• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

As normal as they come~

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • This thread isn't to be confused with the 'Normies' thread. It was inspired by it though. XD

Anyway, do you consider yourself to be normal? Do you usually try to fit in with others just to seem really normal to them? Is it often difficult to act normal in certain settings for you?

For me? Hell no. Being autistic sort of makes me abnormal. Those who know me really well can tell you that I'm a strange person. :P I've always had a hard time being normal around others as well, so I tend to just be myself instead. If I can be myself, then it's almost as if being normal can come pretty naturally... if that even makes sense. XD

So, what about you? :3

pkmin3033

Nah, I'm perfectly normal. It's everyone else who is weird.

Sirfetch’d

Depends on what your view of "normal" is. I don't consider myself molded into society to the point of where I am just like everyone else but I also don't go out of my way to be extremely different. To answer though I just consider myself as myself.

Years
  • Certainly not normal here. My early life was corrupted by conflict, bullying and fear, and that unfortunately sank into me a lot.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    No,I don't think I'm normal, I think normal people are often boring people tbh. I act like I want to and be myself; if people like me for who I am then that's great if not then that's fine too.

Wait though, if everyone was weird then wouldn't weird be the new normal?

Saragraph

Everything for the OST.
    Years
  • Do you consider yourself to be normal? I don't. I'm definitely not normal. Of course it helps that I have the diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome, which automatically makes me abnormal just like Deracine said. Social situations are difficult are difficult to me, even after years and years of experience. Knowing what to say at the right time, knowing when to stop with a joke, placing myself in someone else's head, interpreting and dealing with emotions. This, together with the given that I just have a weird sense of humor when compared to the people I see everyday and that I have non-common interests make my abnormal. Not that I go out of my way to be like that, I just am.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • normal people don't exist. if there is a person that does the normal thing in every single facet of their life, then that in and of itself is abnormal, so where the heck does that leave you. I don't like classifying people as Normal and Abnormal. it's weird to me. you just are.

Adrasteia

[font=Comic Sans][/font]
    Years
  • …who would want to be normal?! All that stress trying to conform to a cookie cutter image that is as unrealistic as the idea of normality. I'd rather those people avoid me because they consider me 'weird' than be forced to talk to them and have them look at me like I'm contagious when I spout sone nonsense about forks that just popped into my head. Every person who's ever been called weird should be flattered that there unique enough for someone to have pointed that out :)
    'I believe whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you... Stranger'-The Joker <obviously not someone to aspire to be like but you have to admire his weirdness ;)

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Nah, normal is boring.

I definitely don't go out of my way to "fit in" with other people, nor would I want to. It's far more fun being a little bit weird :D

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • If everyone is different, then what is "normal?" Is there even such a thing as a "normal" person? I guess using an arbitrary definition of "normal" being similar to "cool," Im not "normal."

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • A quote I just heard on the radio:

"If you ever find someone 'normal' on the street, please bring them to me, because they clearly need some help".

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't think you'd peg me as abnormal ( until you truly get to know me, which is just how it should be<3 )

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Normal? Pfft normal.

If you're in anyway friends with me in any way, shape or form, you and I both know that we're both crazy in some way.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    normal people don't exist. if there is a person that does the normal thing in every single facet of their life, then that in and of itself is abnormal, so where the heck does that leave you. I don't like classifying people as Normal and Abnormal. it's weird to me. you just are.

This. Normal people don't exist. Everybody is unique, and no characteristic is. Nobody is normal, because if I'd take the average characteristics and boiled them into a human, nobody would find them interesting. I doubt people would ever call themselves normal, anyway. If I look at the average instragram feed, it's filled with "lol I'm so weird" and "Why be normal when you can be crazy?". Normal is just the word people use for people they don't find interesting that aren't like them.

Years
  • normal people don't exist. if there is a person that does the normal thing in every single facet of their life, then that in and of itself is abnormal, so where the heck does that leave you. I don't like classifying people as Normal and Abnormal. it's weird to me. you just are.

This was more or less going to be my answer, so I'll just be lazy and quote it.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    this thread is basically the normie thread but less focused on the labelling....

there is no such thing as normal. everyone has a different idea of what normal is. i think every single person i've ever met in my entire life is a weirdo. even those who try their damn hardest to appear normal (ie. act in a way they believe the other person would think is appropriate) to every person they meet is among the weirdest ways one can behave.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I am not normal; I am nothing more than a monster. I don't know how to cook, pay the bills, or take care of a house, which are the basic requirements to being normal. This is why I wish I don't want to be a human anymore, because I fail at functioning as one.

Back