• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

i hate sleeping on my stomach

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I hate having to sleep on my back. It is the most uncomfortable position and when I had surgery for my pacemaker I had to sleep on my back for at least a week. I'd rather be shot...lol.

Years
    • Seen today
    I like sleeping elevated, most of the time leaning against a window.

I don't have a least favorite, however there's certain aspects about sleeping I avoid. I don't like any noise or any lighting. I prefer facing a wall rather than looking into the room. It's a strange fear of mine that I'll wake up and see somebody I don't recognize.

The weirdest part is that even with all my preferences, I can fall asleep anywhere. I had issues staying awake in class, (which had gotten so bad they called a parent meeting...) and I fall asleep on busses all the time.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I can't sleep on my stomach and I don't understand how anyone can. Don't you need to, like, breathe?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I have to sleep somewhat elevated because I might drown in my drool at some point in the night...lol. I use to sleep like people do when they're sick but I've gotten better with not sleeping that far elevated anymore. As for which side I sleep mostly on my right and sleep better looking out into the room. I have to have some music because of the ringing in my ears and I can't stand to have my windows covered. Me and the cats like to watch out the window.

pkmin3033

On my back, which is how I usually wake up, so I guess my unconscious body disagrees with my subconscious mind which absolutely refuses to shut itself off if I try sleeping on my back.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    I can't sleep on my stomach and I don't understand how anyone can. Don't you need to, like, breathe?

completely agree, I don't know how that's comfortable. I think I only slept like that once when I was dead tired and pretty much just collapsed on my bed and fell asleep immediately, and I wouldn't repeat the experience. Maybe I'm missing a technique or something because I have friends who sleep on their stomachs somehow but I never could get used to it.

Years
    I used to play on my DS under the pillow, so I'm used to sleeping on my stomach. Can't do it as much anymore because chest, though. I hate sleeping on my back. Whenever I try to sleep on my back, I end up rolling over on my side. I'm a side sleeper now.

Years
    I struggle laying in any position other than on my right side lmao. I can sometimes do left in a pinch. Back or stomach though? Fuck that shit.

Years
    Stomach and back. If I lay on my back I get painfully bloated after mere seconds. Stomach just feels weird.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Probably stomach. I can never fall asleep in that position. Makes my neck hurt and I dont know where to put my arms. lol

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I usually sleep on my back or my sides. Never on my belly/stomach. I just can't sleep like that.

We're a rare breed according to this thread so far. Side sleepers unite! Specifically, people who sleep on their side so they can hug a body pillow. :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm mostly a side sleeper, yeah. Sleeping on my back is comfy but I always feel odd when i wake up.

Years
    i... don't really have a least favourite one?

am i weird for sleeping alright in like, any position?? i toss and turn until i eventually land on a position and then i sleep. sometimes it's back, sometimes it's stomach or side. i suppose sleeping on my stomach can be kind of annoying, but i make do with it.

Years
    My sleeping position is dictated by my brain and neck issues these days, but even before that, I could never understand how people can sleep on their stomach.

I'm not even keen on sleeping on my back, but I do sometimes end up in that position during the night.

I vastly prefer sleeping on my side, with the left side easily being my favourite :)

Back