• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you left handed or right handed?

Years
    • Seen today
    Basic question, but I'm curious. Some here might even be both

I'm left handed to the point where I almost completely neglect my right for everything. (Even now I'm resting my right hand and typing this with my left).

I think the only issue has been scissors. Especially in school buildings where they exclusively seemed to only have right handed scissors, I would usually end up asking someone if they could cut for me since I was embarrassingly sloppy.

Years
  • I've always wanted to be a lefty after looking at how cool they look with an upside down guitar. But ofc I'd miss being able to use scissors properly.

Years
  • Like the majority of people, I'm right-handed. My left is practically useless and just there so I don't look lopsided most of the time.

Years
  • I'm a leftie, and scissors are the bane of my existence.
    Don't come at me with your logic of "buy left-handed scissors".

I love being left-handed, ngl. It's cool to be different. 8)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I found out a neat statistic: apparently there's a 90% chance a left handed mother will pass their hand dominance to their daughters.

Guess I missed that genetic boat, cause I'm right handed. Also kinda happy to be so because I do a lot of calligraphy and that would be a pain. :c

Years
  • A righty! I get that from my dad's side of the family. My mother's a lefty, and her siblings and parents were either lefties or ambidextrous. I have always admired ambidextrous people, my favorite historic one being Leonardo Da Vinci.

LittleSnowyOne

I love Dima
    Years
    • Age 33
    • she/her
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2020
    I'm right-handed.

Both of my brothers are left-handed, as was my great-grandfather. They're the only left-handed relatives I know of.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    right-handed, except when it comes to using a vacuum, where I'm ambidextrous

why the fuck it's that and that's the only thing as far as I can remember, idk lol

Years
  • My hands have specific tasks.

Right: writing
    Left: typing (I type mainly with one hand)

Otherwise I use them both.

Back