• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you athletic?

Sirfetch’d

I've been going to the gym lately and playing a little basketball with my friends and I realize that I am a very unathletic person haha. This brings back memories of high school where I was always picked late for teams because of how bad I was :x

Are you an athletic person or are you like me and should stick to video games?

Years
  • Athletic? No
    Well build? I'd say yes. I work physically for 4 years.

My stamina kinda sucks, I admit, but if it comes to terms of physical strength, I can say I'm not bad. But all this thanks to my work, if I wouldn't have this job, I'd be fat and very weak no-life.

Years
  • I'm strong, but not really athletic lol, the most I do is either walk or ride my bike, but I can do so for a long time, so I guess I have decent stamina.
    But what I find myself most doing is sitting at my computer lol

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i'm not very strong but i would say i'm athletic and competitive. i'm much better on the field than inside playing COD.

pkmin3033

Lord, no. I've always enjoyed walking (and swimming when I was younger) but I've never been keen on anything remotely resembling strenuous physical activity. My physical health right now would prevent me from becoming athletic anyway...I'd likely collapse within the first five minutes of exercising. Unfortunately, that isn't an exaggeration either: I get winde almost instantly if I do anything other than walk.

"Exercise" is a dirty word in this house, so it runs in the family, although my father is fairly fit because his job requires him to be.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • I don't have much upper body strength and will lose a fight to practically anyone or anything but I can run pretty well. I've been in the athletics team (which I guess is our version of the "track team"?) for a few years but I must admit, I've been slipping away the past few months with exams and sloth >~<

Years
  • I used to be super athletic as a child but then really slacked off when I got to secondary school (being the kind of student that was always picked last for teams lol).
    When I started university, though, I joined the kendo club there and got back on track a bit :> just had a break from kendo practise for about half a year because of my year abroad but am determined to get back into it! Might join the gym, too, for some extra exercise, but I'll see how that goes

Years
  • When it comes to sport I've always been far from the best, but thankfully I've never been the worst either (and actually I was pretty decent at high jump/long jump cause long legs).

These days I wouldn't really fit the standard definition of being "athletic" but because of my dancing work/hobby I'm extremely fit and much stronger physically than I appear. So I guess I'm somewhat athletic even though I don't look it?

Years
  • I may look like I'm unfit, but I'm actually a pretty good runner. Comes in handy when I need to hold up a bus so that it doesn't go without my mother, because she's really slow and has to often rely on me for stuff these days.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • god no

i'm very strong, especially considering my utter lack of activity, and i could be athletic if i bothered to get in shape. but no.

Years
  • I think I'm reasonably athletic. My strengths include my, well, strength, reflexes, and kinesthetic sense. My weakness is endurance.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I was athletic when my Dad took me to the park or I went in the pool at my apartments. Not anymore. I need to start taking hour long walks like I used to.

Years
  • I don't ever recall a time when I was athletic in any manner.

I mean, I guess I was decent at sports in school...some sports...nowhere near good enough to do them on any sort of serious level though.
    Was just never my thing.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    yeah no

I have twigs for arms and no stamina

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Im not very athletic, but I can be somewhat fast in short bursts. I dont have much stamina or endurance at all. I try to run 2 miles every day after school, but Im not very fast. I just do it to stay somewhat in shape. I am naturally strong and I bet if I lifted weights I would actually be built. Im tall and big, but not like fat.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I've been suggested to join the track team for what it's worth

But my stamina is awful. I get worn out really quickly. Warm up sessions in the boxing club were hardly warm ups for me at first haha.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    hell yea im very athletic even though the last time i did an organized team sport was like 2 years ago

I still maintain a certain degree of athleticism because well sports are fun and I enjoy doing them as a hobby or something to keep me active so if you tryna get dunked on in a game of 21 just let me know the time and place

Yukari

I do a lot of walking and swimming if that counts for something. x:

Back