• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Gaming Challenge

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Day 12 - A game everyone should play.

The Misadventures of Tron Bonne. You will play it, and you will love it. If you can afford it. It's a cute, loveable game. And it's based around mega man without being too much mega man.

DerpyTails

PokeBrony
    Years

The original Rayman (PC or PS1 preferably), It's like what the back of the box says "One Trip and you're Hooked" and ever since, I've been a fan of the series

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    Day 12, A game everyone should play

When it comes to this one, for some reason I got to choose Thearhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call. Why go with this game? Well in this game, you score points by playing notes from more than two hundred songs from more than twenty titles from a series that has been around for nearly three decades. Plus after every song you complete, you get Rhythmia which is at certain amounts unlocks songs for the music player, crystal shards to unlock more characters, bylines and character art for your ProfiCard. Course this game also has Quest Medleys for more of a RPG feel and allows players to face each other online in Versus Mode.

Last edited:

Yukari

I really can't think of an answer for this one.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Picross! It's one of my favourite puzzle games and anyone can get into it. Whenever I get a new game, I get completely hooked for days until I've finished them all. If anyone here hasn't played one yet, they're super cheap on the 3DS eShop and there are online versions out there as well. Give it a try!

(Otherwise, the obligatory favourite games... please play Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, The World Ends With You, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Day 12, A game everyone should play

I really can't think of an answer for this one.
    I thought you were gonna say FF7 or something.

But I don't really have an answer either

Yukari

I thought you were gonna say FF7 or something.

But I don't really have an answer either
    If I were going to mention a game that everyone should play it would probably be a game that was great but had poor sales. Not a game that sold 9.8 million copies. Which is actually why I can't think of anything. :/

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Catching up!

Day 1 - Very first video game.

Super Mario. bros (NES)

This game I used to play with my Dad when I was five, but played a little bit on my own too, since I always loved to try and beat the levels from this, but it was pretty tough for me so I didn't get very far, haha. But still, great memories!

Day 2 - Your favorite character.

Some of my favourite video game characters include Yuri Lowell, from Tales of Vesperia, because he has quite the spoinky attitude when it came to situations, plus, he has quite the sarcastic side too, which is always cool. There's also Arietta, the Wild from Tales of Abyss, because she's really cute, and I'm really sad that she turned out to be a villain, because she had the potential to be a hero, and 'part of the hero group'.There's also Ange Serena, from Tales of Innocence, in which if you've played Tales of Abyss, you'll see that she's essentially a female Jade. Pascal from Tales of Graces, because she's just... crazy. There's also Pascal who's super, super crazy but you just gotta love her, haha.

Outside of the Tales series, (and I already said this on another thread) for the Sonic characters, I would say my favourite character from the Sonic series would have to be Tails and, well, if she counts, Wave the Swallow, because they're both pretty brilliant when it comes to technology. Well, granted, Dr. Eggman is also pretty brilliant and I like him too, but, I just... don't care for his personality sometimes. I just really like Tails's bright and happy side, with a strong desire to help his friends out with technology, and with Wave, you know -- she's someone that knows what she wants, and well, I do like her kind of "spunky" yet snobby attitude.

Link from the Legend of Zelda series has gotta be one of my favorites, too. Link may not be very talkative (honestly, I've never heard him say anything in any of the Zelda games that I've played so far), but for a guy his age, he's got a lot of skills. He's a master swordsman. He can handle any type of swords that you give to him pretty nicely. As long as he has a sword in his hand—even a wooden sword—nobody can get in his way. When it comes to using shields, he's also pretty good. Whenever he's holding onto a shield, his opponents always get a hard time trying to hits on him. He's able to run quite fast, and also has the ability to climb even the tallest mountains without breaking a sweat.

There's more, like Ibuki from Danganronpa 2, who is glorrriously insane, haha, but well, I prety much love the cast from Danganronpa 2 in general. :3

Day 3 - A game that is underrated.

Mana Khermia is an underrated game, I think. Granted, it's pretty old now, as it's a PS2 game and you don't see many people talking about it anymore, but, in my opinion, it's really up there in the RPG games! It has outstanding music, a coloruful cast of great characters, and the battle system is easy enough to understand!

Another mention is Rayman: Legends, because is quite underrated, in my opinion. It's a great game and has got stunning graphics, but not many people seem to play it. Rayman: Origins has to be a bit underrated as well.

Day 4 - Your guilty pleasure game.

Sakura Wars!

It's not the most popular game to say the least, but.. I think it's pretty addicting, haha. The characters you gotta love, and, eh, the battle system may be a bit iffy, and tough to understand, but, I personally think it's quite the fun experience! It only got released in Japan too, which it was tricky to understand everything, buuuut, I do love the quirky moments from this. <33

Day 5 - Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were).

