• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Gaming Challenge

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Day 11: Gaming System of Choice - Xbox 360

I have a lot of find memories playing Halo 3, Nazi Zombies, and Dead Space with friends that I chose this system; plus, the library of the Xbox 360 is pretty impressive.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Day 11: Gaming System of choice

I guess these days it'd be my 3DS. That's what I play the most these days. Haven't touched the PS3 in a while, only play a bit of Skyirm and PSO on the 360 and Wii.

But in the past it'd be a tie between my Gamecube and my PS2. So much fun times on those.....

if someone can get me a working wireless Dualshock 2 controller I will love you

Yukari

I can't say that I prefer one or the other more when it comes to consoles. They all have different games, their own pros and cons, etc. So, yeah.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Now I feel less embarassed to admit that I cried at the end if Crisis Core, 'cause you're there with me. :P Like it's not uncommon for me to tear up during sad scenes in general, but I cried.

..And we have the same answer again because I think I'm also going with TWEWY for day 10.

Day 10 - Best gameplay.

THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU

This one really stumped me, because there are so many different kinds of gameplay I enjoy, but I'm picking The World Ends With You because it was just so unique and fun. I recently played it again and still loved it. It's a lot to take in in the beginning - I remember finding it such a clusterfuck at first and thinking I'd never get the hang of fighting with both screens, but eventually I was able to do it with auto-partner completely off. There are so few JRPGs where I actually like grinding, but I did here. I didn't get into fights because I wanted to get more pins or digest bytes (okay, those were important too), but the battles were just really fun and I wanted to fight.

And then there was the equipment system - using 'brands' and falling/rising trends to determine what clothes and accessories would be most effective in each district. It just fit in with the setting of the game so well while still keeping that RPG element, which I thought was really cool.

Spoiler:

Day 11 - Gaming system of choice.

Title says 'system' and not 'console', so I'm assuming I can say PC. It'll never become obsolete when 'next gen' comes out, games are so much cheaper and go on frequent sales (it's so rare I have to spend more than 5-10 dollars for a game) and indie games, mods, etc. are much more readily accessible for PC.

And personally, I just like sitting in front of a computer more than the TV. I'm used to playing games at eye level and being close to the screen (which is probably really bad for my eyes), and as my TV is kind of elevated and far from where I can sit, I just don't feel as comfortable console gaming.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Day 11 - Gaming system of choice

Shoutout to the vita for being an awesome little system. You don't have to have 3D to be cool.

Now if microsoft could just get their shit straight and make a mobile gaming system.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Title says 'system' and not 'console', so I'm assuming I can say PC. It'll never become obsolete when 'next gen' comes out, games are so much cheaper and go on frequent sales (it's so rare I have to spend more than 5-10 dollars for a game) and indie games, mods, etc. are much more readily accessible for PC.

And personally, I just like sitting in front of a computer more than the TV. I'm used to playing games at eye level and being close to the screen (which is probably really bad for my eyes), and as my TV is kind of elevated and far from where I can sit, I just don't feel as comfortable console gaming.

Beat me to it! :P

Day 11: Gaming system of choice.

PC.

For most of the reasons Juno listed -- it's not obsolete when the Next Thing happens and the games are far, far cheaper -- and becaaaause:

• It's so much easier to upgrade a couple parts here or there in a good PC over buying a whole new $300-500~ console every time
    • Or sending a console to the manufacturer when it dies? I built my PC - I can repair it easier when something happens.
    • The library is massive, not to mention backward-compatible
    • I can easily play it on my TV or at my desk
    • Strategy games are not so available on console
    • Our ports from console games may be poo in comparison to games properly designed for a PC, but..
    • mods, mods, mods, mods.
    I vastly prefer my PC for most of my games.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

Hm, I play on a little bit of everything honestly. The PS2 is the console I have the most games for, but it's been awhile since I played anything for it. The 3DS is probably what I've played the most of over the last year, but recently it's been the Wii and N64 (yes, I have it hooked up to my TV) and even dusted off the old Saturn too. I don't have a preference, as my gaming is usual all over all the the place.

Admittedly, I've never been a PC gamer, as my computer has always been (and still is) on the shitty side. Also, being the big JRPG fan that I am, I realized Japanese (RPG) developers pretty much limit their games to consoles.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Admittedly, I've never been a PC gamer, as my computer has always been (and still is) on the shitty side. Also, being the big JRPG fan that I am, I realized Japanese (RPG) developers pretty much limit their games to consoles.

That's actually a point I should have mentioned. I am so glad that JRPGs are finally hitting the PC gaming scene. I'm not the biggest fan of the genre, but I do still enjoy getting sucked into them for the 100+ hours most of them take to finish. All I really have to play them are my 3DS and a PS2 slim, and, naturally, that means my options are still pretty limited.
    PC-wise we don't have a lot available right now, granted, but it's getting there. It's finally happening. :3

I actually just went on a Final Fantasy binge - Amazon has most of the PC-available titles for $6-8, and I couldn't help myself. secretly praying that the HD version of X and X-2 make it to PC so I don't have to buy a console

