• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★☆ The Incredibly Wandering Thread ☆★ [v5.0]

Years
    • Seen today
    I made a generic greeting thread when i joined in 2017.

I'm sure it got a few responses, but the only one I remember was from "tokyodrift".

Last edited:
    Years
  • i miss my old intro thread. one of the few things i miss from having most of my posts deleted. :c the way i've typed was so... different to now, too. u_u the people who welcomed me though i think are long gone, now.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    iirc at the time there was a stickied thread in the section where you could introduce yourself without having to make a whole ass thread just for yourself and so I posted something short in there

pretty sure it was Shawn (Dragon) who greeted me first

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I made a thread but didn't really pay much attention to it for whatever reason. I do remember Sheep telling me about the rules and stuff, though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I too typed very differently from now d: I wasn't very good at English back then. It was 183994 years ago, to my defense.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Maybe they mean they've never seen a wandering thread before ^^

Years
  • I was gonna steal this for another section, and you sniped me from another area I staff... there's gotta be some kind of law against that! 😅

The wandering thread in VPP, this should be good!

Let's talk peeps!

Years
    • Seen today
    I tried VPP briefly and forgot it existed.

Although I do recognize the hard work that goes into it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I returned to PC some month ago and recently decided to raise VPPs again c: mostly keeping track of it now hehe

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I can see keeping track as being a little bit cumbersome. Especally when you accumulated a lot of VPPs/points. I don't want to know how many times I miscalculated something... I also always forget to check how long it takes for my current VPP to be done.

And I'm almost at that point again. At least it means that I'll be done with another challenge soon.

Years
  • Adding VPP's to my stats does require a decent chunk of time since I'm keeping track of a lot of stuff to make sure I claim stuff on time xD (though I do sometimes purposely postpone claiming things too if I got too many VPP's between legendaries/next master for example)
    As for when I'm raising a VPP, I just tend to remember a rough number and then check back in my stats when I've reached that to see how close I am ^.^

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    That's why I always post them in my signature because I'm OCD when it comes to keeping track of my Pokémon and what I'll be able to claim next.

Years
  • I can see keeping track as being a little bit cumbersome. Especally when you accumulated a lot of VPPs/points. I don't want to know how many times I miscalculated something... I also always forget to check how long it takes for my current VPP to be done.

And I'm almost at that point again. At least it means that I'll be done with another challenge soon.

Yep Caite knows what's up. That's why I put mine in my sig too, even on mobile a quick flip sideways on my phone is all it takes to see where I am!

Even if I have something else in my sig at that time, I still keep a link to my stats, so one click and I'm there :)

You only have 34 posts to go btw... I wrote it down this time 😉

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Followed the lead on Virtual Pokemon Pet signatures. Made sense. Rarely checked the stats thread, even as a Followed Thread. Discovered how to do it well thanks to the Entertainment & Media Olympics signature badge.

Coincided with wanting something special for the puzzle Gourgeist, also. Preferred not to use the event's Pumpkaboo art for a Gourgeist. Remembered handheld digital pet art from years ago. Suited this perfectly. May or may not keep up new versions for every Pokemon. Designed it to not be too difficult, artistically-speaking. Racks up time animating it, though.

Last edited:
    Back