• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

are you a pet person?

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NJ
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I have 2 dogs and 5 cats currently. I have always lived with cats, but have had a dog since i was like 15 as well.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
    I used to have a fish and a bird but it's been a while since I've had a pet. But I can easily see myself with a pet, probably going to be living with dogs, birds, and a lizard, maybe some cats too.

Years
    I am not. After the death of my beloved dog, I don't think I could ever have another pet. I can't deal with the loss of an animal. I still miss my dog deeply and I have not fully healed since her passing. However, my boyfriend really wants a dog so we'll see what the future holds. Maybe when I have children I'll get one that they can play with.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    do british longhairs shed?

yes, i want to live with cats forever. they are beautiful and make me calm and amused. also they make for great heated blankets.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I am not. After the death of my beloved dog, I don't think I could ever have another pet. I can't deal with the loss of an animal. I still miss my dog deeply and I have not fully healed since her passing. However, my boyfriend really wants a dog so we'll see what the future holds. Maybe when I have children I'll get one that they can play with.

I can definitely understand this. Not on a personal level because it never happened to me, but I watched it happen to a family member. His connection with his dog was so unique and so strong.. fifteen years later he still doesn't have another dog because the heartbreak was just too much for him. The pain of losing such a beloved pet can be so profound that the idea of "getting a new one" or "replacing" them is almost insulting, especially atop the knowledge that you will most likely outlive them too. I respect that you don't want to subject your already wounded heart again that way, even though I do believe the best remedy for dealing with a passing pet is to rescue one that needs a good home.

I myself have been a pet person since the moment I knew animal could even be pets! My parents were always resistant to the notion, but after years of insistence we finally adopted Jesse! A precious (and precocious) Jack-Russel Terrier. After that we rescued Jake, a Shetland Sheepdog (mini Collie)! As much as I love all my animals equally, Jake will always hold a special place in my heart. I have his paw-print and a picture of him on the mantle. <3 In this list is also a school of fish who I named after all the original Power Rangers lol, and many more aquariums of fish who too lived out their natural lives. Except Bruce. He got too big for the tank but luckily we knew someone who has a freshwater pond and now he'd living there.

Then, when I moved in with my then-bf, Tucker (a big ol' mutt! We suspect Australian Shepard, Chow, and maybe a little Husky), Cob (a tiny little orange Corn snake who we adopted out to a friend), Boots (a Maine coon cat), Tiger (Boot's brother), Ophelia (a little dive floof), and Elijah (our secret KGB agent), entered my life. We've since lost Boots and Tiger, and Tucker is coming on 14 now with some serious health problems, so we suspect we'll have to make that "choice" soon. :( But they are each wonderful, incredible creatures on their own.

I've also had a pet Jumping Spider! His name was Brad and I had him from about late September 2019 to early January 2020 -- which is pretty good because males usually don't live long and especially not through Winter. I'm on the hunt for another wild-caught jumper everyday! Hoping for a female Emperor jumper or a female Zebra jumper. <3

I could go on endlessly about this and I would make a lot of personal sacrifices to have pets. I want to own a Leopard Gecko, an Axanthic Ivory Ball Python, a pair of Budgies, a Green Bottle Blue Tarantula, and lastly I want to very specifically rescue Corgis and cats that have physical delays or are handicapped in some way.

Years
    The only pet I ever owned was a dog named Lucy. She didn't last long sadly but she was a GOOD dog.

That said, I want another pet, but sadly, I just can't see myself having one in the future. That also said, I still love pets.

pkmin3033

I'd love to have another bunny...I miss having a bunny. My last one died back in 2011 and I didn't get another because I was expecting to move out within a few months (fast forward 9 years and I'm still here, oof) and...yeah, I'd love another bunny. If/when I get my own place I might get a small house bunny. If I can contrive a way to keep it from chewing wires and leaving droppings in inconvenient places.

I love cats, too. I love every kind of cat. I just want to hug all of them! But I can't...

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I am a pets groomer by profession and I currently have 3 puppitos and 2 angel-doges.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I've always wanted to get a cat but will have to wait till I move out since my parents banned us from having one at home. Not sure of a specific breed yet but all cats are cute! We have looked after pets for a few years including: guinea pigs, chickens and right now we have koi if that counts? But yes am looking forward to it. :D

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
    Yes. I don't have any I own personally though. My little sister has a dog and my mom has a cat. Once I move out I'll probably get a cat of my own once I can financially afford it.

Back