• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

are you a dog person or cat person?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Cat person. Grew up with some. Probably helped towards that end.

Rarely interacts with dogs (now or before). Seemed more active and attention-hungry than cats, in general. Suits some people more than others.

Years
    • Seen today
    Dogs. It does take some effort and bonding, but seeing love from a dog can be one of the sweetest and most precious things.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    1b5.gif

Never had a cat before though. My father is very much a dog person so that was basically the beginning and end of any decision on whether we'd get a dog or a cat. Ever since we moved out a year and a half ago it's become an option on the table and my sisters and I are interested in getting a cat, but idk if now or anytime soon is the time to be getting one.

Years
  • i've got my foot on both sides here. my gf and i have our own puppy, but before that i got a healthy share of cats and dogs at my family house and her family house as well. i don't remember a time where i wasn't surrounded by animals.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • definitely cats. i don't mind dogs, they're very cute, but i just know enough people in my life that have dogs (i know someone that has 3 at least), plus they're a little more high maintenance in my opinion. cats are more independent.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I wanna say cats. But my mother decided to pick up a third one this year. So, when I went to her to visit, I sure felt like I was trapped in some sort of "cat hell". A little bit of an advise: you shouldn't wait with cleaning the litter box until the cats decide that they'd rather do their business elsewhere. <_<

Years
  • There are a lot of stray cats where I live. For some reason, the neighbor next door feeds them. When I tried to pet them, they would run away so I gave up.
    I had a dog when I was 12. It was my step-dad's dog, but she died four months later. She was so well trained and intelligent, but I guess that's pretty common for Border Collies.
    Some staff I had at the group home brought in their dogs for pet therapy so that was fun.
    And the kicker, my brother recently got a dog. He's a big puppy but so loving.
    So Dogs.
    But at the same time, I do like cats. I just prefer dogs.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Cats! I've always loved them and always wanted one but I don't really know where that love started. I've never owned a pet my whole life and only now have a dog and a cat because I'm living with my bf's family right now. While I love both of them and spend a lot of time with them both (the dog especially), our dog will pee on the floor and chew through my clothing and the cat will ask me for pets and come to me for food, where she'll sit there and let me pet her. One of those is way better.

Back