like sea turtles as well but mainly because of the cute one in Finding Nemo

Years
Octopus is my top one as well just because of octillery lmao.

I like sea turtles as well but mainly because of the cute one in Finding Nemo

I like them because they're extremely intelligent primarily, the camouflage and flexibility/compression are added bonuses. An octopus is capable of complex problem solving typically only seen in a handful of mammals. I wonder how much further the species could go if they had longer lifespans/didn't tend to die raising their young.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
Years
I've surrounded with shark plushies so maybe that tells something! I like octopuses too, they're so intelligent and look neat.

Back