Tricky one, but, I'd say Maya from persona 2:

Fun, Quirky, and likes to think positively! If nothing else, I'd say she's also like a small rolemodel, haha. But I do love her and I think she's great. :3

Day 6 - Most annoying character.

Oh, Marta, Marta...

I think you're really cute as a character but gosh darn your personality drives me up the waaaaaall with your lovey dovey nonsense and your constant "RATATOSK IS NOT A DEMON" bits: we get it already! Emil? Well, he was okaaaay, but, just needed to lose the apologizing bits! He was awesome towards the end of the game, though! Also Short-Haired Luke: pleeeease stop being down on yourself. Everyone loves you! And yes you destroyed a city; it wasn't ENTIRELY your fault!

Day 7 - Favorite game couple.

I'm honestly not into the whole video game couple thing, but, I always ship Yu x Yukiko from Persona 4, which I thought the two seemed really cute together! Sure, there's also Yu x Rise, but, I'm honestly more attracted with Yu x Yukiko, haha. Uhmmm, I guess also Chrom x the Female Avatar from Fire Emblem Awakening, since other than Chrom x Sumia I felt they were most appropriate together! Oh and Hector x Lyndis, as well as Roy x Lillina. I know, the main shippings, but, I'm a fan of the basics!

Day 8 - Best soundtrack.

Phoenix Wright tracks FTW!

Like the Phoenix Wright games and their spinoffs are truly few of the games that I have enjoyed the most, in which the characters, the trials, even the music helps make everything evolve into like, y'know? Like, take a look at the different cornered themes:

For instance the first theme, "Cornered", has a very intense vibe to it, much like a heated battle between Defense and Prosecution. Phoenix at this point is a greenhorn to the world of law, so his young strong spirit overrides during court, believing firmly in what he thinks is true and right. Rightfully so, this theme sometimes played when Phoenix was on the ropes, because it evoked that the battle was still going strong and hard.

The second theme is a lot more tense and serious. Seeing as Phoenix has grown a bit, this matches his demeanor, as in the last case he has to question himself about what is the right choice, as well as why he stands in court. He also comes to the startling realisation that he trusts the prosecutor, and that the court isn't just some battlefield to duke it out, it's a place where both sides fight to discover the truth. Fittingly enough, the name of the theme is "Questioned".

The third theme, "Caught", gives a bit more of an over-bearing tone, as if the truth that Phoenix is pursuing will lead to a great revelation about the past that's deeper than he realises. A past that's been hidden from him for years, and now it comes back to haunt him. The slow start of the theme sort of acts as a metaphor for Phoenix/Mia slowly grasping what's going on and then slowly but surely they form their counterattack and win back the reins.

"Overtaken" returns back to the hotblooded-ness that the first and amplifies it, given that Apollo is a lot more fiery in passion (comparing their debuts, he was younger than Phoenix). The situations that he's thrust into were great in challenge yet he relished them and struck for answers, giving the "punchy" effect.

Because it's Edgeworth's pursuit theme, "Lying Coldly" had a lot more grace to it, complementing his gentlemanly demeanor. It sounded very triumphant and one-sided to Edgeworth, mainly because Edgeworth tackles his arguments in a slower, more analytic fashion, thus creating a more compelling trouncing counterargument.

"Wanting to Find the Truth" was once again a very triumphant theme, but it also sounded as if Edgeworth was still searching for the deeper goal: The truth (which he does throughout the game). And once he finds it, the theme matched perfectly when he laid down arguments on why his opponent was wrong.

People have differing opinions on "Casting Magic", but I think it fit its game perfectly. In a world where logic does not exist, the characters in that game constantly throw accusations left and right about the unknown being a work of witchcraft and magic, logic being one of those things. The manic emotion in this song fits it brilliantly, coupled with the witnesses at the stand getting confused and squabbling with each other. When Phoenix and Layton step up to the plate to silence them with "a paltry set of words", they bring about a new kind of magic: The magic of rational thought. The name "Casting Magic" was very well chosen.

"Keep Pressing On" is another triumphant theme, and when you take into consideration the time Phoenix has had to think about returning to being a Defense Attorney (and the very clever things he did in Apollo Justice), this theme just slammed with that feeling of "he's back and as cool as ever". It made you feel like everyone was starting to believe in you, and if not you're going to have to make them, thus the name "Keep Pressing On". It also works with Apollo and Athena, now that they have the drive to work even harder now that their mentor is in full drive.