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Now I feel less embarassed to admit that I cried at the end if Crisis Core, 'cause you're there with me. :P Like it's not uncommon for me to tear up during sad scenes in general, but I cried.
    For what it's worth, one of my best friends doesn't cry at anything. He's one of those really emotionless kinda stoic guys when it comes to that sort of thing, especially in media. We played CC at around the same time and he called me at 5am the night he beat it (knowing I'd still be awake because lol what is a proper sleep schedule?) and he sounded so upset. Like, he couldn't even wait until later in the day when we were meeting up for dinner to talk about it. He had to talk about it right then. I'm not sure if he cried but I've never heard him as sad/emotional as he was when he beat that game. IT GETS TO EVERYONE.
    I actually just went on a Final Fantasy binge - Amazon has most of the PC-available titles for $6-8, and I couldn't help myself. secretly praying that the HD version of X and X-2 make it to PC so I don't have to buy a console
    FFX/-2 HD is coming to PS4 and XB1 which, iirc, have similar architecture to PCs so porting games between the three is a lot easier this gen. So I wouldn't be too surprised if S-E took their chance to bring the game to PC as well. I mean, if they can bring the XIII trilogy to PC, I feel like there's no way they wouldn't try to get X on there too. Fingers crossed!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Day 11 - Alli's gaming system of choice

Although my main collecting points are the N64, GameCube, and PlayStation 2, when it all comes down to it, I'm a really on the go, pick up and play, stay up late under the covers kind of person. So naturally, a handheld fits my needs. But not just any handheld. The 3DS is what I need. I think the selection of games for this thing is top notch. My 3DS collection has grown so much within the past year, which I realize the other day when I was trying to make room for my latest edition, haha. I'm just really fond of this thing, which is probably why I didn't have many qualms about shelling out the money for my XL model and probably still won't for the New 3DS, though I won't be getting it immediately. It's definitely seen the most use from me more than anything else I have and I take it with me everywhere. Looking forward to the New model and what it brings to the table in the future as well.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Day 11 - Alli's gaming system of choice

Although my main collecting points are the N64, GameCube, and PlayStation 2, when it all comes down to it, I'm a really on the go, pick up and play, stay up late under the covers kind of person. So naturally, a handheld fits my needs. But not just any handheld. The 3DS is what I need. I think the selection of games for this thing is top notch. My 3DS collection has grown so much within the past year, which I realize the other day when I was trying to make room for my latest edition, haha. I'm just really fond of this thing, which is probably why I didn't have many qualms about shelling out the money for my XL model and probably still won't for the New 3DS, though I won't be getting it immediately. It's definitely seen the most use from me more than anything else I have and I take it with me everywhere. Looking forward to the New model and what it brings to the table in the future as well.

Yukari

Day 11: Gaming system of choice.

PC.

For most of the reasons Juno listed -- it's not obsolete when the Next Thing happens and the games are far, far cheaper -- and becaaaause:

• It's so much easier to upgrade a couple parts here or there in a good PC over buying a whole new $300-500~ console every time
    • Or sending a console to the manufacturer when it dies? I built my PC - I can repair it easier when something happens.
    • The library is massive, not to mention backward-compatible
    • I can easily play it on my TV or at my desk
    • Strategy games are not so available on console
    • Our ports from console games may be poo in comparison to games properly designed for a PC, but..
    • mods, mods, mods, mods.
    I vastly prefer my PC for most of my games.

Oh, well, If PCs are an acceptable answer then I'm DEFINITELY changing mine.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years

The N64. It was one of my first systems and I still remember one birthday, I got Banjo Tooie as a gift. Oh man. What a good gift and an exciting unwrapping. I was thrilled. I feel like every N64 game of mine has a story attached to it, which makes it an extremely special system for me.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Way behind but fine, I'll do it. Skipping the ones I can't think of answers for.

Day 1 - Very first video game.

Super Mario Bros. on NES. Technically my mom's (I think), but still was the first one I could play whenever I wanted as a kid.

Day 2 - Your favorite character.

This one may change, but right now I have to say Nathan Drake. I enjoy how nonchalant he is about things that happen in the game. Oh, and he has some good one-liners as well.

Day 5 - Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were).

Jason Brody, Far Cry 3. Kind of an odd game to pick for something like this, but I can kind of relate to how he was forced to face his fears and innocence so to speak and do what was necessary to survive. Not that I'm exactly in a survival situation, but I can relate to having to dive head first into the unknown like him. (Also, I don't wish I was him, thank you very much)

Day 6 - Most annoying character.

Rival in Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. He just ran around screaming things, crashing into you, and fining you $10 million every time you saw him. Oh, and then when you battled in a double with him, he sucked.

Day 8 - Best soundtrack.

Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal, don't know why but that music is just the best for me.

Day 9 - Saddest game scene.

Spoiler:

Day 10 - Best gameplay.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. I just had a blast doing everything in that game.

PS3, but that's mostly because I've played the most games on it and there are still a bunch of games I want to play on it.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years

Does Android count? If so, that's my pick. Main reason being...well, I'm more of an avid mobile gamer rather than a console gamer.

Years
    Day 12 - A game everyone should play.

This is the third time I'm bring up this game because I really love it. You have to play Kid Icarus: Uprising right now!!! It's such a fun game and because I've already stated the reasons why I'm just gonna be lazy and grab a quote from my own post before:

I reeeeeeaaaallly liked Kid Icarus: Uprising a lot. It was a very engaging game that always left you feeling satisfied and wanting more. The characters were funny and memorable and it just had a lot of replay value no matter how many times you've played it.

The controls were great in my opinion, but I will admit that in the beginning the controls needed a bit to get used to. However that was quickly made up for the fact that the game has a ridiculous amount of weapons to use with many of them you probably won't ever use (honestly I just stuck with the Silver Bow for like the whole game).

Back