• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

headphones

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    let's see how many people i can agitate with my choice of thread icon

I'm thinking of getting a new pair of earphones for exercising and everyday out and about use. I'll likely not get "headphones", the big ones that go over your head, I mean. In-ear is my passion. Currently using Airpods which work perfectly fine except the scare when I randomly bump and drop one of them and also the fact that they don't cancel any outside noise whatsoever...

What do you use? Any particular likes or dislikes in brands? You may mention both your gaming gear and any other earphones you have ofc ;) For gaming, I use Steelseries Arctis 7, actually. Works fine even if the sound isn't the greatest thing to ever touch my ears.

Years
  • let's see how many people i can agitate with my choice of thread icon
    thanks for giving me the idea to change it

I use a pair of Skullcandy over-ears that are Bluetooth-enabled, or in cases where I want to be a little more portable and am not exercising, a pair of Apple EarPods (the wired kind they used to make/sell). I would personally say go with over-ears if you are going to exercise, that way you don't risk losing them or have to constantly put them back in.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • well you failed to agitate me bc up until recently i had a pair of beats that i really liked lol my sister got them for christmas but wasn't using them so i just kind of swiped them from her room and i had been using them for like 5-6 years idr exactly. they completely crapped out on me this year and now i'm just using the standard pair that came w my new iphone. i hate them lol if this is how airpods feel in your ear, then good fucking god i do not want airpods. i don't think i would want wireless buds anyway bc i'd be afraid of losing them. also people can't tell you're using them if there's no wire lol. i think someone in my family is going to get me some tho bc they were on my list and my mom asked for more details. so ready to ditch these apple ones...they literally leave my ears sore.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • I use a Sennheiser game Zero in general really, have used it for years now and always had great sound... mic was sometimes a bit iffy but oh well.

for daily travel n stuff I have used countless different earbuds from different brands, as long as they can play music im ok with it :D

Years
  • I use over ear ones, earbuds just feel strange to me and are more harmful to your ears.
    I don't really care about brand, honestly you're more buying the name than anything else.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, I know in-ears harm your hearing more... I don't really use loud volume though c:

My ears hurt pretty quickly when I use over/on-ear headphones, unfortunately. I have to take breaks when gaming or writing sometimes just to get the headset off for a while ahah. Which I suppose is good d:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I have the Shure SE535 Sound Isolating Earphones, it's quite an upgrade from the old earbuds that came with my iPad mini 2. :') Expensive, but they block out so much noise and they're comfy with the right tips, so I can have volume on the very lowest level and hear the music perfectly fine. And louder volumes do sound amazing!

I can't wear over-ear headphones, like those big gaming ones because they give me a headache and hurt my ears. :(

Years
  • i was a big fan of over-ear headphones back in the day, but i sweat too much when i wear it because of how hot the leather can get. if someone can give solutions i'd be glad to get back into it, but for now i'm happy with my basic xiaomi earphones i got for like 5 bucks online lol.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've been told the Airpods Pro are really nice and don't fall out as easily, plus they have much better noise cancellation. I'd maybe peep at those if you're wanting to stick to Apple. Otherwise, most earbuds tend to have noise cancellation technologies, be it Bose, JBL, Sennheiser... I think the OnePlus Buds Z also have it. Without knowing budget I couldn't recommend a pair though, nor would I have any personal recommendations because I prefer over-ear headphones because buds bother me.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I needed a wireless headphones for the gym while listening to music and listening to press conferences and meetings for work. I bought a generic one call the iJoy Wireless Headphones for $17 from Amazon and has amazing sound.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    The best pair I've ever had and still use is a pair of Sony headphones. I'm very big on over the ear because putting them in my ears just hurts to much for me. Not only that I have Tinnitus which I most likely got from in the ear headphones cranked all the way up during my middle school and high school years. Whoops. Not only that but I can wear them around my neck and have them cranked up so I can still hear my music but still interact with the outside world if need be.

Years
  • I use headphones A LOT. Probably way too much tbh.

I was a Sennheiser girl for many years but my last pair (550 PXC II) became unbearable to wear after I was diagnosed with a brain condition. The clamping was just far too tight and they hurt so much that I gave up music for a while. All my Sennheisers over the years had a very similar fit.

I tried a pair of bluetooth buds after my head issues but they gave me BPV so I gave them up and went back to over ears. I can't help you much in that department.

I have a pair of Anker Q20 noise cancelling headphones which are astonishing for the money but they have way too much bass for me and the NC aggravates my head issues so I just keep them as backup. The new model is apparently not as good. Their buds are probably of a similar high standard and might be worth a look.

Convalescing for months without music was just unthinkable for me so I treated myself to a pair of Bang & Olufson H7 bluetooth over ears when they were on sale. They have no noise cancelling and are the most comfortable cans I've ever worn by a very, very, very long way. The sound is also absolutely sublime, even over bluetooth. They are the first headphones that I haven't needed to equalise.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • i have a headset i use which is just a cheat pair (might get a better pair later on, or just get a good mic and a pair of headphones from skullcandy or whatever) but I have the Beexcellent GM-1 which i think its just some cheap chinese headphones now that i look at it. (i only linked it because ik probably hardly anyone has heard of this headset)
    For phone wise i use to use some skull candy sesh, which i enjoyed but i had the biggest issue of them always falling out of my ears. Because of that along with i just felt like it mostly, i upgraded to the Skullcandy Indys Evo, they come with hooks to fit into your ear nicely and have not had the issue of them falling out since and they sound just as great imo. (though the mic could be better) they do what i want em to do which is bring nice music to my ears and they deliver imo.

Years
  • im at a point atm where im shopping for headphones and it's a major pain in the ass. >.> leaning earbuds because im planning to go to work with them, but finding good earbuds with decent bass is... challenging for me. or maybe im being a tad unrealistic?

i was going to go with the sony WF-1000XM3s (sony get a better name scheme pls), but im unsure if it's worth waiting for the XM4s which are likely to come out this year. x.x decisions, decisions.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • Ah yes, a good reminder to get new ones.
    My current earbuds didn't last very long. I was playing Arcaea when the sound on the left one went almost completely silent. (Wasn't very helpful since it's a rhythm game and I need to hear the music, but whatever). My brother found a pair of apple earbuds and he gave them to me. They lasted for a few months, then they started glitching. They would pause and play the music, or skip between songs and I wouldn't even be touching them. Had to switch back to the other earbuds and now the left side sounds fine and I can hardly hear anything on the right side. Ironic. Also there's something weird about the cord on the left earbud. It's shorter than the right one, and the outer layer of the wire is "bunching up" (don't really know how to describe it).

Whoops, that got a bit too long. I've never had a pair of over-ear headphones, only earbuds. Honestly though I don't have that much of a preference of one over another, as long as it plays music at a reasonable volume.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Call me a filthy casual if you will, but I love and reliably use Apple's normal earbuds. You shovel out $19 dollars and get better sound than I've experienced with other brands, and the little remote towards the top of them is handy. I'm so used to it that when I tried wireless / airpods I kept reaching for the controls and I had none. asjdhfs I'm aware that the really good ones have controls when you tap / remove them from your ears, but my hands are often in water / have stuff on them when I'm blasting music, and I just don't wanna... do that.

I used to have really big, wonderful noise cancelling headphones. They were a gift, and were really pricey at the time, but even the sound in those weren't as good tbh.

Aesthetically, I love headphones, but they're so heavy. I imagine the Beats are comfy, but --- no.

Back