• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you like your name?

Years
guess i'll finally answer my own thread!

my name irl is janna. people tend to mispronounce it a lot by saying it in a way that rhymes with banana which is incorrect, though i never bother to correct anyone anymore, haha. john-uh would be the proper pronunciation but if we were to get technical, it would be more like jean-uh (french way of pronouncing the letter j), which is how we say it in russian and how parents intended for it to be. it's a pretty and unique name, though a little bit more common over in russia than here in america where i live! though i'd be even happier if i were born with the name alice. :3c it's lovely!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I think Shawn is a good name! Like the urban dictionary online said the name resembles a good guy with a good personality, so I'm happy for that! I even sometimes prefer if people called me Shawn rather than Dragon, but oh well~

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
I think Ben/Achromatic ruined it for me a bit when he told me Karen sounds like the "let me speak to your manager starter pack" person

There's only one Karen-reference in my eyes:

giphy.gif

Years
My full name is a symphony, and I'm very fond of it. I typically go by my middle name, classic and old-fashioned, and a few playful variants of it. They allowed for no teasing, so in that respect I am extraordinarily fortunate. And it'll stick in the memory and be near impossible to confuse with anyone else's name - as a future actor, that is quite important.

If I were to legally change my name, which would be utterly disrespectful to my progenitors and ancestors, I'd switch it to Amsin Ridda. Fictional. My own. In fact, my online name may as well be Amsin. In fact... everyone here can fucking call me Amsin. Brilliant!

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Well, back then, I hated my name. I found it really strange and uncommon and no one I ever met until that point had the same name as me. :P As I grow up I started admiring it more, though. I don't really think much about it, but I surely respect my name and I could not imagine how it would be if I changed it.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
Benjamin is a really common name, but I like it. It has a nice ring to it.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Hmn, my birth name was pretty, i guess :3

BUT the name Jirachu is the best cuz its so kawaii and cute and happy and...:O fuuuuun :D

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I've always liked my name as Sophie sounds chill and it's cool being named after a book. Whether said book is any good or not, who knows :p

Years
I hate my birth name. In elementery school, I couldn't find anyone with that name. Then when I grew up, I found others with the name. I still hate my name. That name is...Rachel *cringes*

In 2017, I was asked to try out for a play, and I really admired the character named Holly. I didn't get the part of Holly though. :( Besides the point, if I were to ever change my name i'd change it to Holly.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
my irl name is Tyler, and I used to hate it. I wanted to change my name irl to Erik or Aidan.

But now I love it. I think it's fun.

My rl best friend is named that. :3 I don't see him very much, but I still think of him as my best friend. We were really close in Life Skills class~

My name is actually Kimberly, but I only allow family to call me that. I don't really mind my name or anything. It's just that Kimi has more meaning because that was part of my grandfather's last words to me before he passed. He used to call me Kimi a lot as well, and my mom used to hate it... so "Kimi" just has a lot of meaning to me. <3

Back