• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
    Just realised My phone went page diving and I missed loads!

I managed to eat a little for lunch today but my appetite has deserted me once again so that's a thing.

Hey Dawn!!!!! Good to see you 😊

Not really well at least for me I can't, It is what it is I suppose.

I think I actually might prefer minimalist flairs tbh :)

There's a lot of truly awesome flairs on PC, both minimalist / plain and css heavy. People here are so good at theming it blows my mind!

Years
    Just realised My phone went page diving and I missed loads!

I think I actually might prefer minimalist flairs tbh :)

There's a lot of truly awesome flairs on PC, both minimalist / plain and css heavy. People here are so good at theming it blows my mind!

I'm a minimalist type person in real life so mine would be very simple if I could do my own flair and decorate my profile. Yes, I see alot of talented artists in that field I admire there stuff.

Years
    some really do love to go all out. i personally prefer thinner more minimalist themes myself, so that's why my flair is super narrow lol.

if you wanna learn about flair designing basics Leaf, there's always this guide :)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    There's also always the option to preview what your flair looks like. So its easy to spend a while to tinker with even some basic things like background color or font, etc.

And yes: sometimes less is more. Though I wouldn't mind being decent at css to try out more things.

pkmin3033

Just spent the last 45 minutes overhauling my theme...at least half of that time was spent swearing at imgur because of update failure messages. That site has gone downhill something awful since it introduced ads and premium membership...I almost miss Imageshack and Photobucket. Almost.

Hey, how are things? :o

Years
    Just spent the last 45 minutes overhauling my theme...at least half of that time was spent swearing at imgur because of update failure messages. That site has gone downhill something awful since it introduced ads and premium membership...I almost miss Imageshack and Photobucket. Almost.

Hey, how are things? :o

Imgur and Imgbb are still my go-tos, I haven't found anything better recently 😕

I'm good thank you! I hope you're well too :)

Slick theme btw!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    Imgur has gotten worse since they decided to emphasize being a ~*~Community~*~ and tried to set up social and sharing features that literally nobody was asking for. Like, we like you but you're an image upload service. Stay in your lane

pkmin3033

Imgur and Imgbb are still my go-tos, I haven't found anything better recently 😕

I'm good thank you! I hope you're well too :)

Slick theme btw!
    I've never heard of Imgbb...will have to look into it. Usually if I have stuff to upload it's onto Discord so I haven't used hosting sites recently, aha.

I'm a little more on top of things, I think. Last couple of weeks have been awful, but it's getting there. Maybe. Hopefully.

Ta~

Years
    Imgur has gotten worse since they decided to emphasize being a ~*~Community~*~ and tried to set up social and sharing features that literally nobody was asking for. Like, we like you but you're an image upload service. Stay in your lane

Bing to the o

pkmin3033

Imgur, a community of frustrated users who just want to upload pictures but are forced to jump through hoops or smash through a paywall...why am I not surprised by this.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I take it imgur has done some annoying stuff over the years but I don't notice because my account is years old and/or I just log in to access my own images and upload more?

Hey everyone~
    I hope everyone is doing well today. I wish I could decorate my profile like everyone else and my flare as well. I'm tight on money so can't donate to PC yet at this time, eventually though I like too, showing me contributing more to the fourm.
    You don't have to be a donator in order to be able to make a post flair. I think that there's a thing or two locked behind supportership, but it's not require to have a flair at all. And if you don't know how to make one, you can always have someone make one for you. That's what I did, I don't know shit about CSS so that was my only option.

Profile page customization idk about though, I've never bothered with mine and really I have that bit disabled

Wait I thought adults were free to do whatever they want.
    if only that was the case 🙁

you spend your childhood thinking that adulthood will be great, then you get there and find out it's not and you don't know what the fuck you're doing

Years
    I take it imgur has done some annoying stuff over the years but I don't notice because my account is years old and/or I just log in to access my own images and upload more?

You don't have to be a donator in order to be able to make a post flair. I think that there's a thing or two locked behind supportership, but it's not require to have a flair at all. And if you don't know how to make one, you can always have someone make one for you. That's what I did, I don't know shit about CSS so that was my only option.

Profile page customization idk about though, I've never bothered with mine and really I have that bit disabled

if only that was the case 🙁

you spend your childhood thinking that adulthood will be great, then you get there and find out it's not and you don't know what the fuck you're doing

Oh I see thank you for the information maybe I'll try to find someone to customize mine possibly.

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    Skimming through this conversation, I use imgur for posting images on these forums/in signatures, and I use giphy for posting gifs because imgur has a fit over it, and I can just add gifs to favourites so I can access them quickly. Like this!

a good ol' fashioned DCC!

It means I can just keep using the same URL and don't have to upload the same gif constantly when I wanna use it.

Making a post flair was like, the first thing I did after signing up here. I just signed up, made my introduction post and went straight to the profile settings. Or maybe it was the other way around.~
    I just play around with colours until I see what I like, a couple conversations here with people have started because I changed my flair/account theme, I'll just try and play around with things that look nice.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I just throw stuff into my Dropbox and get a public link. Can't get much more control than that.

Izanagee2005

Me. I. Yours truly.
    Years
    • Age 18
    • He/Him
    • India
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I just upload it on Discord lol (on a DM or something). Then copy link and embed them here.

Back