I also really like the Donkey Kong music from either Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Quest, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze because their music 'fits' in each of their level. Sometimes you get really calm and peaceful levels where you get really tranquil music that compliments that, and all you want to do is just sit back, and listen, like what Forest Interlude provides. Sometimes you get levels where you just want to get into it - like Grassland Grove, when you play 3-1 on Tropical Freeze. Gods, I was really into that level; it gave off a lion king vibe at first, which was really amazing how they did that, and I looove at the end of the level where they say Donkey Kong together; maaaaan, I cried! Sometimes you get really exhilarating levels in Donkey Kong, and of course, music compliments that, and how some of the OSTs in the Donkey Kong series are more fast paced and vibrant, which gives you a feeling on, you better hurry up, or else you'll lose! Ah, David wise is amazing. <33

Bravely Default is a game that has my favourite OSTs too. Well, it's a recently new game, but gods the OST in that game is amazing, especially the boss fight music like the OST, That Person's Name Is. Sometimes you get a silly vibe from these bosses, but wow, the music is really epic. Even the normal enemy fights are pretty easy going to listen too! They use a lot of guitars for their battle tracks, as you probably know already if you've played already, and even some of their overworld tracks like in some dungeons, and hey, even the world map, is pretty amazing.

In addition, some of my absolute favourite video game musics come from the Golden Sun series. They are addicting to listen to, and the tunes are just... amazing for the GBA. Another series that have amazing tracks in my opinion are the ones from Fire Emblem, since they can range from mystic, to suspenseful, to just silly, which I find are refreshing!

Day 9 - Saddest game scene.

Ahhh.. when Ion died in Tales of Abyss. With the music playing there, it always hits me, every time. D:

Day 10 - Best gameplay.

The gameplay from Tales of Xilla and Tales of Xilla 2 is pretty fun for me! Well, the battle system anyway; like you can do soo much stuff with the characters, and pull off these sick combos with them! The joint mystic artes in ToX 2 is pretty amazingly well done too! Also, Tales of Graces is really fun and dynamic, for me actually! Like you'd get pretty used to the battle system, and it kinda forces you to play strategically to hit your combos more effectively!

Day 11 - Gaming system of choice.

Ah, I'm a sucker for the Nintendo 64~

How do I explain this.. everything about the system was just so pure, and fresh, you know? I remember playing it in my dad's old apartment and I used to play games like Super Mario 64, Dr Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Diddy kong Racing, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, etc, etc! Like it was a game system which anyone can just sit at home and play with friends; it had such fun memories!

I hiiiighly recommend Shovel Knight! Classic-feeling game where the gameplay is overall addicting, and you can even challenge yourself by making some challenges for yourself, to try and beat your hi-score, etc. I think it's around 14.99 on the eShop and on Steam, so, if you have some money around, you can pick it up, if you'd like! You won't regret it, imo. :3

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Day 12 - A game everyone should play - Lollipop Chainsaw

Created by Suda 51, this game is way out there in story, which makes it all the much better. It's about a cheerleader who must face the armies of the dead in order to save her boyfriend...and the world! Have I entranced you into playing this yet? All and all it's a very fun, fast paced game that has an amazing soundtrack, awesome boss fights, and funny dialogue/banter between the two main characters that it was an all around fun game for me to play. It was one of those games that definitely fell under the radar so definitely check it out if you ever get the chance!​

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Day 12 - A game everyone should play

Shenmue for the Dreamcast solely because of how unique it was and still is as a video game. I've yet to find another game that just immerses you in its world with the realism and detail on the scale this game does. The game was ahead of it's time in just about every aspect, but because it was on a ill-fated console, it simply became a cult classic that will probably remain unfinished.

One of my all time favorite games. :D

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Day 12 - A game everyone should play

I don't know anyone who doesn't enjoy the Super Smash Bros series. Even if you don't know the characters, you're bound to find someone you think looks neat and start to enjoy playing as, and then you might get into their series that way. Super Smash Bros Melee in particular got me into The Legend of Zelda. You can't go wrong with any game in the series, so I'd say they're all equally up there in "you gotta play this"-ness.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Day 12: A game everyone should play.

So I thought about this for quite awhile.. but I've finally decided: DLC Quest.

Spoiler for massive picture; too much effort to shrink.

Spoiler:

This game. This game. This is a stupid little gem that anyone and everyone can enjoy.

You are the nameless Player and you must save the princess. But nevermind that, we aren't here for the story. We're here for all of this game's many puns and dumb jokes; it pokes fun at so many popular series, and more importantly, microtransactions in games.

When you start you slide in one direction and that's it. You need to pick up coins to buy the Animation DLC, the Jumping DLC, the Audio DLC -- there is "DLC" for everything.

