• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature Rules & Check Thread

Years
It appears for me. Are you sure it just wasn't a hiccup on whomever's server the image is hotlinked from?

Seems like you're right. I replaced the link. Thanks :)

It appears for me. Are you sure it just wasn't a hiccup on whomever's server the image is hotlinked from?

EDIT: disappeared again

What I suggest you do is take the images and reupload them to imgur or any other image-hosting site so that they don't go down whenever the server its hosted on goes down.

Can you see it now?

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Just changed my sig again is it within the limits? I already resized twice but wanna make sure :)

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
CSS width% is not allowed.
In addition to the above, and to simplify CSS for everyone -- sorry CSS-wizzes -- CSS width in percentages is not permitted. It should be noted that all staff members have the ability to view the code in your signature, and if it's found to have a width% value, it will be disabled.

Just wondering why this isn't allowed, as it's not very clear.

Given the context, it seems to be disabled because it prevents people from circumventing the 600px rule, but it also hinders our ability to style our signatures for use cases that do not fall under this brand.

I once had my signature tagged because I'd used a width: 100%; on an internal div to lay a color filter over my signature. I worked around it with a position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; right: 0; bottom: 0; but it felt really unnecessary.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm pretty sure browser compatibility doooes have something to do with that rule. Not all browser versions support CSS% tags...which, using the wrong kind of browser on PC will pretty much distort the current page where your signature was posted.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
Maybe back when the rule was created it was so. But nowadays you won't see a page without percentages, and it's thoroughly supported in every major browser. As a web developer, I use percentages all the time. MDN tells us that there's been support since Chrome 1, Safari 1, Firefox 1, and IE 5. Maybe we could amend this rule?

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Changed my signature's height.
I just want to make sure that it's within limits.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
You're gonna have to make it a little smaller. It's a bit too big as it is right now.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
There. I took out whatever text I could. If I make the image any smaller, it will be hard to read it then. Seriously, this image means more to me than the look of my signature right now. :(

Is it fine now? ;o; PLEASE SAY IT'S OKAY. *ready to cry*

Years
There. I took out whatever text I could. If I make the image any smaller, it will be hard to read it then. Seriously, this image means more to me than the look of my signature right now. :(

Is it fine now? ;o; PLEASE SAY IT'S OKAY. *ready to cry*

Nah, it seems fine now. =)
It's 800 pixels wide, which is 200px above the maximum width limit, just so y'all know. :/

Is my signature fine and without a problem?
Yes, yours is fine! :D

Back