• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you like your name?

Years
  • we don't get a say in how we are named, and thus some people might end up not liking the name they were given at birth. how do you feel about your name? do you like or dislike it? if offered an immediate opportunity to change your name, would you? if so, to what?

Years
  • For those that don't know, my name is Michael. I'm fine with it, but it is a bit too common. If I could change it, I would choose something more unique and less common probably.

Years
  • Not my birthname because my parents, for some reason, decided to give my brother and I names that haven't been used since the 50s
    Plus it was always a source of people's bullying me, making fun of my name

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • My birth name? As it's a female name.... no. Not really. I don't go by my birth name anywhere outside of my home & at community habitation. I'd change it legally to Kory if I could, but legal name changing is very expensive, you know? =/

Years
  • My name is John and I don't really like it. It's too short and it's extremely common. But it was important to my parents for me to have a 'normal' name as kids can be very cruel in the playground and I am grateful to my parents for thinking about that when choosing my name.

I do wish my name was less typical now that I'm older though. But I won't ever change my name. It wouldn't feel like it was really my name if I gave it to myself. If you offered me a chance to change the past then maybe I would though.

Devil in the Mirror

We Stitch These Wounds
    Years
  • I hate my legal name, at least when it's applied to me, but my real name I like just fine. I mean I chose it, after all, it's actually me.

Years
  • I have a common name but I like it. It feels very "me" for some reason. No idea why because the meaning of the name doesn't fit me at all.

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't like my name. I feel like it's too generic.

Especially because it's one of those names that automatically comes with a nickname.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • my birth name? no. i go by it still at home and school and in public because i live in the south and coming out as not as my assigned gender at birth would get me ridiculed, so.

everyone on the internet though calls me skylar and my boyfriend's family members do too. makes me feel nice. i do plan on changing my name legally though at some point. not exactly sure when.

Years
  • my irl name is Tyler, and I used to hate it. I wanted to change my name irl to Erik or Aidan.

But now I love it. I think it's fun.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    my irl name is Tyler, and I used to hate it. I wanted to change my name irl to Erik or Aidan.

But now I love it. I think it's fun.
    What made you hate it before?

Years
  • What made you hate it before?

I thought it was super plain and boring. My last name is also MEGA common, so with that in mind...I wanted to change my full name to Aidan Nesbitt. (Nesbitt is a family name on my mom's side)

But now I just accept that my name is what it is.

Last edited:

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • My name is Michel (As many of you know) and I like it! My only problem with it is how much it is mispronounced, even here. It's not the first time I have been called ''Michael'' or ''Mitchell.''

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I want to change my name to Dominic. I've always liked that name. Plus, I can still be called Nick.

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
    Years
  • I am satisfied with my legal first name being Nick (which could be argued as a Nickname). Besides, I have a Nickname that keeps my name rather interesting.

Back