And seriously - it's frequently on sale for 74 cents, and any PC made after '95 should be more than capable of running it. You have no excuses not to play this. It's only a couple hours long, but you will not regret it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    There are simultaneously too many answers I want to put here and nothing I feel I can recommend everyone, so I'm just not going to think too hard about this one. :P

MINECRAFT

Not writing a wall of text today, everyone just get on the server now​

I get that it's not for everyone and even on this very forum, I've seen a lot of people say that it's boring and they don't like it, but still, putting this here. :P If building's not your thing, even just exploring can be fun, and some servers specialize in making game maps like Hunger Games or Diversity. It's really incredible what some people can do with this game - it's literally just a sandbox for anything. And it's a lot better when you play with friends, so again, get on the server already. :D

Sir Codin

I missed the first many days, so this post will be a catch-up:

Day 1 - Very first video game.

PC games count as video games as far as I'm concerned and this one was the first game I've ever played. Essentially the PC's answer to Sonic the Hedgehog, except Jazz is a fast rabbit with a gun going around killing fascist turtles. I wish this was on GoG.com, because it's been at least 15 years since I've played it.

Day 2 - Your favorite character.

Link from Legend of Zelda series.

The Ocarina of Time Adult Link is my favorite incarnation, though.

Day 3 - A game that is underrated.

The DIG is without a doubt one of my most favorite point-and-click adventure games ever, but it's pretty much a cult classic. Gamers and critics didn't quite know what to make of it the first time it was released, but nowadays it's been received in a more positive light.

Day 4 - Your guilty pleasure game.

Everyone likes to jump on the "overrated" train about this game nowadays, not realizing that back in the day, most of it's story elements and tropes were pretty cutting-edge. However, the game has not really aged very well, so it could use a remake. The reason this is a guilty pleasure mostly has to do with the fact that people nowadays tend to side-eye you if you admit you think this game is awesome.

Day 5 - Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were).

Commander Shepard of Mass Effect

You could either be a paragon of virtue or a complete asshole and both attitudes are way cooler than I could ever hope to be in real life.

Day 6 - Most annoying character.

Sir Anomen Delryn of Baldur's Gate 2

Lots of people pick Aerie, but I find her tolerable and adorable. Anomen, however, gets no such privilege. He's pompous, arrogant, overconfident, insufferable, vain, and likes to boast about how badass he is when it's clear he's not very experienced. I recruited him once and regretted it. Luckily, you can get him killed off, which is what I did.

Rest in Peace, Anomen. Good fucking riddance. Rot in hell, you ****.

Day 7 - Favorite game couple.

Can't really say. Probably Inigo X Cynthia in Fire Emblem: Awakening. Others include The PrinceXFarah from Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and I also ship Link X Malon for Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Day 8 - Best soundtrack.

For this one, I'm just going to list some games with soundtracks that I think are awesome:

- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    - Planescape: Torment
    - The DIG
    - DOOM
    - Icewind Dale 2
    - Quake II
    - Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
    - Brutal Legend
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening
    - Hyrule Warriors
    - Final Fantasy VII

Day 9 - Saddest game scene.

Spoiler:

Sue me, I can't really think of anything else.

Day 10 - Best gameplay.

The best real-time-with-pause combat system ever. All the Infinity Engine games use this combat system and it works great.

I also enjoy the gameplay from the N64 Zelda games, Bioshock, System Shock 2, and Eternal Darkness.

Day 11 - Gaming system of choice.

The Nintendo Gamecube

Best controller and plenty of killer games. The N64 was my first console, but the controller for it pales in comparison to the Gamecube's.

However, that's the best console. I'm undecided on best handheld, but I also really love playing games on PC.

Planescape: Torment

An extremely unorthodox game, let alone an unorthodox RPG. Even after over 12 years since it's release, the game's story, characters, setting, and themes feel like a complete breath of fresh air. Though the game's text-heavy nature may turn some off, give yourself a little tolerance for some reading and you'll find perhaps the best story in any video game ever. I can't really think of a better description for it than it's beginning TV Tropes paragraph, so here it is.

If you're looking for something avant-garde, this is it. Even if you aren't, it's still worth giving a try.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Day 13 - A game you've played more than five times

Tales of Symphonia: cleared 15 times
    Xenosaga Episode 1 and Xenosaga Episode 3: cleared 7 times each
    Grandia: cleared 6 times
    Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn: cleared 10 times

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Day 13 - A game you've played more than five times

Final Fantasy X - Countless times
    Digimon Card Battle - 7 or 8 times
    The Misadventures of Tron Bonne - Countless times
    Sim Theme Park - 6 or so times

Sir Codin

Day 13 - A Game You've Played More Than Five Times

I've done playthroughs at least once or twice a year since 2000. Never gets old.

Back