• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you like your name?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • I like my name. It is I suppose sometimes minorly problematic because people often mispronounce it (and I suppose subject to some teasing back in primary school, always fun =p), but I'm fairly used to the mispronunciations and it's easy to clear up.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I've got one of the common girl names.....Caitlin. So common that in my high school biology class we had 4 Caitlin's and three of us spelled it the same way. LOL!

If I could change my name I think I would change it to Molly or Madeline.

Years
  • Nope! People tell me its beautiful, but I think it is ugly and strange, which is why I shorten it to Sam. Did I have you guys fooled into thinking I was a Samantha? Kinda wish I was...

I would have loved a different name, but I don't want to go through the bureaucracy of having the name legally changed. Besides, it wouldn't make a difference, immediate family would still probably call me what they are used to.

If I had the opportunity I would change my name to Catherine or Rose, something subtle and classic. I'm leaning more toward the latter since roses are my favorite plant, and they hold special meaning to me because gardening is in my family blood. Roses in particular represent my grandfather, spectacular rose bushes were his speciality. He showered my mother in roses, and taught her how to grow them. He was an uncommonly kind, gentle soul. I love to cut roses every day because they remind me of my grandad. Its also is the best smell in the world!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm proud of my name. There were been many famous Johns that somehow change my country to be better and I aim to be another one.

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    My name is unique in my country, and not bad as well. I'm fine with it ~

au contraire, mon frere. i did get a say in my name, and i have to say im quite satisfied with it. couldnt be better
    I'm curious as to how that happened.

Alyssandra

in Wonderland
    Years
  • we don't get a say in how we are named [...]

Ehn, not true! I recently legally changed mine haha

... also means I love my name!

I like my name. It is I suppose sometimes minorly problematic because people often mispronounce it (and I suppose subject to some teasing back in primary school, always fun =p), but I'm fairly used to the mispronunciations and it's easy to clear up.

Can relate. Depending on who pronounces mine, I get the long or short /a/ vowel. I will clarify that it should be, indeed, the open posterior non-rounded /a/ and not the open anterior non-rounded /a/.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • I don't mind my name, but I prefer my nickname. For some reason though when I was in high school my softball coach and a few other people mistake my name to be Veronica when it's not lol. Another time when I was in college I was taking Italian and my professor used the Italian version of my name haha.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    My birth name is Adelina. I actually am rather fond of my name, it's feminine, and is rather distinct. It means "nobility" and it sounds quite European (apparently it was the name of my late great grandmother who resided in Russia, which I find fascinating.)

Last edited:

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • I really love my name. It's not common (or at least I rarely bump into another with my name). However, I admit it is mispronounced by the non-spanish speakers the majority of the time and as a result I actually look forward to their attempts.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I'm curious as to how that happened.
    Several visits to my local courthouse, being lucky enough to live in the state capital so it's not a massive PITA.
    I really love my name. It's not common (or at least I rarely bump into another with my name). However, I admit it is mispronounced by the non-spanish speakers the majority of the time and as a result I actually look forward to their attempts.
    ahhh, let me guess. it's really pronounced Puddiñg, is that right

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
    Years
  • My irl name is Billy after my dad and sort of after his dad William (Bill).

Years
  • There's a reason why I don't tend to go by my full name, at least among friends. I'm indifferent to it now but when I was younger I really did not like it that much. Like I hated the sound of my full name being said. Going by a short form is a decent compromise.

I've actually had times where I thought of what I could change my name to, but nothing else really seems to fit, so I guess I'm sticking with my current one.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • I would go for a rl name change to either improve its spelling or pronuncability.

My current rl name sometimes causes readability problems for/due to computers.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I've always liked my name! The only problem I've ever had with it is adults accidentally calling me Sophia all the time. Other than that I can't think of a name I'd rather have. :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    My name is really nice, in Swedish d: in English, I greatly prefer my nickname: Rika. I identify with it just as much as with my full name, if not more. In a way, this nickname is a name I've chosen. Maybe that's also why I like it so much.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I don't like my birth name.

Its long and very feminine, and I identify more as male, and definitely don't fit with such a fancy name. Lol

I much prefer that ppl here call me Drew, and for the rest of the online world for about ten years I've gone by Sho after it stuck at some point.

Years
  • Angelica is a cute name, and I greatly prefer it to the shortened Angie version but people call me the latter anyway.

I'm neutral towards the nickname, I just like the full name better.

Back